Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oh boy. Chad Kelly cut

CheezyColt

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To add to my last comment though, it looks like eason has put in a lot of work and effort, and this could be Ballard's way of saying he fully trusts Eason now.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Cutting Kelly might mean the FO is pleased with Eason's progress.  The cut could be a sign of good things.

You beat me by a second. 100% agree.

Just now, danlhart87 said:

will ferrell panic GIF

Don't be a troublemaker :lol: This is a tragedy for every man, women and child that is a Colts fan! hahahaha 

I do wish we kept him though, so he could compete next year with Eason, but I believe Eason has a good chance to be our future franchise QB starting next year.

47 minutes ago, w87r said:

This could get very ugly around here.

Kelly era must be over? Seems odd to release him now. 

I expect him to be back in a similar fashion to how we handled Phillip Walker several years ago. Release him and get him back on the roster depending on whether we have any immediate need this current week for another position(with WR getting hit with injuries we need more WRs these days it seems)

edit: well, that of course is unless he's done something stupid behind the scenes to lose Reich and Ballard's trust. 

1 minute ago, Dogg63 said:

Favor repaid. Good deed accomplished. Best to Chad. Cheers to Frank Reich and Jim Kelly!

If Eason is anywhere close to what Ballard thinks he is, then I 100% agree. Kelly held his spot long enough until Eason may or may not of proven himself to Ballard and Reich.

40 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's annoying only because we released him before knowing what we had in him in a real game. Could be a mistake. We'll find out down the line.

Remember...   we didn’t cut CK from the 53.    We cut him from the Practice Squad.   The 16-man PS. 

That said, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him back on the PS somewhere during the season.    Or not.   

This is going to be a strange, strange season.  Keep telling yourself that every time you’re surprised....

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

I expect him to be back in a similar fashion to how we handled Phillip Walker several years ago. Release him and get him back on the roster depending on whether we have any immediate need this current week for another position(with WR getting hit with injuries we need more WRs these days it seems)

With the expanded PS not to sure remember the Colts have a Kicker on the PS

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Who cares? We all knew it would happen sooner or later. O mean for petes sake we had 4 QBs

Actually we didn't. It's probably good news in the way that Eason is progressing nicely as he learns in his rookie year. I believe if Eason was struggling, we'd still have Kelly as an "insurance policy". Take that for what it's worth (my opinion).

11 minutes ago, stitches said:

edit: well, that of course is unless he's done something stupid behind the scenes to lose Reich and Ballard's trust. 

*XFL Legend PJ Walker

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

To add to my last comment though, it looks like eason has put in a lot of work and effort, and this could be Ballard's way of saying he fully trusts Eason now.

You beat me by a second. 100% agree.

Agreed, unless they found some new guy to bring in, the silver lining is that they probably wouldn't cut Kelly if they weren't pleased with Eason's progress. And considering he's the only QB on the roster thus far for next season they're keeping a close eye on that progress.

Archived