Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Philip Rivers mic'd up for game 3 - video

Dogg63

Nice little Micd up video.

Why didnt Castonzo help him up when he got hit. He just turned and started walking away, before realizing he should've helped his QB up...too late. 

He is the ultimate competitor. 

He said

"Big shots landed in round 3." 

Always nice to be mic'd up when you win big. I feel sorry for any Jets players who were mic'd up for the game. I'll admit Philip Rivers wasn't my first choice to be our QB, but now that he is here I really like this guy. He seems to fit in with the team and with Indianapolis. It is also nice to see someone who seems to genuinely enjoy what they are doing. Keep it up #17!

4 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Always nice to be mic'd up when you win big. I feel sorry for any Jets players who were mic'd up for the game. I'll admit Philip Rivers wasn't my first choice to be our QB, but now that he is here I really like this guy. He seems to fit in with the team and with Indianapolis. It is also nice to see someone who seems to genuinely enjoy what they are doing. Keep it up #17!

River's leadership is what stands out to me. 

9 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Philip is just a working class lunch pail guy. I suspect just like the citizens of Indianapolis 

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

rivers is gonna keep getting better . He has been moving the ball down field nicely .   He seems to be refreshed here , and is really slinging it lately .  super bowl time i can feel it .  Rivers deserves at least one ring

I believe that he gets to Canton even if he doesn't take another snap, but I've always thought of him as similar to Steve Young (without the mobility) in the sense that if you add 1 ring to all of his accumulated stats, and he's a no-doubt 1st ballot Hall of Famer.

6 hours ago, Trace Pyott said:

Am I becoming a rivers fan????  What a weird year 2020 has been. I literally hated the guy almost as much as Brady. I swear we live in a simulation sometimes and the creator is just messing with us. 

yesirie! Been some strange times...

Used to hate on him, totally changed my attitude since he came on board, 

in fact I am really enjoying his old school good old boy proper approach to things. Refreshing in this day and age!

13 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

I believe that he gets to Canton even if he doesn't take another snap, but I've always thought of him as similar to Steve Young (without the mobility) in the sense that if you add 1 ring to all of his accumulated stats, and he's a no-doubt 1st ballot Hall of Famer.

i believe he gets his ring this year or next .  This colts team is a sleeper loaded with talent on defense .  best offensive line in football great power run game , and great weapons and coaching .   Balanced teams are hard to beat come playoff time .  the colts biggest challenge is the chiefs and the colts defense bullied pat mahomes last year and shut him down and beat him with a horrible back up Qb and half the roster beat up and injured .  This year with phillip rivers slinging the ball like he has its time for rivers to get his ring.

Still way too early. Plus, we all knew the first half of their schedule was likely going to be less challenging than the second half of it, and so far that seems to be the case. We'll get a real sense of their chance as they go through that second half schedule, although they're going to be better by then than they are now, as well. So we shall see.

But it sure is shaping up to be a fun stretch run this year.

19 hours ago, Trace Pyott said:

Am I becoming a rivers fan????  What a weird year 2020 has been. I literally hated the guy almost as much as Brady. I swear we live in a simulation sometimes and the creator is just messing with us. 

The Rivers you see now is the same Rivers that was in San Diego for 14 years.  You hated him because he is good at what he does, he has tremendous passion for the game, and he used that talent and passion to beat the Colts 6 out of 8 times.

Rivers is a legend.  I'm just glad another fan base is getting to find out who he really is, because the national media has overlooked and crapped on him for far too long.

There's a reason that players and coaches around the league always have the best things to say about Rivers, while casual fans just spout off whatever *ic narrative they heard on ESPN.  The guy is a HOFer, no doubt.  Just hope he gets another postseason shot or two with the Colts.

9 hours ago, Taxman said:

The Rivers you see now is the same Rivers that was in San Diego for 14 years.  You hated him because he is good at what he does, he has tremendous passion for the game, and he used that talent and passion to beat the Colts 6 out of 8 times.

Sadly and it pains me to say this but I think you are right.  I hated how he bathed in our tears and seemed to enjoy it more than most would or should lol but now that he’s on our side I love seeing him lead and watch how much fun he is having and the influence it has in our team. It’s a total refresher having had a guy just basically quit on us and leave the team in his prime and then go to a guy in his twilight playing years and watch him play every game like it may be his last. Just two diff sides of the coin. 
  But back to my previous statement. To me he is kind of like lance Stephenson. A lot of other teams fans and players hate him but when he’s a pacer, he may act like a complete * out there sometimes but he’s our * and that for whatever reason makes all the difference in the world. 

9 hours ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Rivers is a legend.  I'm just glad another fan base is getting to find out who he really is, because the national media has overlooked and crapped on him for far too long.

There's a reason that players and coaches around the league always have the best things to say about Rivers, while casual fans just spout off whatever *ic narrative they heard on ESPN.  The guy is a HOFer, no doubt.  Just hope he gets another postseason shot or two with the Colts.

Just like you said he is def a HOF. I hated his guts almost as much as Brady and I will be the first to admit before he was a colt he deserves to be in the HOF. If it wasn’t for PEYton and Brady the two best arguably of all time ( I say Peyton is) I think rivers would have at least 2-4 afc mvp trophies. He is without a doubt HOF. 

50 minutes ago, Trace Pyott said:

Sadly and it pains me to say this but I think you are right.  I hated how he bathed in our tears and seemed to enjoy it more than most would or should lol but now that he’s on our side I love seeing him lead and watch how much fun he is having and the influence it has in our team. It’s a total refresher having had a guy just basically quit on us and leave the team in his prime and then go to a guy in his twilight playing years and watch him play every game like it may be his last. Just two diff sides of the coin. 
  But back to my previous statement. To me he is kind of like lance Stephenson. A lot of other teams fans and players hate him but when he’s a pacer, he may act like a complete * out there sometimes but he’s our * and that for whatever reason makes all the difference in the world. 

As far as Rivers bathing in our tears and maybe enjoying more than he should have, it was in response to how he was trash talked pretty heavy by some of our fans. 

I have no problems with his competitive nature.

He deserves getting a second chance with a pretty talented team around him. 

My fingers are crossed no doubt. 

8 hours ago, Trace Pyott said:

Just like you said he is def a HOF. I hated his guts almost as much as Brady and I will be the first to admit before he was a colt he deserves to be in the HOF. If it wasn’t for PEYton and Brady the two best arguably of all time ( I say Peyton is) I think rivers would have at least 2-4 afc mvp trophies. He is without a doubt HOF. 

Rivers deserved MVP in 2008.  I know Peyton won it, and this is a Colts forum, so my opinion will be very unpopular.

But go back and look at the stats.  Rivers led the league in TDs and passer rating (also led in TD % by a wide margin).  Not only did Rivers not get MVP that year, but he was also left off the all-pro team as well as the pro bowl.  Imagine being the best statistical QB in the league by a comfortable margin and not even making the pro bowl.  Absolutely criminal.

Archived