Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Xavier Rhodes wins AFC Defensive Player of the week!


Recommended Posts

I don't know if that INT in the endzone was a great play or him trying to recover from missing an assignment. 

 

If he handed off the receiver to the S (Willis, I think) and then realized that he wasn't covering him, it was a great play.  Has anyone confirmed that?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Smonroe said:

I don't know if that INT in the endzone was a great play or him trying to recover from missing an assignment. 

 

If he handed off the receiver to the S (Willis, I think) and then realized that he wasn't covering him, it was a great play.  Has anyone confirmed that?

My Aunt said the same thing when we were watching the game. I think that's 100% true tbh.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I don't know if that INT in the endzone was a great play or him trying to recover from missing an assignment. 

 

If he handed off the receiver to the S (Willis, I think) and then realized that he wasn't covering him, it was a great play.  Has anyone confirmed that?

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I don't know if that INT in the endzone was a great play or him trying to recover from missing an assignment. 

 

If he handed off the receiver to the S (Willis, I think) and then realized that he wasn't covering him, it was a great play.  Has anyone confirmed that?

Doesn't it make it a great play either way?

 

Even more impressive if it was a missed assignment, imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, w87r said:

Doesn't it make it a great play either way?

 

Even more impressive if it was a missed assignment, imo.

 

It's a great play either way, but you don't want your CB missing an assignment when the WR has a lot more room to go.

 

According to what @Dogg63 just posted, it was a great come back after a handoff.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Smonroe said:

 

It's a great play either way, but you don't want your CB missing an assignment when the WR has a lot more room to go.

 

According to what @Dogg63 just posted, it was a great come back after a handoff.

I agree you don't want your guy to be missing assignments, but if he does and still comes back and makes the interception in the end zone its a great play. Shortened field helped recovery, if that was the case, for sure.

 

Like you said, from dogg63 post seems to be just a great play anyway.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I sure hope it is a sign that he is dialed in for the season, confidence can go a long way with DB's psyche much more than mots positions. Carrie playing well, Moore steady when Rock comes back the corner issue many thought may kill us could turn into a strength. Tell may regret sitting out the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...