Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Xavier Rhodes wins AFC Defensive Player of the week!

Yoshinator

I don't know if that INT in the endzone was a great play or him trying to recover from missing an assignment. 

If he handed off the receiver to the S (Willis, I think) and then realized that he wasn't covering him, it was a great play.  Has anyone confirmed that?

Just now, Smonroe said:

I don't know if that INT in the endzone was a great play or him trying to recover from missing an assignment. 

If he handed off the receiver to the S (Willis, I think) and then realized that he wasn't covering him, it was a great play.  Has anyone confirmed that?

My Aunt said the same thing when we were watching the game. I think that's 100% true tbh.

16 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

15 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Doesn't it make it a great play either way?

Even more impressive if it was a missed assignment, imo.

15 minutes ago, w87r said:

Doesn't it make it a great play either way?

Even more impressive if it was a missed assignment, imo.

It's a great play either way, but you don't want your CB missing an assignment when the WR has a lot more room to go.

According to what @Dogg63 just posted, it was a great come back after a handoff.

Just now, Smonroe said:

It's a great play either way, but you don't want your CB missing an assignment when the WR has a lot more room to go.

According to what @Dogg63 just posted, it was a great come back after a handoff.

I agree you don't want your guy to be missing assignments, but if he does and still comes back and makes the interception in the end zone its a great play. Shortened field helped recovery, if that was the case, for sure.

Like you said, from dogg63 post seems to be just a great play anyway.

I sure hope it is a sign that he is dialed in for the season, confidence can go a long way with DB's psyche much more than mots positions. Carrie playing well, Moore steady when Rock comes back the corner issue many thought may kill us could turn into a strength. Tell may regret sitting out the season.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I got mad the night they took Dorsett and I still get mad when I think about.  Look at all the good players he passed on for him.  I wanted Xavier Rhodes in that draft and they could have had him…
    • Grigson didn’t hit on another high draft pick until Ryan Kelly after Hilton.  Just goes to speak about how good Andrew Luck was that those teams were as good as they were until Luck literally feel apart from carrying the team on his shoulders.  
    • Irsay or no other pro-sports owner is strapped for cash.  Look at the lifestyles they live.  These guys are swimming in money Scrooge McDuck style.  They like to get you to think that they are so that they have to pay for less things like the a new stadium and give them friendly tax breaks but they aren’t.  These guys are super rich even the small market teams like the Colts.  If you want to think they are strapped for cash go a head but we are going to agree to disagree.  
    • I agree. I cannot recall who else he drafted in 2015 but I could not understand why he drafted the WR out of Miami at #29 that year.
    • If I may….    I’ll share some information that I’ve had for about 4 months.   It may or may not surprise you.  This is what I tried to send you the other night but somehow screwed up.      These are the big signing bonuses the Colts have given out over the years when the players 2nd contract came around:  this is from Spotrac.    Nelson:   $31m Leonard:  $20m Smith:      $15m Taylor:      $10.24m Stewart:    $5m      BUT…..    I also found this….   *** When Ballard signed Buckner to 4/84 his SB was 0. *** When Ballard signed Kelly to 4/50 his signing bonus was 0. *** When Ballard signed Moore to 4/33 his signing bonus was 0.  *** When Ballard signed MAC to 3/19 his SB was 0.    To be clear, no agent lets their client sign a deal like this out of the goodness of their heart to help the team.  I think it stands to reason they get something in return.  And I think it’s a higher amount of guaranteed money.  That’s money the player would get even if the team cut the player before the contract was done.   Guaranteeing a higher percentage of money doesn’t cost the Colts anything if the team is confident the player will be in the roster for the life of the contract.    I view this as a sign of a small market team.   The Colts wanted to do this.  It’s to their advantage.  I’m not blaming the Colts for doing this, I think it’s smart business.  But I think it’s a sign that from time to time, Irsay needs a little help so he doesn’t have to write a large check.     This is my view.   I welcome input from all.    @w87r   @Superman  @GoColts8818  
  • Members

• KB

KB 1,044

• GoColts8818

GoColts8818 16,846

• colts89

colts89 1,012

• NFLfan

NFLfan 16,966

Moderators
    • Powerslave

Powerslave 52