Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Xavier Rhodes wins AFC Defensive Player of the week!

I don't know if that INT in the endzone was a great play or him trying to recover from missing an assignment. 

If he handed off the receiver to the S (Willis, I think) and then realized that he wasn't covering him, it was a great play.  Has anyone confirmed that?

• Like 1
Just now, Smonroe said:

I don't know if that INT in the endzone was a great play or him trying to recover from missing an assignment. 

If he handed off the receiver to the S (Willis, I think) and then realized that he wasn't covering him, it was a great play.  Has anyone confirmed that?

My Aunt said the same thing when we were watching the game. I think that's 100% true tbh.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Doesn't it make it a great play either way?

Even more impressive if it was a missed assignment, imo.

15 minutes ago, w87r said:

Doesn't it make it a great play either way?

Even more impressive if it was a missed assignment, imo.

It's a great play either way, but you don't want your CB missing an assignment when the WR has a lot more room to go.

According to what @Dogg63 just posted, it was a great come back after a handoff.

• Like 1
Just now, Smonroe said:

It's a great play either way, but you don't want your CB missing an assignment when the WR has a lot more room to go.

According to what @Dogg63 just posted, it was a great come back after a handoff.

I agree you don't want your guy to be missing assignments, but if he does and still comes back and makes the interception in the end zone its a great play. Shortened field helped recovery, if that was the case, for sure.

Like you said, from dogg63 post seems to be just a great play anyway.

• Like 3

I sure hope it is a sign that he is dialed in for the season, confidence can go a long way with DB's psyche much more than mots positions. Carrie playing well, Moore steady when Rock comes back the corner issue many thought may kill us could turn into a strength. Tell may regret sitting out the season.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• The only comparison you got right there is the small school aspect. Totally different players. Love showed the touch and mechanics you drool over for a QB and lacked pretty much the rest, and i was a huge love advocate and that was because he was a moldable qb for the future. Lance on the other hand pretty well has it all, hes not just flashy the kid in 2019 threw for nearly 2800 yards, 28 TD's and ZERO interceptions, 67% completion rate rushed for 1100 yards and 14 touchdowns..... If he wasnt coming out in a absolutely loaded draft class i think we are looking at a #1 over all pick. I wouldnt be surprised to see him go ahead of Fields at this point. The guy is special.
    • For a team that blitzes so little (11.1%, last in the league), we have a respectable pressure rate (21.2%, 14th ranked, 4th among teams that blitz less than 20%). Also best in the league in adjusted net yards/attempt (4.3). We have the best pass DVOA in the league, and that's with giving up a few big plays here and there.    So we're pretty good for not having a consistent pass rush. Imagine how good we could be if we were able to get more consistent pressure...    Also, obligatory "we haven't played any good offenses yet" should be inserted here. I'm glad the defense is playing well now, but we have some good offenses after the bye. A nice five week stretch includes the Lions (not great, but Stafford is dangerous), the Titans twice, Ravens and Packers. We'll have a better idea what we look like after that. And we don't really get a break after that -- still have two against the Texans, the Steelers and the Raiders. I don't think we'll finish top five in total or passing defense this season. Maybe top ten if we stay healthy.     They were right down the middle.
    • No and some more No.   A reach would be if the Colts had a 4th round grade on Banogu but drafted him in the 2nd anyway.  Do you think they had a lower grade on the guy than where they took him?       Tell me what do you think they'd get for him right now?  
    • You are forgiven . BTW.. I also noticed Blankership was really drilling his kicks yesterday. Looked like more power and less finesse than previous games ?
    • Maybe Frank feels Rocks time on the field is more important? That is the only way he learns and gets better.  Regardless of the Bengals record Boyd and Green are all pro receivers. Plus Joe Burrow is the real deal.  The experience that Rock got yesterday only makes him better.  Head coaches don't bench players for making a mistake.  
  • Members

• Restored

Restored 1,469

• danlhart87

danlhart87 3,861

• jal8908

jal8908 0

Rookie
    • Nesjan3

Nesjan3 1,115

• IinD

IinD 3,071