Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All time colts team compared to nfl?

Trace Pyott

8 hours ago, Myles said:

I would rather do it for Indianapolis Colts.   While I enjoy the history of the Colts including in Baltimore, I prefer to separate the franchise.  

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am the same way, Johnny U wanted that way as well. He was about Baltimore. I would be ok if our history only consisted of everything since we moved to Indy (1984). Still a hell of a history with:

SB win = 2006 (1)

SB appearances = 2006, 2009 (2)

AFC Title Game appearances = 1995, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014 (5)

Division Titles = 1987, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014 (12)

Just in the Indianapolis era alone (1984-2020) we have had QB's - Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, and now Philip Rivers. RB's - Eric Dickerson, Marshall Faulk, Edge James. WR's - Bill Brooks, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, TY Hilton. Pretty great stuff!

I know we have several people in here that were fans when we were in Baltimore so not sure how they feel but I am guessing most of them had ties to Baltimore.

I will have to respectfully Disagree. 

It's the Colts colors,  uniform, and Horseshoe that makes our organization.  And we had 3 or 4 World Championships in Baltimore. And voted the Greatest QB of All Time in Unitas, and maybe one just as great in Bert Jones if his injuries didn't hamper and shorten his career. 

Both cities have had their stars, too numerous to mention.

The Football Gods  mercifully gave us Manning that rescued the horseshoe from mostly 2 decades of ineptness. Without Manning, in which we Dominated the Decade, we may be going on the better part of 4 decades without being consistently significant. 

Many of us were fans in Baltimore,  and remained fans during many lean years from Jones to Manning in indy.

Ofcourse,  its understandable for people in Indiana only started following them since the move in '84 not to have any allegiance to their prior history.

But to many of us we're loyal fans regardless of city we play in. Even if would have moved to LA. lol

10 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I will have to respectfully Disagree. 

It's the Colts colors,  uniform, and Horseshoe that makes our organization.  And we had 3 or 4 World Championships in Baltimore. And voted the Greatest QB of All Time in Unitas, and maybe one just as great in Bert Jones if his injuries didn't hamper and shorten his career. 

Both cities have had their stars, too numerous to mention.

The Football Gods  mercifully gave us Manning that rescued the horseshoe from mostly 2 decades of ineptness. Without Manning, in which we Dominated the Decade, we may be going on the better part of 4 decades without being consistently significant. 

Many of us were fans in Baltimore,  and remained fans during many lean years from Jones to Manning in indy.

Ofcourse,  its understandable for people in Indiana only started following them since the move in '84 not to have any allegiance to their prior history.

But to many of us we're loyal fans regardless of city we play in. Even if would have moved to LA. lol

That's fair because some feel like you do but I know there are many people in Baltimore that hated the move and they want that history. They also despise Bob Irsay and talk about about Jim to this day. Johnny U wanted the history to stay in Baltimore as well. I am honestly good either way, because I didn't become a fan of the team until 1984 is probably why. 

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That's fair because some feel like you do but I know there are many people in Baltimore that hated the move and they want that history. They also despise Bob Irsay and talk about about Jim to this day. Johnny U wanted the history to stay in Baltimore as well. I am honestly good either way, because I didn't become a fan of the team until 1984 is probably why. 

Well, I may have felt the same way Baltimorians felt too if Lived in Baltimore and my team left me and moved away. But I was born & raised in West Palm Beach and was a fan from afar. My mom was raised in Baltimore and my eldest brother was a huge Unitas fan so I guess that's why I became a colt fan. I never caught a colt game at memorial stadium but did watch numerous Oriole games in person. 

And seen my idol Bert Jones in person numerous times against dolphinin Miami :D. Caught a MNF game that was heading for over time until John Dutton blocked the extra point! We won 17-16. I never forget 80,000 fans so happy then so sad and quite in 1 second. I loved it. I loved beating Phinns & Shula in their own stadium. 

I watched with my brother, 2 cousins, uncle and Papa. 1cousin, uncle and Papa are gone now BUT the enjoyment and memories of that night with them will always be with me.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am the same way, Johnny U wanted that way as well. He was about Baltimore. I would be ok if our history only consisted of everything since we moved to Indy (1984). Still a hell of a history with:

SB win = 2006 (1)

SB appearances = 2006, 2009 (2)

AFC Title Game appearances = 1995, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014 (5)

Division Titles = 1987, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2014 (11)

Just in the Indianapolis era alone (1984-2020) we have had QB's - Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, and now Philip Rivers. RB's - Eric Dickerson, Marshall Faulk, Edge James. WR's - Bill Brooks, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, TY Hilton. Pretty great stuff!

I know we have several people in here that were fans when we were in Baltimore so not sure how they feel but I am guessing most of them had ties to Baltimore.

I wanted complete changes. Rename the team, leave the Colts Name for the History Books, and start over. Then there would be true All NFL teams from each, and plenty of unretired numbers to assign. But the Irsays own it, and saw differently.  At least they didn't become the Baltimore Browns- like the ex-Cleveland team did...

2 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

I wanted complete changes. Rename the team, leave the Colts Name for the History Books, and start over. Then there would be true All NFL teams from each, and plenty of unretired numbers to assign. But the Irsays own it, and saw differently.  At least they didn't become the Baltimore Browns- like the ex-Cleveland team did...

Yeah many feel like you do that is what I was explaining to @LJpalmbeacher2. So many people think differently on this subject. Because we kept the history I am happy to say we have won at least 2 SB's and Johnny U and Bert Jones are part of our history.

I really don't feel strongly either way.   It's just odd that the Browns team went to Baltimore but they do not have the Browns "history" even though it was the Brown entire front office and team that went.  Just because someone decided not to allow it.  

Archived