Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster Moves/Workouts

Shive

16 hours ago, zibby43 said:

Word around Dallas is that Carter is an absolute beast and they were very disappointed to see him go.

Had the highest guarantee of $145k.  I'm extremely excited about this acquisition. 

Still haven't researched, but on my list tonight. Might have already been answered, but wonder why he was un-protected, or if that beastly, not on the 53. 

I'm all for projects, but we've had our share of the lol. And I truly love some of them and cheer for them to emerge, but also know I need to temper some of that. He seems tweenerish as a 3T/DE. And honestly, even though Lewis's stock seemed to going up in camp, having him behind Buckner was a bit concerning to me. Not that the addition of Carter kills that concern or anything. I guess we'll see.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Still haven't researched, but on my list tonight. Might have already been answered, but wonder why he was un-protected, or if that beastly, not on the 53. 

They protected him first 3 weeks.

I think we snuck in and stole him in the short period where protection falls off.?

When we didnt fill our IR spots last week I had a feeling we might of been looking at a protected practice squad guy. 

Hope it works out 

11 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

He was protected all 3 weeks so far, Colts swooped in to collect him on Monday before Dallas could protect him again. Here's an article to get started on:

Article on Carter by IndyStar's Erickson

9 minutes ago, w87r said:

They protected him first 3 weeks.

I think we snuck in and stole him in the short period where protection falls off.?

When we didnt fill our IR spots last week I had a feeling we might of been looking at a protected practice squad guy. 

Hope it works out 

Thanks fellas. 

On 9/30/2020 at 4:18 AM, VaAllDay757 said:

HaHa is not all that great

I urge you to compare both their careers , Jefferson has been in this league 7 years to HaHa’s 6 and HaHa has more career tackles and interceptions than Jefferson. 4 interceptions for Tony 16 for HaHa. He is most definitely the better Safety. 

12 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

I urge you to compare both their careers , Jefferson has been in this league 7 years to HaHa’s 6 and HaHa has more career tackles and interceptions than Jefferson. 4 interceptions for Tony 16 for HaHa. He is most definitely the better Safety. 

Because HaHa was a starter in green bay while jefferson wasn't always a starter of course Haha will have better numbers but the last couple of years Haha has been trash

12 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

I really don't know who's the better safety right now, but you can't use career stats to tell you that.  No offense to you, but sometimes we get too wrapped up in numbers and ignore the eye test.

18 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I really don't know who's the better safety right now, but you can't use career stats to tell you that.  No offense to you, but sometimes we get too wrapped up in numbers and ignore the eye test.

Hey...I just gave you your 10,000 like. Your welcome!

21 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

If that was truly the way players were evaluated, all GMs would have an easy job.

But alas, ALOT more goes into evaluations than merely previous stats.

I think I’ll give Ballard the benefit of the doubt.

Rhodes is a pretty good example of this i think.

55 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

If that was truly the way players were evaluated, all GMs would have an easy job.

Not only that it is not uncommon for a player to play better with a change of scenery or a change in coaching styles. 

There are players all over he leagues history that tells us that. 

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Not only that it is not uncommon for a player to play better with a change of scenery or a change in coaching styles. 

There are players all over he leagues history that tells us that. 

Yes. Coaching, scheme, organizational structure and culture, and players around them play a major factor. Some players just take longer to develop and “get it”as well.

Previous stats are just one piece of the puzzle. Heck, even Blake Bortles looked good once upon a time.

On 10/2/2020 at 11:51 PM, WoolMagnet said:

Numbers do not lie. 

On 10/2/2020 at 2:46 PM, Smonroe said:

You can’t argue numbers he’s consistently put up sold numbers over a tenured career. Emphasis on Consistent!

On 10/2/2020 at 2:41 PM, VaAllDay757 said:

Because HaHa was a starter in green bay while jefferson wasn't always a starter of course Haha will have better numbers but the last couple of years Haha has been trash

He started in Arizona for a year and also started 2 out of the 3 years he was with Baltimore. So what’s the excuse now?

5 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

You can’t argue numbers he’s consistently put up sold numbers over a tenured career. Emphasis on Consistent!

I get what you’re saying, but in general a players stats decline at some point.  So their early stats aren’t applicable to their later years.  

For example, you wouldn’t take Adrian Peterson over say Zeke right now.  

6 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

He started in Arizona for a year and also started 2 out of the 3 years he was with Baltimore. So what’s the excuse now?

He started in 3 seasons really just 2 full seasons because once tyrann recovered from injury he went back as a backup so again not much starting experience like I said

Archived