Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster Moves/Workouts


Recommended Posts

  • Shive changed the title to Roster Moves/Workouts

All of this is pretty meh....

 

Jefferson doesn't make a lot of sense to me, neither does Carter. Wonder if there's an injury or covid thingy going on we don't know about.

 

On Carter, below from the Cowboy's site

 

COLLEGE:

Had 66 tackles with 27 for losses, 12.0 sacks - tied for third in JMU single-season history - one forced fumble, 13 hurries and a pass breakup while starting all 16 games as a consensus first-team All-American senior.

Named first-team All-CAA as a junior after starting all 13 games and posted 58 tackles, 13 tackles for loss, 7.5 sacks, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and a quarterback hurry.

Transferred to JMU as a sophomore and played in all 15 games to tally 28 tackles, eight for loss, 4.0 sacks, three pass breakups and four quarterback hurries.

Spent two seasons at Rutgers and appeared in five games in 2016, making two tackles, including a half tackle for loss and a half sack.

Redshirted as a true freshman in 2015.

 

PERSONAL:

Three-star recruit and top-30 player at Long Reach High School in Baltimore, Md., where he was a team captain who played defensive end and tight end.

First-team All-Howard County tight end as a senior and first-team defensive end as a junior.

Captain at the Maryland Crab Bowl, featuring most talented seniors from Maryland and was a member of the Baltimore Touchdown Club Super 22 Team as a junior.

Multi-sport athlete who also threw shot put for track & field and played basketball at Long Reach.

Majored in public policy and administration at James Madison.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

So he is more of a DT. That makes even less sense. 

He's a tweener. But DT would make more sense than DE to be honest. We're a bit thin at 3T with Autry now starting at DE. You only have Buckner and Lewis at 3T. I don't know if he's any better than Kline though to jump to straight to the active roster.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He's a tweener. But DT would make more sense than DE to be honest. We're a bit thin at 3T with Autry now starting at DE. You only have Buckner and Lewis at 3T. I don't know if he's any better than Kline though to jump to straight to the active roster.

We do have a DT that I bet gets cut. Can remember how to spell his name but he has been a healthy scratch.

5 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Just a thought but when we signed Ankou didnt he have to be on the roster through 3 games, maybe Carter is taking his spot on the D Line....shot in the dark. 

This is the guy I was thinking of. I bet he gets cut.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We do have a DT that I bet gets cut. Can remember how to spell his name but he has been a healthy scratch.

This is the guy I was thinking of. I bet he gets cut.

He's a NT, not 3T, so very unrelated. He was going to be gone as soon as Day came back anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

All of this is pretty meh....

 

Jefferson doesn't make a lot of sense to me, neither does Carter. Wonder if there's an injury or covid thingy going on we don't know about.

 

On Carter, below from the Cowboy's site

 

COLLEGE:

Had 66 tackles with 27 for losses, 12.0 sacks - tied for third in JMU single-season history - one forced fumble, 13 hurries and a pass breakup while starting all 16 games as a consensus first-team All-American senior.

Named first-team All-CAA as a junior after starting all 13 games and posted 58 tackles, 13 tackles for loss, 7.5 sacks, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and a quarterback hurry.

Transferred to JMU as a sophomore and played in all 15 games to tally 28 tackles, eight for loss, 4.0 sacks, three pass breakups and four quarterback hurries.

Spent two seasons at Rutgers and appeared in five games in 2016, making two tackles, including a half tackle for loss and a half sack.

Redshirted as a true freshman in 2015.

 

PERSONAL:

Three-star recruit and top-30 player at Long Reach High School in Baltimore, Md., where he was a team captain who played defensive end and tight end.

First-team All-Howard County tight end as a senior and first-team defensive end as a junior.

Captain at the Maryland Crab Bowl, featuring most talented seniors from Maryland and was a member of the Baltimore Touchdown Club Super 22 Team as a junior.

Multi-sport athlete who also threw shot put for track & field and played basketball at Long Reach.

Majored in public policy and administration at James Madison.

Jefferson is a decent safety he would be a good depth for the defense we need it anyway

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it. Never can have to much.

 

***1. We have 2-3 roster spots open. Im sure 1 of the 3(Burton,Ya-Sin, Day), wont be playing come Sunday either. Ya-Sin already holds a roster spot, so that leaves 2 guys for 3 spots open.

 

2. We grab him now keep him for 3 weeks then try and get him back to our practice squad. When Turay hopefully gets back.

 

***assuming we had 3 roster spots open, as I didnt recall filling our 2 IR hits last week. Then 1 more from Pittman. ****

 

When they didnt bring anyone in, I had a feeling they were going to try and snatch some practice squad guy, someone on the protected list.

 

Carter was protected all 3 weeks.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/updates-september-2020

 

The whole thing is a little weird though.. The verbiage in the tweet didnt make it sound like a tradition practice squad signing.(terminated)

 

Then the link above says he was released...?

 

"What is surprising is the way the practice squad opening came about. Rookie defensive end Ron'Dell Carter was released after being protected on the team's practice squad for the first three weeks of the season.

Carter was one of the biggest undrafted free agents in the Cowboys' 2020 draft class. They guaranteed him $145,000 to sign with them, topping offers from dozens of other teams. With the amount of veteran depth on the Cowboys' defensive line, reps were hard for him to come by during training camp. Carter is expected to sign with the Indianapolis Colts."

 

Maybe he doesn't even have to go to main 53? Pretty sure he is anyway.

 

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2020/09/29/cowboys-lose-coveted-dt-prospect-rondell-carter-to-colts/

 

That article speaks very highly of him.

 

I had saw his name as I was looking over protected practice squad players over first few weeks. So Im lookimg forward to seeing what hes got.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

@w87r

   Or if he shows something we keep him on the 53

Most definitely.

 

Have a good feeling about him. Dont even know why, but it's not my homerism... Lol

 

Going to check some things out on him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, w87r said:

Most definitely.

 

Have a good feeling about him. Dont even know why, but it's not my homerism... Lol

 

Going to check some things out on him.

I will need to check some things on him too but will probably wait until tomorrow after the big Aces win tonight

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ron'Dell Carter is a highly coveted rookie according to the Bring the Juice Podcast. So I think we got someone very impressive here. I'll let you guys know if there's a podcast about him later on.

I'd change that to highly coveted UDFA :-)

Total project, but yes, very interesting. 

I remember a bit about him now from the draft. I need to do some more digging. I know small school, etc., but that's all I can recall.

1 hour ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Well unfortunately he tore his acl last season he only played 5 games

Ah. Makes sense. Thank you my friend.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I'd change that to highly coveted UDFA :-)

Total project, but yes, very interesting. 

I remember a bit about him now from the draft. I need to do some more digging. I know small school, etc., but that's all I can recall.

Ah. Makes sense. Thank you my friend.

 

Word around Dallas is that Carter is an absolute beast and they were very disappointed to see him go.

 

Had the highest guarantee of $145k.  I'm extremely excited about this acquisition. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ron'Dell Carter is a highly coveted rookie according to the Bring the Juice Podcast. So I think we got someone very impressive here. I'll let you guys know if there's a podcast about him later on.

Just shows me that Ballard looks to increase talent where ever he can find it. 

IMO it's a smart move. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just shows me that Ballard looks to increase talent where ever he can find it. 

IMO it's a smart move. 

I love that 24 teams wanted him before he joined the Cowboys originally, that means he was in high demand and usually that many FO's won't all be wrong. Him joining us now just shows we are a quality organization. A majority of bottom-feeder teams don't have a chance at guys like this. Glad we have Ballard and Reich to attract guys like this here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Really happy about this signing. He didn't get national exposure due to the corona, and that probably kept him from being drafted since he was also from a small school. To get a guy like this for free that was in such high demand is a coup for Ballard right now, and although he went undrafted, there's a chance he could contribute this year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Id be blown away if theres any truth to this. Its the same with the Hurtz traded out of philly rumors. Since when has it been established that if your drafted in the NFL you have to start immediately. Love or Hurtz are on rookie contracts not going anywhere, they will sit behind the respective starters (Wentz, Rodgers) till its time. People forget Aaron sat behind Favre for 3 seasons
    • Nah, they chose to hedge their wagon to Jordan Love. We should not bail them out. There was a reason why we did not move up for Jordan Love, whether it was the interview process or whether it was because they felt he wasn't first round value. If they did not feel he was first round value then, they are not going to believe he is now.    
    • All I'm going to say is... Jordan Love has shown to Green Bay media about the same amount Jacob Eason has shown to Indy media. Have no idea whatsoever how any of them can have any sort of opinion on him by watching PRECISELY ZERO snaps of him in any sort of action this year. Now, the reports were not great coming out of camp, but again... the most they've seen in camp is a couple of practices where he's probably not thrown more than 10-15 balls.   It's not like people didn't expect Love to need some time to get ready. Now I too have about the same level of insight on Love and his progression so I can't say much, but if they are willing to trade him, IMO that doesn't bode well for his prospects. If you trade up in the 1st for a QB and a year later you've given up on him, then there must be something that's not inspiring confidence and thus... I'd be reluctant to trade for him unless it's as a reclaimation project(i.e. 3d round pick or lower) rather than as a presumtive QB of the future.    Also just for the record Rob Demovsky is a local Aaron Rodgers loyalist.     
    • He will have a defibrillator handy, don't worry!!! 
    • So many Jordan Love fans on here last year. I started to really dislike the guy, due in large part to them. I thought we dodged a bullet when we traded that pick and stayed away from him.
  • Members

    • GoColts8818

      GoColts8818 4,352

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • krunk

      krunk 4,035

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Jimdcoltsfan

      Jimdcoltsfan 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • teganslaw

      teganslaw 404

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • stitches

      stitches 7,564

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • PeterBowman

      PeterBowman 1,401

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ar7

      ar7 239

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • twfish

      twfish 1,071

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Moe

      Moe 27

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • dew5150

      dew5150 110

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...