Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The First Outbreak In Tennessee

32 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

I don't know. Tennessee has been improving every week. The Steelers seem to start slow every week. I would favor the Titans slightly but with this Covid delay who knows who it hurts more. I think both coaches will have their teams ready to go. The game is going to be televised nationally so that is a bonus. It is a great match up.

I think you can look at both of our games Vs the Vikings as the best way to compare the Colts and Vikings right now. The Colts completely shut Cousins down and allowed 11 points Vs the Vikings. The Titans won by a point 31-30, allowed 175 yds to a rookie WR in Jefferson, and 180 yds to Dalvin Cook. We are much better despite the record. The first game we were just off and hadn't made adjustments yet. Colts will win the division.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think some people in this thread should examine whether or not they have a normalcy bias   Normalcy bias - Wikipedia      

Actually,  the Vikings have been playing  like they haven't been allowed in their practice facility all season.

Found the NFL protocols. If a player(s) tests positive, then-   Following a positive test, if the player is asymptomatic, he can return once: 10 days have passed since the initial posit

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think you can look at both of our games Vs the Vikings as the best way to compare the Colts and Vikings right now. The Colts completely shut Cousins down and allowed 11 points Vs the Vikings. The Titans won by a point 31-30, allowed 175 yds to a rookie WR in Jefferson, and 180 yds to Dalvin Cook. We are much better despite the record. The first game we were just off and hadn't made adjustments yet. Colts will win the division.

I don't think you can look at just one game. Too many variables game to game. Every team is still feeling its way through. Their kicker has been unreal. I agree it should be a tight division race.

1 minute ago, FortheWin said:

I don't think you can look at just one game. Too many variables game to game. Every team is still feeling its way through. Their kicker has been unreal. I agree it should be a tight division race.

I'm looking at the Vikings game because that's the game we share an opponent in. When the Titans face the Jaguars, we can use that as an example and so on throughout the season. However, the Titans have been squeaking out victories, and the Vikings game, they did much worse than us. I believe they are a paper 3-0 team.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm looking at the Vikings game because that's the game we share an opponent in. When the Titans face the Jaguars, we can use that as an example and so on throughout the season. However, the Titans have been squeaking out victories, and the Vikings game, they did much worse than us. I believe they are a paper 3-0 team.

Even we started 5-2 last year. We ended up where I thought we would be, close to .500. 

If someone is 10-0, it is a whole lot different because teams do not snooze for 2 months after the season started and have lots of game tape and tendencies to study by then.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You can do that if you want but all that matter is W-Ls this part of the year when teams are still figuring everything out.  A good example is last year. The Titans looked mediocre for most of the season until the final 6 games they looked like a championship caliber making it to the AFCCG beating the Pats and Ravens.

Every team will have to be flexible this year. Games are going to be switched around ect. This might not be the first time this  happens. Hopefully the Steelers won’t get two bye weeks and they rearrange their schedule. 

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Every team will have to be flexible this year. Games are going to be switched around ect. This might not be the first time this  happens. Hopefully the Steelers won’t get two bye weeks and they rearrange their schedule. 

The Steelers are going to be playing 13 straight weeks. Their natural bye week will now have the Titans game.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

The Steelers are going to be playing 13 straight weeks. Their natural bye week will now have the Titans game.

This is why I felt they needed to have a week or two before the playoffs start built in for such situations. It might be like what they had in college but no one will complain about it. Heck, it is fine if you do not have SB festivities and skip the Pro Bowl week in the middle and squeeze a week between the regular season and the playoffs, IMO.

1 minute ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Hmm.  I was under the impression the league expanded rosters, etc. for just such a situation...and to avoid schedule disruptions.

True. Test the other guys via contact tracing and if they are fine, let them play.

1 minute ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Hmm.  I was under the impression the league expanded rosters, etc. for just such a situation...and to avoid schedule disruptions.

The problem is 2 more Titans players/staff tested positive today so they can't risk having them play the Steelers if more people continue to test positive and infect the Steelers. A real downer for both teams.

• Like 2
Just now, FortheWin said:

The problem is 2 more Titans players/staff tested positive today so they can't risk having them play the Steelers if more people continue to test positive and infect the Steelers. A real downer for both teams.

Do contact tracing and re-testing, and if the other guys who came in contact do not test positive, let them play.

Under normal circumstances, if Big Ben is injured or Ryan Tannehill has the flu, they miss the game and so be it.

Just now, chad72 said:

Do contact tracing and re-testing, and if the other guys who came in contact do not test positive, let them play.

Under normal circumstances, if Big Ben is injured or Ryan Tannehill has the flu, they miss the game and so be it.

They don’t have the players available or the time to sign replacements 

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

They don’t have the players available or the time to sign replacements 

16 roster practice squad, and they can't find a player there that knows their system? Isn't that the purpose, to plan for most position fill ins, including QB? I understand it won't be the same quality but why have the expansion there if you don't establish the precedent to fill the need that you originally designed it for.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The problem is, it can take 2 weeks for the virus to show up. This isn't the same as an injury. This is a virus that is not football related. It can be passed by people with no symptoms. It is just too big of a risk to have them pass it to the Steelers. Remember that is what happened in MLB with the Marlins. Football can't have that.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, chad72 said:

16 roster practice squad, and they can't find a player there that knows their system? Isn't that the purpose, to plan for most position fill ins, including QB? I understand it won't be the same quality but why have the expansion there if you don't establish the precedent to fill the need that you originally designed it for.

The problem is that one of the COVID positive players is their LS and they do not have one on their PS 

4 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

The problem is, it can take 2 weeks for the virus to show up. This isn't the same as an injury. This is a virus that is not football related. It can be passed by people with no symptoms. It is just too big of a risk to have them pass it to the Steelers. Remember that is what happened in MLB with the Marlins. Football can't have that.

Agreed

33 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

For an isolated case or two, maybe. But for nearly a dozen coaches and players?  And the potential for more?

29 minutes ago, chad72 said:

For those identified as close contact (contact tracing), but tested negative, the player must-

Receive a second negative test within 24 hours of the initial negative test

Increased symptom monitoring

Eight days of daily virus testing

For those that already tested positive-

If the player is (and remains) asymptomatic, he can return once:

10 days have passed since the initial positive test;  OR

Five days have passed since the initial positive test and the player receives two consecutive negative PCR virus tests at least 24 hours apart within that five-day period

Following a positive test, if the player develops or has symptoms, he can return when:

At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared; AND

At least 72 hours have passed since he last experienced symptoms

These are the official Policies agreed to by the NFLPA and the league.

While true, those type of maladies do not completely shut down the team facilities. Covid-19 does.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

@ColtsBlueFL

so true

This is a wake up call for other organizations, because it came out of the blue.  And every staff has stressed to their players to not "be 'that' guy", by participating in unsafe activities outside the building.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

This is a wake up call for other organizations, because it came out of the blue.  And every staff has stressed to their players to not "be 'that' guy", by participating in unsafe activities outside the building.

Agreed

2 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

This game has now been postponed until later this season.   Sad.

Unless teams get a clamp back on their player safety protocols (after having such good success until now), there may be a lot of scrambling and juggling of games down the road.

• Like 1
Just now, ColtsBlueFL said:

Unless teams get a clamp back on their player safety protocols (after having such good success until now), there may be a lot of scrambling and juggling of games down the road.

Agreed

56 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

I think because this is quite a few players and personnel they needed to delay it. If it had been just one player it probably would of been played. Vikings are still all negative. They have been taking rapid tests and can go back in their facility today.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think because this is quite a few players and personnel they needed to delay it. If it had been just one player it probably would of been played. Vikings are still all negative. They have been taking rapid tests and can go back in their facility today.

True (with enhanced testing protocols put in place though)

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It also comes down to their families being smart also. Wives and girlfriends ect. Anyone living in their household. 

Very true. Both.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Hoping all players infected will survive...

All players getting tested will receive top medical attention and a full cardiac screening (myocarditis/ cardiomyopathy)

Though there is still no 'cure' yet, there are effective treatments when necessary. Oxygen, remdesivir, high dose calcifediol, dexamethasone, etc. all used effectively to avoid ARDS and ventilators use.

Don't know how much longer i can take of all this....i gotta talk to my virtual therapist soon

Just limit putting yourself in public indoor situation with lots of others, keep a respectable distance, especially if others (and you!) aren't wearing a mask. Wash hands, especially when coming back from any out of the home activity. Try to participate in outdoor activities as much as possible (easier done here in FL than up north, I agree).

Are you willing to take an approved vaccine when released?

{I am}

14 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Hoping all players infected will survive...

Don't know how much longer i can take of all this....i gotta talk to my virtual therapist soon

I would be SHOCKED if anyone died that got it from the Titans. The only way that might even be a possibility is if one of them was an old coach or someone with a very compromised immune system. I believe they'll be fine. Agree with postponing the game until they get this figured out though. Hopefully it doesn't spread past Tennessee.

P.S. How have you been lately? Haven't heard from you in a while.

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would be SHOCKED if anyone died that got it from the Titans. The only way that might even be a possibility is if one of them was an old coach or someone with a very compromised immune system. I believe they'll be fine.

Most would believe that. However, even some players are at danger as well.  This article released just 3 weeks ago explains why the NFL players that test positive will undergo intense cardiac screening and monitoring as part of the recovery process.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamacardiology/fullarticle/2770645

Agree with postponing the game until they get this figured out though. Hopefully it doesn't spread past Tennessee.

This is truly one of those cliche' "better safe than sorry" situations.

P.S. How have you been lately? Haven't heard from you in a while.

:thmup:

• Like 1

For the Colts:

I hope they do get the games rescheduled between the Titans and the Steelers and they play it.   I'd hate to see a situation where the division is won/lost by percentage points of the win%.  This is a tough game for the Titans.  

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Titans beat the jags in week 2

• Thanks 2
3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

All the players and personnel were asytematic.

And that means what?

Asymptomatic infections can spread as easy as symptomatic. Easier, because nobody suspects and might let their guard down.  As far as the athletes go, from National Institutes of Health-

"Still, due to their, on average, young age and good general health, it can be assumed that the frequency of mild or asymptomatic persons will be significantly higher in this subgroup when compared with the general public. Nevertheless, a potential risk of a myocardial involvement cannot be excluded even in asymptomatic athletes."

Which has manifest as myocarditis in some athletes that have recovered from Covid-19.  From myocarditisfoundation-

"45 % of Heart Transplants in the U.S. are attributed to Myocarditis, and it is the 3rd leading cause of Sudden Cardiac Death in Children and Young Adults."

"The High-Risk Age Group for Contracting Myocarditis is from Puberty through ones early 30s, and it Affects Males Twice as Often as Females."

Not having symptoms is great, but by no means indicates there will be no more problems. For some, far from it. Besides, anyone that is initially asymptomatic can later develop one or more symptoms; IE: fever, cough, loss of smell and/or taste, etc.  Their status then changes from asymptomatic to presymptomatic.  Trust me, neither the NFL nor team will ever let the general public know their symptom status all during their treatment/recovery phases.

Any player that does get it (myocarditis) must be treated and rest. A cardiologist needs to conduct tests to ensure that the heart is adequately healed before a return to sports activity occurs. That might possibly take from 3-6 months to achieve.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

All the players and personnel were asytematic.

Stop with the downplaying of this, it’s just wrong on so many levels. 

The ability to spread to those who might not fortunate aside, early indications are of asymptomatic (non systemic!) cases developing other morbidities as a result. 

It is not normal for young healthy people to side you start developing heart conditions for example. Conditions that are for life. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Stop with the downplaying of this, it’s just wrong on so many levels. 

The ability to spread to those who might not fortunate aside, early indications are of asymptomatic (non systemic!) cases developing other morbidities as a result. 

It is not normal for young healthy people to side you start developing heart conditions for example. Conditions that are for life. 

Umm your repeating something that proved to be false about the heart conditions. Saying that none of them has symptoms should be celebrated since they aren’t sick.  My uncle is sick with it in the hospital on a ventilator so I know how bad it can be. But that doesn’t mean I am going to over react.