Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With PIttman out...

...and Trey Burton coming back possibly this week, would they potentially run HInes or maybe even Burton out of the slot at times, with TY and Pascal on the outside? Just trying to think of ways to get our best weapons on the field, and I would hate to MAC lose a ton of reps at TE since he has played so well and Rivers seems to have a nice connection with him.

Am I the only one that feels a little bummed that Burton is coming back?   I think mostly because he could take snaps away from Mo.  I was never very high on the signing to begin with.   

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Myles said:

Am I the only one that feels a little bummed that Burton is coming back?   I think mostly because he could take snaps away from Mo.  I was never very high on the signing to begin with.   

I'm not bummed out, but I definitely don't want to see Mo go back to the sideline after the way he has played. I hope they find other ways to get Burton on the field.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hark said:

I'm not bummed out, but I definitely don't want to see Mo go back to the sideline after the way he has played. I hope they find other ways to get Burton on the field.

I guess "bummed out" was the wrong term to use.   Not excited would be more what I meant.  

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I guess "bummed out" was the wrong term to use.   Not excited would be more what I meant.  

I get that for Mo's continued development.  But the better player plays, and the more weapons the better!

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I get that for Mo's continued development.  But the better player plays, and the more weapons the better!

with the way Mo has been playing, there is no way he gets bumped down for Burton.  My guess honestly is Doyle's role changes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

with the way Mo has been playing, there is no way he gets bumped down for Burton.  My guess honestly is Doyle's role changes

Burton is a completely different player than either Mo or Doyle.  He's not much of a blocker.  

Just now, Smonroe said:

Burton is a completely different player than either Mo or Doyle.  He's not much of a blocker.  

then maybe they kick him out to Pitman's spot at WR, i don't know but I do not think Mo's spot is gonna change

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

well as of this season so far Mo is the better player so if they do as they should Mo won't be affected 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, csmopar said:

then maybe they kick him out to Pitman's spot at WR, i don't know but I do not think Mo's spot is gonna change

I think that if Burton gets playing time, Mo will certainly be affected.  He is averaging 38 snaps a game after 3 games, I would guess that goes down at least a little.   I guess I could be wrong as Togiai had 26 snaps a game the past 2 games so maybe Burton takes his, but wasn't Togiai in for blocking most of the time and I hear Burton isn't good at blocking.  

Here's the Colts snaps.

https://subscribers.footballguys.com/teams/teampage-clt-6.php

• Like 1
1 hour ago, csmopar said:

I think Burton will play more of the bully slot instead of in-line like MAC, so I don't see them cutting into each other's snaps too much.

I can absolutely see him getting snaps out at Pittman's spot as well on some plays to add some size out there without losing too much athleticism.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Myles said:

I totally get what you meant. The dude has balled out when he got his shot.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Shive said:

I think Burton will play more of the bully slot instead of in-line like MAC, so I don't see them cutting into each other's snaps too much.

I can absolutely see him getting snaps out at Pittman's spot as well on some plays to add some size out there without losing too much athleticism.

This is the scenario I am hoping to see.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Myles said:

Yes, you may be the only one.   You haven’t noticed all the receiver injuries and your bigger worry is someone is back healthy?   Strange. 

We will play more two tight end sets.   Mo is not going to lose much if any snaps.   His hand is hot,  they’ll keep feeding him.   Burton still has to play his way into game shape.  

More healthy players is always a good thing.  It gives coaches more options. 

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Yes, you may be the only one.   You haven’t noticed all the receiver injuries and your bigger worry is someone is back healthy?   Strange. 

We will play more two tight end sets.   Mo is not going to lose much if any snaps.   His hand is hot,  they’ll keep feeding him.   Burton still has to play his way into game shape.  

More healthy players is always a good thing.  It gives coaches more options. 

Nm

• Like 1

This jack Doyal is made of glass.I would like to see them in double TE sets for a week or maybe two until Jack made of glass yawn ...taps out once again due to boo boos .Trade for a WR who can stretch the field who cares about Doyal ? Not I 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Riversrun said:

This jack Doyal is made of glass.I would like to see them in double TE sets for a week or maybe two until Jack made of glass yawn ...taps out once again due to boo boos .Trade for a WR who can stretch the field who cares about Doyal ? Not I 

At least if you are going to bag on the guy spell his name right. It is Mr. Doyle to you lmao 

• Like 1

These injuries are piling up and tough but it is giving us a chance to see what we have. A lot of young guys are getting ready to be given a great opportunity. Hope they capitalize.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't think I am.   My comment was more meant as not being excited that he will be joining the offense.  It's not like he was ever a top talent.  I think he is here mostly due to knowing Reich.  I think fans were 50/50 when he was signed.  I just hope Reich doesn't force him into plays.  I do hope he does well though.  

We'll see, of course. But with the way the coaches raved about Togai after the Jets game, that now gives them potentially 4 tight ends to do a wide variety of things with in this offense. I could easily see creative offensive minds (including Philip's) finding a number of ways to use those 4 guys to replace the losses at receiver. The only question is what they have in their playbook for multiple tight end sets, or even more of their single tight end sets with those 4 guys' different skills allowing more of the playbook to be available to use, and how much they can add to it in-season (which is nowhere near as easy to do as most fans seem to think it is).

It will be very interesting to see as the season goes along just how tight end heavy this passing game becomes. There aren't two "specimens" like Gronk and Hernandez were together years ago, but with 4 talented guys the coaches and their teammates trust, I can absolutely see the passing game evolving into a tight end heavy attack, like those Pats attacks were with those two guys.

Hey, you use the talent you have.

• Like 1