Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pittman has leg surgery (MERGE)

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Colts WR Michael Pittman (calf) underwent surgery to repair compartment leg syndrome in his calf.

Rapoport adds that Pittman will "likely" be back in time for Indy's Week 8 game against the Lions. Pittman had been soaking up mop-up catches in blowouts the past two weeks, which was expected to eventually become a larger role with Parris Campbell (knee, IR) sidelined for the foreseeable future. That opportunity will now fall to Zach Pascal, who ran 67% of his routes from the slot in Week 3 against the Jets. Pascal is a viable addition off waiver wires in deeper leagues.

Related:

Zach Pascal

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 28, 2020, 4:06 PM ET

• Sad 2
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We can rebuild him  We have the technology   

Patmon should get his chance

I'm not a doctor BUT I do work in healthcare and take care of patients like this.  It really depends on the severity of the injury, where it is located, what nerve(s) are affected, and how long it wen

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

i'm confused cause i saw him walk off the field just fine after the game

Things got worse last night. Every time he touched the ball he would be crashed by 2 guys. Yesterday they weren’t for his legs. 

• Shive changed the title to Pittman has leg surgery (MERGE)
1 minute ago, a06cc said:

He’ll be back Week 8 or 9. It takes 4 full months to recover from the injury. Thank God we’re deep at the position. 

I'm confused if it takes 4 months to recover how's he coming back that early?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As bad as we've been hit. I still like our depth at WR. It is getting much thinner,  but still some good options.

TY

Pascal

Dulin

Fountain

Patmon

Johnson

Getting ready to check out FA market for some options.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Does anybody know what this actually is?

https://www.uwhealth.org/sports-medicine/clinic/compartment-syndrome/11474#:~:text=Compartment syndrome can occur in,compartments of the lower leg.

Compartment syndrome can occur in many areas of the body, but the most common location is in the calf. The lower leg is divided into four compartments - anterior, lateral, posterior and deep posterior. Compartment syndrome is caused by increased pressure within one, two or all the compartments of the lower leg.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

As bad as we've been hit. I still like our depth at WR. It is getting much thinner,  but still some good options.

TY

Pascal

Fountain

Patmon

Johnson

Don't count out Dulin.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, w87r said:

TY

Pascal

Fountain

Patmon

Johnson

It hurts but we are in a much better position then we were last year having Rivers as our QB. Jacoby just isn’t good enough to overcome it. Burton might be back Sunday also so that adds another pass catcher.

• Like 2
Just now, JediXMan said:

To full comeback from the injury you have to regain activity in the leg. 

4 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

You have to be active for to regain what you’ve lost. He’ll be able to excuse if his body responses well after the small surgery he had. They open your leg to relieve the pressure on the nerve. They will ease him in and he should be fully back to his regular running speed by those 4 months. 

• Like 1

For those not familiar with compartment syndrome:

Compartment syndrome is a condition that occurs when injury causes generalized painful swelling and increased pressure within a compartment to the point that blood cannot supply the muscles and nerves with oxygen and nutrients. Muscles in the forearm, lower leg and other body areas are surrounded by fibrous bands of tissues. This creates distinct compartments. The fibrous tissue is very inflexible and cannot stretch to accommodate the generalized swelling. If left untreated, muscles and nerves fail and may eventually die.

The surgery is pretty much just cutting open the affected muscle to relieve the pressure and allow it to swell, then just letting it heal. I can see a pretty sizeable recovery time for this, considering you're essentially filleting the muscle. Hopefully there's no complications and he recovers well!

• Like 5
1 minute ago, w87r said:

I knew I was missing someone off the top of my head.

Thanks.

I was really liking starting to embrace the 

X - Pittman

Slot - Pascal

Z - TY

lineup.

The possibilities are assuming TY sticks at slot.

X - Pascal returns, Dulin, Patmon

Slot - Pascal stays, Dulin, Fountain, Johnson

Or they could..... 

X-Pascal/Patmon

Slot - TY/Dulin

Z - Fountain/Johnson

• Like 1

We had a very very deep WR group in preseason losing 2 hurts a bit but Patmon is almost a Pittman clone but faster without as much route awareness.  Fountain appears fully back and Dulin seeing some non s.t. action, Johnson likely get brought up though it could be Harris. I expect Chad Williams to fill the p.s. spot for whoever gets brought up thought Artavis Scott could also be brought back.

• Like 1
Just now, csmopar said:

If they’re saying 4 months, that’s 16 weeks. Which might put him back for the super bowl

4 months is for a fully recovery. He’ll be able to workout. They’ll ease him back 

We still have DeMicheal Harris on PS but suspect we will be adding someone somewhere.(the 53/or PS), possibly Artavis Scott like mentioned above.?

FA market is looking pretty bare.

Antonio Brown - just listing him because hes there(not to interested in him + suspended through Pittman early timeline)

Taylor Gabriel

D. Thomas - no thanks

Paul Richardson 

Quincy Enunwa 

Jarius Wright 

Justin Hardy 

Jordan Mathews

Ryan Grant

Chad Williams(maybe bring him to PS?)

PS options:(have to sign to 53 man roster)

Jauan Jennings

Stanley Morgan

Duke Williams

Jake Kumerow

Taywan Taylor

Jaron Brown

Deontay Burnett

Laquan Treadwell

Robert Foster

Deon Cain

Hakeem Butler

Keelan Doss

Some of those practice squad guys might not be available still, I know a few have been getting promoted to active roster for some game.

Im sure there is a few guys that could be had by trade as well.

Alshon Jeffrey

Keenan Allen(? Maybe we could talk SD into it with their 0-3 start? Probably not)

Who else do you guys think could be a potential trade target.

• Like 1
Just now, VaAllDay757 said:

Plus burton will be back

Is thay confirmed. I haven't heard anything.

Next week is the first week he is eligible to return, hopefully he is back though.

On the flip side;

Some of the other young upcoming players will get meaningful reps.

The next couple of opponents won't be totally sure about their defensive game plans.

The rookie wall is less likely to play into the end of season push for playoffs.

Lemonade from lemons!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ColtJax said:

Just look at the teams that are going to suck and ask yourself, could they use another 1st or 2nd round pick to try to get Trevor Lawrence? Allen from San Diego just makes too much sense  

Thats what I was thinking.