Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Am I imagining things or is Phillip ripping it?

Rally5

52 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

I'm not sure if you realize this, but NFL QBs as a whole have a win percentage of about 25% when throwing over 40 times in a game.  This is not exclusive to Rivers and is not a valid criticism.

Okay, since you loop QB’s in as a whole which clearly drives the percentage down, go look at elite QB’s and their record when throwing the ball over 40 times since 2019. Brady, who everyone on here has said is clearly diminished is 5-2, Rivers is 0-6, 0-8 if you adjust the numbers for 39 pass attempts. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CoachKjr said:

Exactly, 5 years younger than Brady, 4 years younger than Brees, only 1 year older than Rodgers yet Rivers is old and washed and Rodgers is MVP?!

Is this serious? Rodgers has 9 TD’s and 0 INT’s throwing to Allen Lazard and Rivers has 3 TD’s and 3 INT’s. You honestly think they’re playing on the same level??

12 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Is this serious? Rodgers has 9 TD’s and 0 INT’s throwing to Allen Lazard and Rivers has 3 TD’s and 3 INT’s. You honestly think they’re playing on the same level??

Where did he say they are playing on the same level?

Comparing ages is not making that comment. 

Both QBs are ask to do different things for their teams. 

You are so busy being negative and trying to pee in the Wheaties, you are a bore. 

2 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Okay, since you loop QB’s in as a whole which clearly drives the percentage down, go look at elite QB’s and their record when throwing the ball over 40 times since 2019. Brady, who everyone on here has said is clearly diminished is 5-2, Rivers is 0-6, 0-8 if you adjust the numbers for 39 pass attempts. 

Lacks context. Brady had one of the best Ds around him, and Belichick. The point about MOST QBs throwing over 40 times is very valid. If you're limiting to since 2019 and Brady, you're really trying hard to fit things to a specific narrative.

7 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Rodgers is playing at a high level right now no doubt. He looked very mediocre last year though. He was 20th last year in QBR, and 2nd so far this year. And Rodgers has been with the same team forever. Rivers is on a new team, with all new personnel. A little time to build chemistry is a fair ask.

Lazard, he was a guy I wanted to Colts to sign as a UDFA. Complete stud at ISU. 6-5 and low 4.5s. I'm not surprised at all he's doing well. He's not just some guy Rodgers is making look good. The kid was a monster in the Big 12. They also have Adams, who has averaged 1000/year for like the last 4 years.

8 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Lacks context. Brady had one of the best Ds around him, and Belichick. The point about MOST QBs throwing over 40 times is very valid. If you're limiting to since 2019 and Brady, you're really trying hard to fit things to a specific narrative.

Rodgers is playing at a high level right now no doubt. He looked very mediocre last year though. He was 20th last year in QBR, and 2nd so far this year. And Rodgers has been with the same team forever. Rivers is on a new team, with all new personnel. A little time to build chemistry is a fair ask.

Lazard, he was a guy I wanted to Colts to sign as a UDFA. Complete stud at ISU. 6-5 and low 4.5s. I'm not surprised at all he's doing well. He's not just some guy Rodgers is making look good. The kid was a monster in the Big 12. They also have Adams, who has averaged 1000/year for like the last 4 years.

I used Brady because he’s a player I’m told who is greatly diminished. Some have told me he’s worse than Philip Rivers. Mahomes (5-1), Rodgers (4-0), Brees (2-2) fit into the narrative as well. 0-8 is pretty telling though, no? Not to mention he led the league with INT’s in the last 2 minutes of halves last year. Advance Adams has played a portion of one game this year. While Lazard is serviceable, no ones making the argument that he’s a #1 WR. What Rodgers is doing in Green Bay right now isn’t in the same universe of Philip Rivers. No one thought Rodgers was diminished last year, he just didn’t have any weapons and the team around he wasn’t any good. Based on their point differential they should have been a 9-10 win team, instead he almost landed the #1 seed in the NFC. If Rodgers was on the Colts they would be bonafide Super Bowl contenders, instead they’re a borderline playoff team.

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Where did he say they are playing on the same level?

Comparing ages is not making that comment. 

Both QBs are ask to do different things for their teams. 

You are so busy being negative and trying to pee in the Wheaties, you are a bore. 

Rodgers could do the things Philip Rivers is asked to do, Philip Rivers COULDN’T do what Rodgers is asked to do. I made my points a few post back, if you find me boring then don’t respond?

For me Rivers is playing a lot better than I predicted I think because of the best OL in the NFL. Going in to last weeks game he was completing 77% of his passes. Now I think it is at 80%. Less holding penalties on the offensive lines this year also helps. 

Im not worried about our WRs or our QB this year. Do I think Rivers is still elite? No I don't. But I don't need him to be elite to help us win a SB. 

No doubt, having a QB who isnt elite isn't as fun to watch. I think a lot of people are disappointed from a lack of big time plays? 

Im just glad its football season. 

4 hours ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Rodgers could do the things Philip Rivers is asked to do, Philip Rivers COULDN’T do what Rodgers is asked to do. I made my points a few post back, if you find me boring then don’t respond?

Frankly you bring little to the room except negativity in an argumentative way. 

Good day  :hat:

6 hours ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

I used Brady because he’s a player I’m told who is greatly diminished. Some have told me he’s worse than Philip Rivers. Mahomes (5-1), Rodgers (4-0), Brees (2-2) fit into the narrative as well. 0-8 is pretty telling though, no? Not to mention he led the league with INT’s in the last 2 minutes of halves last year. Advance Adams has played a portion of one game this year. While Lazard is serviceable, no ones making the argument that he’s a #1 WR. What Rodgers is doing in Green Bay right now isn’t in the same universe of Philip Rivers. No one thought Rodgers was diminished last year, he just didn’t have any weapons and the team around he wasn’t any good. Based on their point differential they should have been a 9-10 win team, instead he almost landed the #1 seed in the NFC. If Rodgers was on the Colts they would be bonafide Super Bowl contenders, instead they’re a borderline playoff team.

Again, you're cherry picking an ignoring the preponderance of evidence. Using a Mahomes/Reid offense in this argument is kind of LOL. And using GB and NO, both who have had top 5ish OLs while LAC has been near the bottom, is also highly questionable.

Lazard, if he can stay healthy, will be a stud. All he's done is produce since he got inserted last year. His advanced stats this year are darn good, and even last year his advanced stats around quality were high. Not too many 6-5 guys can do what he does. I do agree Rodgers needs weapons now, but they've taken 8 WRs and 2 TEs in the draft since 2014. As far as Rodgers is concerned, he simply had a down year last year. His completion % dropped off, all while having a pass catching group that was #1 in separation. It's not like he had a bad OL (they were #6 last year) or had pass catchers that couldn't get open (they were #1).

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Again, you're cherry picking an ignoring the preponderance of evidence. Using a Mahomes/Reid offense in this argument is kind of LOL. And using GB and NO, both who have had top 5ish OLs while LAC has been near the bottom, is also highly questionable.

Lazard, if he can stay healthy, will be a stud. All he's done is produce since he got inserted last year. His advanced stats this year are darn good, and even last year his advanced stats around quality were high. Not too many 6-5 guys can do what he does. I do agree Rodgers needs weapons now, but they've taken 8 WRs and 2 TEs in the draft since 2014. As far as Rodgers is concerned, he simply had a down year last year. His completion % dropped off, all while having a pass catching group that was #1 in separation. It's not like he had a bad OL (they were #6 last year) or had pass catchers that couldn't get open (they were #1).

Don’t understand how I’m cherry picking stats when I compare him to good QB’s? Good QB’s win games. Bad QB’s lose games. Would you prefer if I compared him to the bottom tier of QB’s? Because at 0-8 there’s no way he’s worse in those situations.

31 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Don’t understand how I’m cherry picking stats when I compare him to good QB’s? Good QB’s win games. Bad QB’s lose games. Would you prefer if I compared him to the bottom tier of QB’s? Because at 0-8 there’s no way he’s worse in those situations.

It's pretty simple. If 25% of QBs win when throwing 40 times or more, one should equate it to a bad strategy, and can assume in most cases (except for Os that are simply pass driven), teams are playing from behind when throwing that much. Even Manning's record was abysmal when throwing a lot. IIRC, Big Ben's record stunk too. And all the QBs you listed have had top tier OLs while River's OL has been near the bottom for 5+ years. When you pick the new GOAT (Mahomes) with an Andy Reid offense, or Brady (the old GOAT) with a great OL top D, and GOAT coach, or others, without context, that's cherry picking.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 9:00 PM, PrNum1 said:

My fellow Colts fans, if the Oline can keep Rivers upright and keep his jersey clean I promise you he will lead us to the AFC Championship game.

Always remember, sometimes you have to believe in a dream first before it can come true.

Now who's with me ???

I wrote this post at the end of Sept and it is coming true before our eyes.

I say again if you keep Rivers upright and keep his jersey clean we are heading to the AFC championship game.

Once again sometimes you have to believe in a dream first before it can come true.

My fellow Colts fans, we are a team of destiny.

So I ask again Who's with me ????

1 hour ago, PrNum1 said:

I wrote this post at the end of Sept and it is coming true before our eyes.

I say again if you keep Rivers upright and keep his jersey clean we are heading to the AFC championship game.

Once again sometimes you have to believe in a dream first before it can come true.

My fellow Colts fans, we are a team of destiny.

So I ask again Who's with me ????

I’ve been here this whole time.  Even after Browns game.  

If Oline plays well, Rivers can shred most defenses. 

6 TD 1 INT in last 2 games.  And really could be 8 TD if not for the tackle at 1 yard line last week and the PI in the end zone today. 

Archived