Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nick Foles will start vs Colts


Recommended Posts

Based off of their career stats, it's hard to choose who I'd rather the Colts face.

 

Pass completions

Foles - 61.8%

Trubs - 63.1%

 

TD's/INT's

Foles - 74/36

Trubs - 54/32

 

Rating

Foles - 88.3

Trubs - 85.9

 

Win/loss

Foles - 26/22

Trubs - 26-18

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Myles said:

Based off of their career stats, it's hard to choose who I'd rather the Colts face.

 

Pass completions

Foles - 61.8%

Trubs - 63.1%

 

TD's/INT's

Foles - 74/36

Trubs - 54/32

 

Rating

Foles - 88.3

Trubs - 85.9

 

Win/loss

Foles - 226/22

Trubs - 26-18

 

 

 

I think Trubisky can move around much better in the pocket and having him out against Foles favors Indy

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Myles said:

Based off of their career stats, it's hard to choose who I'd rather the Colts face.

 

Pass completions

Foles - 61.8%

Trubs - 63.1%

 

TD's/INT's

Foles - 74/36

Trubs - 54/32

 

Rating

Foles - 88.3

Trubs - 85.9

 

Win/loss

Foles - 226/22

Trubs - 26-18

 

 

Damn... Foles is a freakin winner.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Myles said:

Based off of their career stats, it's hard to choose who I'd rather the Colts face.

 

Pass completions

Foles - 61.8%

Trubs - 63.1%

 

TD's/INT's

Foles - 74/36

Trubs - 54/32

 

Rating

Foles - 88.3

Trubs - 85.9

 

Win/loss

Foles - 226/22

Trubs - 26-18

 

 

The Win/Loss stat I see for Foles is 30/24 as a starter...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Myles said:

Based off of their career stats, it's hard to choose who I'd rather the Colts face.

 

Pass completions

Foles - 61.8%

Trubs - 63.1%

 

TD's/INT's

Foles - 74/36

Trubs - 54/32

 

Rating

Foles - 88.3

Trubs - 85.9

 

Win/loss

Foles - 226/22

Trubs - 26-18

 

 

I bet 150-180 of those wins are with him riding the pine 

Did Trubs get hurt or is this a performance type switch up?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I bet 150-180 of those wins are with him riding the pine 

Did Trubs get hurt or is this a performance type switch up?

It was to spark the team yesterday, but since it worked they are sticking with Foles for at least this week.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

 

I think Trubisky can move around much better in the pocket and having him out against Foles favors Indy

I found their sack % opposite of what I thought I would see:

Foles - 5.3%

Trubs - 6.8%

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lancer1 said:

Let's see if the defense can record a safety in the 3rd straight game!

 

 

 Could happen, but teams don't just score safeties 3 weeks straight. It was extremely exciting to see number one versus the Vikings. It was just flat out crazy to see it happen again this week.

 

I'll bet your bank account versus mine it doesn't happen again :goodluck:

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

Seeing a team get a safety 3 weeks consecutively is about as likely as a an NFL one point play (yes it's possible but has never happened) 

A little-noticed aspect of the NFL’s new extra point rule is that we could see, for the first time in league history, a one-point safety.

If the defense gets the ball in the field of play on a conversion attemp, and then a defensive player takes the ball into his own end zone and is tackled, the result will be a one-point safety: The offensive team will get one point. That has never happened before in NFL history.

It had never happened before because it was virtually impossible: In the past, any time the defense took possession of the ball on a point-after attempt (either a one-point kick or a two-point conversion), the play was blown dead. A one-point safety was theoretically possible before, but it would have happened only if the defensive team had illegally batted a fumbled ball in the end zone.

One-point safeties have happened in college football, most notably in the 2013 Fiesta Bowl, when Kansas State blocked an Oregon extra point and a Kansas State player picked up the ball and ran it into his own end zone. The college rule that gives the defense the opportunity to score two points by returning an interception, fumble or blocked kick to the opposite end zone means that defensive teams that take possession of the ball will try to run it back for a score, and sometimes those players end up getting tackled after backtracking into their own end zones.

With that rule now in place in the NFL, it will happen in the NFL eventually as well: Some defensive player is going to reverse field, get caught in his own end zone, and give up the first one-point safety in NFL history.

 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/22/nfl-may-see-its-first-one-point-safety/#:~:text=If the defense gets the,happened before in NFL history.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Myles said:

A little-noticed aspect of the NFL’s new extra point rule is that we could see, for the first time in league history, a one-point safety.

If the defense gets the ball in the field of play on a conversion attemp, and then a defensive player takes the ball into his own end zone and is tackled, the result will be a one-point safety: The offensive team will get one point. That has never happened before in NFL history.

It had never happened before because it was virtually impossible: In the past, any time the defense took possession of the ball on a point-after attempt (either a one-point kick or a two-point conversion), the play was blown dead. A one-point safety was theoretically possible before, but it would have happened only if the defensive team had illegally batted a fumbled ball in the end zone.

One-point safeties have happened in college football, most notably in the 2013 Fiesta Bowl, when Kansas State blocked an Oregon extra point and a Kansas State player picked up the ball and ran it into his own end zone. The college rule that gives the defense the opportunity to score two points by returning an interception, fumble or blocked kick to the opposite end zone means that defensive teams that take possession of the ball will try to run it back for a score, and sometimes those players end up getting tackled after backtracking into their own end zones.

With that rule now in place in the NFL, it will happen in the NFL eventually as well: Some defensive player is going to reverse field, get caught in his own end zone, and give up the first one-point safety in NFL history.

 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/22/nfl-may-see-its-first-one-point-safety/#:~:text=If the defense gets the,happened before in NFL history.

I'm still a bit confused by this.  It sounds like if there is a fumble on a 2 point conversion and the defense grabs it in the endzone and doesn't get out of the endzone it would be a 1 point safety.  Wouldn't it be a touchback?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm still a bit confused by this.  It sounds like if there is a fumble on a 2 point conversion and the defense grabs it in the endzone and doesn't get out of the endzone it would be a 1 point safety.  Wouldn't it be a touchback?

 

Yes but in that scenario it's only a one point play

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm still a bit confused by this.  It sounds like if there is a fumble on a 2 point conversion and the defense grabs it in the endzone and doesn't get out of the endzone it would be a 1 point safety.  Wouldn't it be a touchback?

Yes, that would be a touchback. What the article is stating is that if the defensive player picks up the ball in the Endzone goes into the field of play, then retreats back into the end zone and his tackled, that is considered a safety.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Yes, that would be a touchback. What the article is stating is that if the defensive player picks up the ball in the Endzone goes into the field of play, then retreats back into the end zone and his tackled, that is considered a safety.

That makes sense.  I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

From what I read Foles would of been in competition with Brissett. He wouldn’t of been handed the job like Rivers.

That would have stunk.  Rivers is who I wanted and am glad we went that direction.   Good bridge.   I don't really think he makes the team a Superbowl threat, but if we can get to the playoffs, anything can happen.  Best case is that he stays next season as well and we make sure the QB of the future is on the roster.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Myles said:

That would have stunk.  Rivers is who I wanted and am glad we went that direction.   Good bridge.   I don't really think he makes the team a Superbowl threat, but if we can get to the playoffs, anything can happen.  Best case is that he stays next season as well and we make sure the QB of the future is on the roster.  

**** that. Colts win the SB this season

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

 

 

 Could happen, but teams don't just score safeties 3 weeks straight. It was extremely exciting to see number one versus the Vikings. It was just flat out crazy to see it happen again this week.

 

I'll bet your bank account versus mine it doesn't happen again :goodluck:

There is that small chance, mostly cuz of Rigo punting and the guys who get downfield to down it. It does make it more possible

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Prediction.  This trade will be in place by the Friday before the SB.   So did I.
    • It is but we really don't know where we will drafting after the trade.   Just because we draft one doesn't mean he will be good enough to start.  Look at Clark.  I think he was a 3rd rounder.  Protecting Stafford's blind side is going to be really important.  
    • I have the Colts being active and making bigger moves than normal this offseason. We haven't really had a quiet offseason in around a decade so that trend is gonna continue here.      Colts needs: QB, LT, DE, WR, CB, LB, DT   In-house: $68.6 million Restructure Ryan Kelly $6.75m in savings   Colts Free Agents: $75.3 million   Re-Sign: TY Hilton $8 million/1 year Hilton has expressed a desire to stay and based off of Irsay's tweets I think he's coming back. A one to two year deal around $8m makes sense to me, as Pittman is emerging and I have them selecting a WR in Round 1   Xavier Rhodes $16 million/2 years Rhodes played like a top CB for us during his prove it deal and bringing him back would bolster a weak CB group. His market is hard to gauge but something around 8-10m seems likely.   Depth Signings:  Al-Quadin Muhammad $1.5 million/1 year TJ Carrie $1 million/1 year     RFAs: $56.3 million Zach Pascal $2.2m Ashton Dulin $850k George Odum $2.2m Mo Alie-Cox $2.2m     Trades: $49.4 million QB Matthew Stafford $43m/2 years In all likelihood Detroit gets a first rounder in return here but I have the Colts sending their '21 and '22 second rounders in return for him. He's still a elite talent and trading for him opens up the playbook anymore and can have us as serious contenders for the Super Bowl in years to come.     Let Walk:  Jacoby Brissett - No point in him returning as Eason takes the backup job. Justin Houston - He was better in 2020 than most people think, but I have us going a different direction at DE when Free Agency opens. Denico Autry - I also have us going a different direction here in Free Agency, he's been great but I think we can get better value. Malik Hooker - He doesn't fit the scheme, doesn't want to be here, and deserves a team that shows off his abilities. Tavon Wilson - We can find better depth at S. Trey Burton - His replacement comes in FA. Marlon Mack - CB made it pretty clear that we wouldn't be paying him this offseason. Anthony Walker - He's expressed a desire to start and Ballard acknowledged that he'd be gone.     NFL Free Agency: $29.4 million DE JJ Watt $24 million/2 years, $11m in 2021, $13m in 2022 This all depends on if Houston cuts him. We have a need at DE and Watt still plays at an elite level. Pairing him with Buckner on one side would be a fantastic 1-2 combo.   DE/DT Solomon Thomas $6 million/1 year He tore his ACL and missed the entire season on top of being a disappointing 3rd overall pick. I think he still has a lot of talent and could benefit by taking a prove it deal in Indianapolis. Watt/Buckner/Stewart/Thomas sounds incredible to me.    TE Zach Ertz $7.5 million/1 year  It sounds like Ertz is on the way out and if he gets cut, Indianapolis makes a lot of sense. With Burton on the way out, Ertz gets to reunite with Frank Reich and join a very talented TE group.     NFL Draft: Trade 21 to New Orleans for 28 and 60 Trade 60 and 148 to Washington for 51   R1P28 - Rashod Bateman WR Minnesota I'm not sure if Bateman falls here but he has All-Pro potential. He can play both the outside and in the slot at an effective level, is a great route runner, and is strong at the point of the catch. Bateman joining an offense with Hilton, Pittman, Campbell, JT, Hines, Ertz, MAC, and Doyle would certainly give us an explosive boost.   R2P51 - Liam Eichenberg OT Notre Dame Eichenberg could very well go in the first round but with the amount of picks in the first round that will be WR/OT, I can see him falling down into the second. Notre Dame's track record of elite OL talent continues every year, and he's an instant plug at LT. Liam's a better at run blocker than pass blocker, and it's an area he'll have to improve in.   R3P84 - Paulson Adebo CB Stanford Adebo burnt his draft stock by returning to Stanford and sitting out of the season. He was a projected late first rounder last year, and could go anywhere from the 2nd to the 4th. He's an outside corner and he's much better than Rock Ya-Sin. He's a physical guy and he's got great ball skills and can play both man/zone. He needs to improve as a run defender and can have trouble with the quicker WRs in the NFL.   R4P117 - Pete Werner LB Ohio State Werner fits in our 4-3 and would take over Walker's role. He's a big hitter and an above average run defender. He can play zone at a comfortable level but gets stiff if he ever gets called to play man. It'd give us a great LB room, and make sure Okereke knows he's got competition for his job.   R6P180 - Shaka Toney DE Penn State Toney is a pass rush designate, with a lean frame and a quick step. He's not ever gonna be a starter but can provide speed off the edge in a limited role.   R7P211 - Ryan Van Demark OT Connecticut I'm not going to act like I know much about the late round offensive lineman, but I can't see Ballard taking a depth guy in the later rounds.
    • Has to be done by March 22nd or Detroit owes Stafford $10m more dollars. Cant officially happen until March 17th.   Can be agreed on unofficially at anytime prior though.
  • Members

    • Hoose

      Hoose 1,032

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Lancer1

      Lancer1 759

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • richard pallo

      richard pallo 2,364

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • danlhart87

      danlhart87 6,262

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • cdgacoltsfan

      cdgacoltsfan 455

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • tvturner

      tvturner 213

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ThePowerslave

      ThePowerslave 36

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • w87r

      w87r 4,108

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Caleb3502

      Caleb3502 287

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Tsarquise

      Tsarquise 392

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...