Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• You guys think you’ll be back in the playoffs next year?
    • "Sure thing" and "generational QB prospects" don't get traded. They are extremely rare and the teams that draft no. 1 in that draft let legends like Peyton Manning go so they can give the mantle to the new generational superstar. So if you want a surefire thing... you have to both be really bad and be lucky to be really bad in a once a decade draft. Both Wilson and Fields would be no.1 type of picks almost any other year in which there isn't a Luck or a Lawrence type of talent at the top of the board. Most no. 1 type of QBs are not surefire things, most have their questions and uncertainties. That doesn't mean they are not worth the pick and the trade up if that's what a team decides to do.    Colts fans have been having extremely hard time with uncertainty because they've not been in that position recently... We've had certainty at the QB position for the last 20 years. Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning are not walking through that door and we should get comfortable with that position we are in. Most other teams are in that position most of the time.      I agree. I think trading up to no. 2-3 will probably cost a lot more than this whole Colts draft(purely value-wise). And most probably it will have to involve multiple trades. Something like what Philly did to get Wentz or what Buffalo did to get Allen - trade up to the 10-12 range and then try to make the final jump to no. 2 or 3 or.. 8 or wherever you think you can get your guy.    Also agree on your assessment that this is too much of a assumption about those specific trades, but I still think you can get tons of trades if you clearly signal to other teams that this is what you are looking to do. Check Seattle's draft from a several years ago when they didn't have many picks besides their 1st and they turned it into tons and tons of mid round picks. They traded 26 to 31, then 31 to 34, then 34 to 35 and accumulated multiple picks in later rounds in the process. Of course I doubt it would be as clean as I did it here, but something like this is very possible if Ballard decides to work the phones and other teams know we are looking for picks and willing to trade down.    Love was not the only option. There were clear avenues to trade up from 13 to 4-5-6 for Herbert or Tua. But again ... I'm not saying that based on 1 draft. I'm talking about a hypothetical where we don't draft a franchise QB this year too... and push it back one more year... then it will be the 3d year after Luck's retirement when we will have the chance to address it. This is not a short period of time. Q and Leonard and Braden's cheap rookie contracts will be over by then... 
    • I honk he needs out of there. Having hurts breathing down your back and a statue of Foles can’t do much for your confidence. Then every time he makes a bad play fans are going to be calling for Hurts to play. I do think they will keep him for one more year though.
    • I have heard reports for a few weeks now that the cap will be flat and be at $195 for the reasons you stated. I think with the vaccine now here, the owners see the light at the end of the tunnel in terms of getting the fans back next season.
    • It's worth noting that Quenton's older brother, Connor, put this video together, just as he has each year since Big Q was a freshman at ND.
  • Members

• The Fish

The Fish 908

• IinD

IinD 2,099

• Chloe6124

Chloe6124 9,013

• dew5150

dew5150 106

• MFT5

MFT5 209

• RollerColt