Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Inconsistent Eleven? Blue Charmin? Everyone's already forgetting we made Minshew look like a surgeon. We've played 3 bottom ten OLs, and today one without two starting tackles, and

How about the "It's to early to name our defense" defense?  Just a suggestion.  We played the Jags, the Vikings, and the Jets.  Hardly the top of the heap when it comes to offensive powerhouses.  I lo

I asked the Washington Football Team and they suggested "Indianapolis Defensive Unit".

Posted Images

12 hours ago, luv_pony_express said:

It's all relative.  A defense doesn't have to shut down a really good offense in order to positively affect the outcome of the game.  Merely slowing them down is often enough to do the trick.

But that's why the offense is going to have to do its part in putting points on the board.  We're going to need more Red Zone TD conversions than we got against the Bears if we're going to win -- 19 pts. probably wouldn't get it done against a Top 5 offense.

Like I said, doubt we do it. I'll be happy with a win. I do want to see the O be given a chance to be more creative. I think they will have to be.

On 9/27/2020 at 10:17 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

That's just it. We know its early, and we know our rankings will change sooner than later. Which is why we need a name before we're exploited by the better offenses.  haha :cheer: :headspin:

Btw, I'm liking Blue Steel, Blue Wave so far. Lol

It’s way too early but I’ll play along.  How about the Cover Blue?   Mike drop. Lol 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, needanoline63 said:

So what’s yalls nickname for this great defense?

You mean the one that only gave up 23 points to a team that had been averaging 40pts/game? While not having their best player.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Quoting myself.  But not waaay overrated.  

Let’s admit it, Baker is good. 

I mean, I guess any sub par QB would look like a superstar when you have 4 seconds to throw to Austin Hooper OBJ Jarivs Landry and David Njoku and still throw two picks. 

Let me axe you folks sumthin.  Had I told you this team would have a top 10 defense before the start of the season, would you have been happy with that?  Cause they do.  So I'm starting to think of nicknames for the offense.  The defense is fine.  And the ST might be the best unit of the three.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CaptainColt12 said:

I mean, I guess any sub par QB would look like a superstar when you have 4 seconds to throw to Austin Hooper OBJ Jarivs Landry and David Njoku and still throw two picks. 

Mayfield had a 72.7qb rating in the game.

Hardly looking like a superstar.

We lost by 9. Safety(2) and pick 6(7).

Its a tie game.

One 3rd and 9 stop away from getting ball down 6 and having a chance to drive and win the game.

With most important defensive player out and probably 3rd or 4th most important offensive player out.

• Like 1

Still, nobody has reached the 400 yard mark on this defense.  And they just played arguably a top 5 offense.  And gave up 23 points.  The most they've given up since week 1.

How about (in a New York cab driver accent) "Hey, how 'bout a lil' help from the offense" Defense?

4 hours ago, w87r said:

Its a tie game.

One 3rd and 9 stop away from getting ball down 6 and having a chance to drive and win the game.

With most important defensive player out and probably 3rd or 4th most important offensive player out.

I mean I was kind of being sarcastic, but it was very subtle sarcasm. 

21 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

Still, nobody has reached the 400 yard mark on this defense.  And they just played arguably a top 5 offense.  And gave up 23 points.  The most they've given up since week 1.

How about (in a New York cab driver accent) "Hey, how 'bout a lil' help from the offense" Defense?

If thats how u want to look at it.  I see it a different way. They played like trash in the 1st half. It forced Reich to get away from their game plan and lean of Rivers more. Stats dont always tell the story. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
23 hours ago, w87r said:

Its a tie game.

Same math we used with vinny last year lol.  You're right tho, aside from rivers it wasn't as bad as it looks.  I'm still optimistic but rivers has to be better.

13 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If thats how u want to look at it.  I see it a different way. They played like trash in the 1st half. It forced Reich to get away from their game plan and lean of Rivers more. Stats dont always tell the story. 

Fair enough.  We see it different ways.  It's a discussion board.  What's new?  LOL