Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No Love for Xavier Rhodes?

krunk

10 minutes ago, Coltscrazy said:

I was worried about a scheme change making all the difference, but he is thriving, and that is huge.  TJ Carrie looked great as well.  I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief and looking for many wins.

Yeah he struggled a bit against the Jags but has played better each week since, granted it’s only been 2 games but still I like the improvement.

12 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Totally agree.  Can you find anyone that didn't say, "Bjorn Werner?  When Xavier Rhodes is on the....?  Oh, and there, the Vikings take him with the next pick."

To be fair, there were many, many draft boards/mocks that had Werner in top 10. Also, as someone who followed FSU, I loved Werner (and Rhodes) in college.

In hindsight, Rhodes would have been the better pick haha

22 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

To be fair, there were many, many draft boards/mocks that had Werner in top 10. Also, as someone who followed FSU, I loved Werner (and Rhodes) in college.

Also to be fair, that whole draft class, save for a select few sucked 

47 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Totally agree.  Can you find anyone that didn't say, "Bjorn Werner?  When Xavier Rhodes is on the....?  Oh, and there, the Vikings take him with the next pick."

I'm so glad Rhodes had a great game and I was able to watch it, as I get all Jets games. He was among my favorite players on the Vikings but the last two years saw him regress a bit. I never wanted the Vikes to let him go. They could sure use him now. Lol. 

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

Eh, that's a bit much.... Warner was well regarded coming out... He was not a scheme fit, but he wasn't a reach where drafted.

2 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Yeah I agree. 

I really don't think about what ifs and stay away from hind sights though. 

The Colts Defense Will Be Worse In 2020

Rackeen305 replied to AZColt11's topic in Colts Football

This fan base doesn't want talented players. It was a stretch and an act of God that Colts landed Rhodes

And I dont know what I be talking about. (But let me stay with the popular narrative so I don't ruffle any feathers)

cough cough. Yep LOL. :popcorn: 

Colts sign CB X. Rhodes

Rackeen305 replied to MPStack's topic in Colts Football

Hi there, I have a question for you as obviously an unbiased Colts fan. What are your opinions on Rhodes joining the Colts. And lastly just to make it clear, what are your opinions on Rivers and Cousins? I want to see something...

3 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Eh, that's a bit much.... Warner was well regarded coming out... He was not a scheme fit, but he wasn't a reach where drafted.

I remember wanting Rhodes that night.  Still I don’t think people were calling Warner a reach but he was a bust and like you said not a scheme fit.  It was the first of several blown first round picks by Grigson.  

4 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

This is a confidence builder for Rhodes and the rest of the team.  Even TJ contributed for a pick 6.....Hope they continue as the games go along, and the team will improve along the way....Note:  #1 defense thru week 3 and counting...Go Colts!!!

Not going to argue with that but the schedule makers did the Colts a real favor with no pre-season by letting them open with the teams they are opening against.  Look at the Texans, they have had the Chiefs, Ravens, and Steelers out of the gate and might be out of it before they had a real chance to start their season.  

1 hour ago, Rackeen305 said:

This fan base doesn't want talented players. It was a stretch and an act of God that Colts landed Rhodes

And I dont know what I be talking about. (But let me stay with the popular narrative so I don't ruffle any feathers)

Colts sign CB X. Rhodes

Hi there, I have a question for you as obviously an unbiased Colts fan. What are your opinions on Rhodes joining the Colts. And lastly just to make it clear, what are your opinions on Rivers and Cousins? I want to see something...

image.png.b3fd101bb14f2a8ee8e68b881afa5e4a.png

5 hours ago, waka waka said:

in his post-game interview he said he was watching the qb's eye and saw the 7route developing and came back made a play on the ball.

Yeah Sam did not play well today minus avoiding sacks.  It’s not all his fault because all his weapons are hurt and so are the guys in front of him but I have a feeling Trevor Lawerence is going to take his job.  

6 hours ago, waka waka said:

in his post-game interview he said he was watching the qb's eye and saw the 7route developing and came back made a play on the ball.

I mean he would say that.... He did definitely blow his coverage though. If he was just reading the QB's eyes.... in worked in this one instance, but if he just goes rogue on plays and decides not to take his man as intended, more often than not it will bite you. Very glad in this case that it went his / our way and it was a great INT, but hopefully it was 100% him making a huge vet play and not him deciding to go rogue and getting lucky.

11 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I'm so glad Rhodes had a great game and I was able to watch it, as I get all Jets games. He was among my favorite players on the Vikings but the last two years saw him regress a bit. I never wanted the Vikes to let him go. They could sure use him now. Lol. 

Hey my friend, how do you like Jefferson now?

I'm mad at your team for choking that lead away. Could have really helped us! How dare you!! lol.

27 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Hey my friend, how do you like Jefferson now?

I'm mad at your team for choking that lead away. Could have really helped us! How dare you!! lol.

Hey, with 1:44 left in the game and down by 1, we had ample time to get to field goal range and win the game. We were even aided by a roughing the passer penalty. Despite that, the offense could do nothing.

Yes, Jefferson looked great. What a lethal combination we would have had if we had kept Diggs! When the Vikes drafted Randy Moss, they did not cut Cris Carter or Jake Reed. They had a great trio. :)

Had a good game but I'm going to take it with a grain of salt given that it was against the worst team in the NFL.  

I'm not even anti-Rhodes either, I think he was a good pickup for the secondary.  I'm just going to reserve judgement til I see the Colts take on a good team.  

9 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Colts sign CB X. Rhodes

I'm confused what the point of posting prior posts of yours here is. Are you just trying to prove that you were right about Rhodes?

10 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Colts sign CB X. Rhodes

I wish I knew the history behind that ^^.

It does not do much good to point out how you were right and others were wrong. I agree with some of what you write and know where you're coming from, but throwing it in folks' faces all the time does not foster good will.

I want you to continue posting comments because you have a different perspective. Try to make them less confrontational. (It is not easy. I make unpopular comments too.)

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Hey, with 1:44 left in the game and down by 1, we had ample time to get to field goal range and win the game. We were even aided by a roughing the passer penalty. Despite that, the offense could do nothing.

Yes, Jefferson looked great. What a lethal combination we would have had if we had kept Diggs! When the Vikes drafted Randy Moss, they did not cut Cris Carter or Jake Reed. They had a great trio. :)

Was totally frustrated lol. TN has squeaked way to much to start the year. So close.......

I agree, both would have been awesome. I think OL should be top, or near the top of your Christmas list though.

14 hours ago, bestQBever said:

Definitely balled today! While the second int was HUGE I just hope it wasn't a busted coverage gone right.

I just watched that play again. I think the secondary missed the play call, period. I don't know if Rhodes was wrong or Moore was wrong, but someone was. And on the other side, they let a receiver go uncovered the same way in the opposite corner of the end zone. So something wasn't right. I've said plenty of times that I'm confused about what our scheme is; I think the players might be also.

But good recovery by Rhodes, and great play to take the ball away. 

And the first pick, being in phase with the receiver, getting back to make a play, and more importantly making the catch (and scoring), that's what we need out of our corners. Can't allow free releases all game long and then act surprised that they're making easy catches underneath. 

Archived