Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Bears Predictions

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Tribusky is done and Nagu has seen enough. Pull him at the right time. They are  3 and 0 and sends a message to the team

What if Foles is awful next week though?

Then its disaster city

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All I’m gonna say, after spending my childhood years in NW Indiana, I’ve had to hear those bears fans chirp. Beating them in the Super Bowl was the single greatest experience I’ve had as a fan.  

I’m more worried that it’s foles than trubinsky but if there is anyone that knows foles it’s reich 

Mitch Trubisky got Chicago to 2-0, and was pulled in favor of Nick Foles after a bad ½ of football that saw the Bears down by 13 with 3 punts, a missed field goal & an interception.  Foles was abl

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

What if Foles is awful next week though?

Then its disaster city

Mah...Tribusky is who he is.  He is terrible.  I think the players know what they have in Tribusky and willing to move forward with Foles

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Tribusky is done and Nagu has seen enough. Pull him at the right time. They are  3 and 0 and sends a message to the team

I don’t know about that, Trubisky & Foles competed for the starting gig and Trubisky won. He led the Bears to a 2-0 start before being pulled after a bad start against the Falcons – had Atlanta not choked like they usually do, this isn’t even a discussion right now. After putting up 10 points in the 3rd Quarter, the Falcons offense produced 4 punts, a missed field goal & an interception.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

I don’t know about that, Trubisky & Foles competed for the starting gig and Trubisky won. He led the Bears to a 2-0 start before being pulled after a bad start against the Falcons – had Atlanta not choked like they usually do, this isn’t even a discussion right now. After putting up 10 points in the 3rd Quarter, the Falcons offense produced 4 punts, a missed field goal & an interception.

Falcons are king of choking lately 

6 hours ago, King Colt said:

It's Fole's team from now on. He is capable of beating anyone but he is a backup for a reason. Too close to call for me. Loved our defense against the hapless Jets.

He can play like a future hall of famer one day and look like a practice squad level QB the next game.  Hopefully since he played well yesterday than he will revert back to looking like a practice squad QB.  

Big key to this game that hasn't been mentioned is pass protection.  Bears have a good pass rush and River's isn't going to be able to run away from it.  

We might have to assign a TE to at least get a chip in on Mack on every passing down.  

• Like 1
15 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

All I’m gonna say, after spending my childhood years in NW Indiana, I’ve had to hear those bears fans chirp. Beating them in the Super Bowl was the single greatest experience I’ve had as a fan.

Whether we win or lose next week isn’t as much of a big deal, cuz I still have that.

Me too!  I live 50 miles SW of Chicago.  I had a bunch of Bears fan friends over for that game.  Had Colts jerseys hanging all over the house, including the bathrooms so they had to see them while "relieving themselves".  Good times!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is a tough one to call.  We will be facing a very good defense on the road.  Foles will get the 1st team reps this week, so he may be better than yesterday.   

Since I have to predict, I'll go with Colts 19 Bears 13.

• Like 1
On 9/28/2020 at 1:00 PM, pgt_rob said:

The Bears defense looked pretty good yesterday from what I watched early on. I'm thinking this is going to come close.

They gave up 26 points in that game.  I think we will do fine against them

Personally I think we are going to get after Foles.  I don't respect their running game without Cohen.

I don't think they are going to do much on the ground and it's going to lead to Foles having to pass

more than they want to and we know he's a statue in the pocket.

I think we win this game somewhere in the neighborhood of 21-12 or 28-14

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Personally I think we are going to get after Foles.  I don't respect their running game without Cohen.

I don't think they are going to do much on the ground and it's going to lead to Foles having to pass

more than they want to and we know he's a statue in the pocket.

I think we win this game somewhere in the neighborhood of 21-12 or 28-14

It could get ugly

Well, Chicago's D isn't tracking nearly as good as they were last year. 

They lost some solid DBs, so their run D is likely better than pass D.

Their OL is ranked 20s. Their TEs are good, WRs and RBs mediocre. 

So since their run D is likely their strength, I'm guessing we'll run more than pass like we did against a good run D last week lol. 

On D, I have no idea. IMO we should go after Foles, and play a little more man. Guessing we'll likely do the opposite and play deep and soft zone.

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

So since their run D is likely their strength, I'm guessing we'll run more than pass like we did against a good run D last week lol. 

On D, I have no idea. IMO we should go after Foles, and play a little more man. Guessing we'll likely do the opposite and play deep and soft zone.

I'll be mad if we don't get after this dude in the passing game.  Definitely don't need to return to all the soft zone looks.  As far as the run is concerned I think Gurley and Brian Hill did pretty good against Chicagos run D. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Don't they have like 18 TEs

Acting Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Concerned about the Akiem Hicks matchup.

Usually players of his size (6'4'', 347 lbs) aren't good at rushing the passer, but in his case, is crucial to the Bears defense. Their entire defense is dominant when he plays well and struggles when he's out.

27 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Hows he doing 

he's #2 on the DT, but not many targets. Not surprising given the Bears passing game. 

That will probably change though now with Foles taking over. 

I'd be shocked if he doesn't turn out to be pretty darn good.

ND has several exceptional TEs again this year. One is just a frosh, but he's already a bad bad man. 

Hoping Indy gets them an ND TE one of these days.

• Like 1
On 9/27/2020 at 8:51 PM, Restored said:

This will be the first real test for the Colts in this young season. Bears are 3-0 and while they have a QB controversy brewing, they still have looked good in other ways.

If the Colts come out and make a statement on the road, this will go a long way towards telling us where this team is heading.

i watched them play all 3 of their games they do not look like a 3-0 team they barely  beat the 0-3 giants , 0-3 falcons and 1-2 lions all games were really close they lions and falcons moved the ball well against the bears defense .   foles is super overrated had one good game in the superbowl and thats really it got beat out by minshew and tribusky .  They have terrible coaching and chuck pagano just blitzes every single play on defense just throw it to the running back . 

• Like 1