Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mo should be the starter rest of the season

JediXMan

Mo should keep starting and burton should earn his keep. If he shows to be better let him start but I don’t want Mo to be benched for him coming off injury and he hasn’t shown nothing up to this point. Mo is the better blocker and is competent as a pass catcher. Make trey earn his keep just don’t give it to him 

4 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Ok. I’m sold. Said it in the game day thread, and I’ll say it here too:

Mo > Doyle > > > > Burton

Let Mo take the Lion’s share of snaps. He’s earned it. 

its easy to see yet we didn't do anything for him after the TD kinda annoyed me 

12 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

its easy to see yet we didn't do anything for him after the TD kinda annoyed me 

Or outside the red zone. I don’t get it. Big bodied dude, hands don’t seem to be an issue, let him box a guy out and toss him a pass on those 3rd downs we seem to struggle with. 

But this is also the same staff that gets off on pulling the best RB we have out of the game in favor of much less effective runners as much as they can, so... 

Sesame Street Idk GIF

On 9/27/2020 at 11:12 PM, PrNum1 said:

Rivers is starting to bond with him. The last time I saw this was Rivers with Antonio Gates.

Something about TEs with a basketball background. 

He's able to box out and use his basketball skills (leaping) to get open

There was a graphic during the game that compared their measurables, of which were crazy close. Not saying he is the next Gates but there is no way that Rivers hasn't noticed. He did get out jumped today by a smaller cb on the near int in the endzone. Climb the ladder big boy!

2 minutes ago, jmac_48 said:

Was surprised by the lack of targets today

Want to see Mo MAC!!!

I've got to think that Pagano analyzed the game film from our prior 2 victories and likely committed some defenders to ensure that he didn't run wild against them. Philip doesn't often try to force it to guys who are double or triple covered, because that usually means that another receiver is single covered by someone a little lower on the depth chart.

I’m loving Mo right now and definitely for fantasy!   Doesn’t matter what happened last year or year before.  See the Chargers with a new QB and Keenan Allen this year- its not working.  Guys I’ve not heard of this past weekend getting TD’s.  I remember watching an undrafted FA Gates first year- it all comes down to trust with the QB.  Not sure if Mo has previous basketball experience but give him credit he’s a stud!

Well...Colts used Mo less against the Bears with Burton back in the line up.  I hope that doesn’t become the trend. Rivers has developed a nice chemistry with Mo.  I just trust Mo more than I do Burton at this point. Mo has the potential to gives us Ebron like production in the red zone if the Colts play him like they should.

On 9/27/2020 at 8:25 PM, JediXMan said:

I disagree another thing he has over Doyle is he's more durable. Having Doyle get less snaps will help him in the long run less of a chance of getting injured again.

Yep.  Doyle is better out of the reserve role because he's getting older and always had a bit of trouble taking TE1 minutes.

On 10/4/2020 at 9:17 PM, Chloe6124 said:

Doesn’t make sense how we quit using him after that TD. I saw him in the backfield alit blocking. Just throw it to him and let him go get it. We tried to force it to Burton a lot today.

Naturally Rivers was going to make an extra effort to involve the 7 year vet.   

Did you expect him not to? 

Archived