Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mo should be the starter rest of the season


Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

He blocks just as well as Doyle and is a much better threat in the passing game. His Patience and hard work is paying off :thmup:

doyle is still better as a route runner and has better hands.  When mo lines up he is usually a run blocker so the last two weeks he is not getting as much attention .   doyle is more like a dallas clark type tight end while mo is a run blocker who can catch .  I need more then two good weeks to start him over doyle who has been a pro bowler and good for this team for last couple years.   I like the idea of the two tight end sets with both of them.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

doyle is still better as a route runner and has better hands.  When mo lines up he is usually a run blocker so the last two weeks he is not getting as much attention .   doyle is more like a dallas clark type tight end while mo is a run blocker who can catch .  I need more then two good weeks to start him over doyle who has been a pro bowler and good for this team for last couple years.   I like the idea of the two tight end sets with both of them.

I disagree another thing he has over Doyle is he's more durable. Having Doyle get less snaps will help him in the long run less of a chance of getting injured again.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't need to see him against a good D to prove xyz.  Im pretty certain he'll still ball.

He's not going to all of a sudden crap his pants and start dropping the football.

He's got really good hands and his the biggest dude on the field against just about any D. 

He'll win the 50/50 ball against pretty much any DB. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

doyle is still better as a route runner and has better hands.  When mo lines up he is usually a run blocker so the last two weeks he is not getting as much attention .   doyle is more like a dallas clark type tight end while mo is a run blocker who can catch .  I need more then two good weeks to start him over doyle who has been a pro bowler and good for this team for last couple years.   I like the idea of the two tight end sets with both of them.

 

Doyle and Dallas Clark are absolutely nothing alike. Their similarities begin and end at "TE".

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

 

Doyle and Dallas Clark are absolutely nothing alike. Their similarities begin and end at "TE".

I see what he means though. Doyle historically has been used more down the field than what you would expect a TE to do. To me Clark was always more of a beefed up slot receiver than a true TE.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

I see what he means though. Doyle historically has been used more down the field than what you would expect a TE to do. To me Clark was always more of a beefed up slot receiver than a true TE.

 

In what way is that similar to Doyle? He is an old school inline blocker with strong hands and below average speed.

 

Doyle's longest career catch is 28 yards, on a tricky play this year, week 1. Clark caught a 28+ yarder seemingly weekly.

 

Don't get me wrong, I love Doyle, but he is what he is.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't need to see him against a good D to prove xyz.  Im pretty certain he'll still ball.

He's not going to all of a sudden crap his pants and start dropping the football.

He's got really good hands and his the biggest dude on the field against just about any D. 

He'll win the 50/50 ball against pretty much any DB. 

This is exactly what I saw he’s a big dude who at full speed is someone you don’t want to hit plus he can easily manhandle dline men in the run game 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JediXMan said:

He blocks just as well as Doyle and is a much better threat in the passing game. His Patience and hard work is paying off :thmup:

:agree: i just have one question tho when he caught that big pass and was in the wide open area how come he didn't hit those burners cause it looked as tho he were confused for a moment before the the safety came and he went down. it was a nice catch and play but kinda odd

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

 

In what way is that similar to Doyle?

 

Doyle's longest career catch is 28 yards, on a trick play week 1. Clark caught a 28 yarder weekly.

Just as I said in the first line, Doyle has been used more down the field than what a typical TE would be. Didn’t say they were identical, just that I understand where they were coming from that Doyle has been leaned on more as a receiver than Mo has been used as a blocker.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, we’ve always gotten good results from Mo. I can’t recall an instance off the top of my head where he has caused a glaring mistake that has hindered us. 
 

Should we vault him to #1 status over Doyle? It’s still early for that, but the way things are going it doesn’t appear to be out of the question down the line. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Just as I said in the first line, Doyle has been used more down the field than what a typical TE would be. Didn’t say they were identical, just that I understand where they were coming from that Doyle has been leaned on more as a receiver than Mo has been used as a blocker.

 

If that's the measuring tape, I compare Doyle to Jimmy Graham and Vernon Davis haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Again, we’ve always gotten good results from Mo. I can’t recall an instance off the top of my head where he has caused a glaring mistake that has hindered us. 
 

Should we vault him to #1 status over Doyle? It’s still early for that, but the way things are going it doesn’t appear to be out of the question down the line. 

The interception against the Vikings quickly comes to mind, but Rivers kept going to him and he more than made up for it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Okay.

 

Tyreek Hill and Michael Thomas are both great WR. Are they the same? Do they have similar skill sets?

 

Similar vs Different. This is the point. Not good or bad, just different.

 

Doyle and Dallas Clark are different. Very, very different.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ColtsLegacy said:

 

Tyreek Hill and Michael Thomas are both great WR. Are they the same? Do they have similar skill sets?

So let me get this straight. Me saying that I understood where the poster said comparing (as it relates to Doyle and Cox) Doyle being more akin to Clark has got you this worked up?

 

Its an opinion man. Relax.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

So let me get this straight. Me saying that I understood where the poster said comparing (as it relates to Doyle and Cox) Doyle being more akin to Clark has got you this worked up?

 

Its an opinion man. Relax.

 

Yes, it's an opinion, a wild one. And you are more than entitled to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see the progress but I think we need to slow our roll a bit here. He's made some plays but majority of his plays are coming off dump off situations, which isn't really any of his own doing, teams are just not seeing him as a threat yet. More then a handful of his catches this year there hasn't been a defender within 5 yards. I'll be more interested if he can produce when teams start to pay attention to him a bit. 

 

That being said, I do love him in certain sets. Would love to see him on a goal line fade out wide sometimes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

:agree: i just have one question tho when he caught that big pass and was in the wide open area how come he didn't hit those burners cause it looked as tho he were confused for a moment before the the safety came and he went down. it was a nice catch and play but kinda odd

Yup, he needs to go talk to Rathman about lowering his shoulder and getting up the field. In his postgame interview he said he was totally surprised there was no one there to tackle him. :lol:

Needs to polish his RB skills!

His reaction to his newfound success is refreshing!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • We've got some decent value at the 5 and dime store.   Great bargains Rhodes Moore   Good bargains TJ Carrie Wilson
    • They are talking about next year's picks, which one (either 1st or 2nd) is conditionally going to Philly. Doubt they can contractually use either in a trade for this year (unless it's with Philly). Perhaps there's contract language that says we can deal our 2nd, but if we do, Philly would automatically get our 1st.
    • What is his role?     So does everybody on the team who doesn't want to be traded because of whatever Easterby did not seeing things as well as Watson and 5 players who were let go by the team?  Why are the 5 seeing it correctly and the 150 not?      
    • Instead of trying to split the atom on how stats are measured, let's keep it simple and just apply basic logic.    Should we not expect a 31 year old to lose speed? Should we not expect a tiny guy who's losing his speed, to struggle getting the same separation he relied on all these years? Even if you disagree with the majority of fans (who think he's slowed), wouldn't the trained eyes of the coaches know better? And if TY still had it (and Rivers was at fault), wouldn't TY get a better/longer deal than 1 year / 8M? Should we believe TY's stats are simply wrong, while most of the other pass catchers are grading better at separation while getting the same balls, by the same QB? Are stats out to get TY, or is Philip just bad throwing to TY and good to everyone else? And nobody saying Rivers is great. But simply other pass catchers are grading better with Rivers, than TY. TY relied on his speed all these years (along with route running). He's losing that speed, and now has to rely on route running (for tough yards) and mismatches (seam and bad DBs) for the majority of his highlights. There's no mystery here. It's just getting harder for him. I really hope he can squeeze one more 1000 yard season out for the Colts.   
    • You are having a different conversation than I am.   I'm talking about the narrow issue of Watson possibly being traded, and citing the reasons he supposedly stated for wanting to be traded.  I show you articles because you insinuate that I am wrong about those reasons.    What the culture is or is not in the HOU organization is not relevant, because no articles have cited culture as being the reason.    Its also not relevant to Watson, because it seems to me that if these adverse conditions were long standing since the time AJ and Foster were in the locker room, then those conditions must not have have been a big deal to Watson in September when he chose to extended his playing time with such a bad organization run by such awful political owners.  That must not be the reason he wants a trade.               
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...