Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mo should be the starter rest of the season

JediXMan

25 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

He blocks just as well as Doyle and is a much better threat in the passing game. His Patience and hard work is paying off :thmup:

doyle is still better as a route runner and has better hands.  When mo lines up he is usually a run blocker so the last two weeks he is not getting as much attention .   doyle is more like a dallas clark type tight end while mo is a run blocker who can catch .  I need more then two good weeks to start him over doyle who has been a pro bowler and good for this team for last couple years.   I like the idea of the two tight end sets with both of them.

4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

doyle is still better as a route runner and has better hands.  When mo lines up he is usually a run blocker so the last two weeks he is not getting as much attention .   doyle is more like a dallas clark type tight end while mo is a run blocker who can catch .  I need more then two good weeks to start him over doyle who has been a pro bowler and good for this team for last couple years.   I like the idea of the two tight end sets with both of them.

I disagree another thing he has over Doyle is he's more durable. Having Doyle get less snaps will help him in the long run less of a chance of getting injured again.

I don't need to see him against a good D to prove xyz.  Im pretty certain he'll still ball.

He's not going to all of a sudden crap his pants and start dropping the football.

He's got really good hands and his the biggest dude on the field against just about any D. 

He'll win the 50/50 ball against pretty much any DB. 

28 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Doyle and Dallas Clark are absolutely nothing alike. Their similarities begin and end at "TE".

8 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Doyle and Dallas Clark are absolutely nothing alike. Their similarities begin and end at "TE".

I see what he means though. Doyle historically has been used more down the field than what you would expect a TE to do. To me Clark was always more of a beefed up slot receiver than a true TE.

11 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

I see what he means though. Doyle historically has been used more down the field than what you would expect a TE to do. To me Clark was always more of a beefed up slot receiver than a true TE.

In what way is that similar to Doyle? He is an old school inline blocker with strong hands and below average speed.

Doyle's longest career catch is 28 yards, on a tricky play this year, week 1. Clark caught a 28+ yarder seemingly weekly.

Don't get me wrong, I love Doyle, but he is what he is.

19 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't need to see him against a good D to prove xyz.  Im pretty certain he'll still ball.

He's not going to all of a sudden crap his pants and start dropping the football.

He's got really good hands and his the biggest dude on the field against just about any D. 

He'll win the 50/50 ball against pretty much any DB. 

This is exactly what I saw he’s a big dude who at full speed is someone you don’t want to hit plus he can easily manhandle dline men in the run game 

1 hour ago, JediXMan said:

He blocks just as well as Doyle and is a much better threat in the passing game. His Patience and hard work is paying off :thmup:

:agree: i just have one question tho when he caught that big pass and was in the wide open area how come he didn't hit those burners cause it looked as tho he were confused for a moment before the the safety came and he went down. it was a nice catch and play but kinda odd

4 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

In what way is that similar to Doyle?

Doyle's longest career catch is 28 yards, on a trick play week 1. Clark caught a 28 yarder weekly.

Just as I said in the first line, Doyle has been used more down the field than what a typical TE would be. Didn’t say they were identical, just that I understand where they were coming from that Doyle has been leaned on more as a receiver than Mo has been used as a blocker.

Again, we’ve always gotten good results from Mo. I can’t recall an instance off the top of my head where he has caused a glaring mistake that has hindered us. 

Should we vault him to #1 status over Doyle? It’s still early for that, but the way things are going it doesn’t appear to be out of the question down the line. 

3 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Just as I said in the first line, Doyle has been used more down the field than what a typical TE would be. Didn’t say they were identical, just that I understand where they were coming from that Doyle has been leaned on more as a receiver than Mo has been used as a blocker.

If that's the measuring tape, I compare Doyle to Jimmy Graham and Vernon Davis haha

4 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Again, we’ve always gotten good results from Mo. I can’t recall an instance off the top of my head where he has caused a glaring mistake that has hindered us. 

Should we vault him to #1 status over Doyle? It’s still early for that, but the way things are going it doesn’t appear to be out of the question down the line. 

The interception against the Vikings quickly comes to mind, but Rivers kept going to him and he more than made up for it.

1 minute ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Tyreek Hill and Michael Thomas are both great WR. Are they the same? Do they have similar skill sets?

So let me get this straight. Me saying that I understood where the poster said comparing (as it relates to Doyle and Cox) Doyle being more akin to Clark has got you this worked up?

Its an opinion man. Relax.

2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

So let me get this straight. Me saying that I understood where the poster said comparing (as it relates to Doyle and Cox) Doyle being more akin to Clark has got you this worked up?

Its an opinion man. Relax.

Yes, it's an opinion, a wild one. And you are more than entitled to it.

Good to see the progress but I think we need to slow our roll a bit here. He's made some plays but majority of his plays are coming off dump off situations, which isn't really any of his own doing, teams are just not seeing him as a threat yet. More then a handful of his catches this year there hasn't been a defender within 5 yards. I'll be more interested if he can produce when teams start to pay attention to him a bit. 

That being said, I do love him in certain sets. Would love to see him on a goal line fade out wide sometimes.

3 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

:agree: i just have one question tho when he caught that big pass and was in the wide open area how come he didn't hit those burners cause it looked as tho he were confused for a moment before the the safety came and he went down. it was a nice catch and play but kinda odd

Yup, he needs to go talk to Rathman about lowering his shoulder and getting up the field. In his postgame interview he said he was totally surprised there was no one there to tackle him. :lol:

Needs to polish his RB skills!

His reaction to his newfound success is refreshing!

Archived