Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The eye test tells me...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You’re basing this on garbage time yardage.....

Wilkins > Taylor as of right now. I wanna see Taylor and Wilkins split more snaps until Taylor improves. Thoughts?

We win 36-7 We had 3 picks.  We had 2 defensive pick sixes We had a safety We had 2 sacks We didn't give up a sack We had zero turnovers Our punter put 3 out of 4 pu

2 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

Wilkins > Taylor as of right now. I wanna see Taylor and Wilkins split more snaps until Taylor improves. Thoughts?

Honestly. The O line needs to dominate. No more stacking the box excuses and Brissett is no longer iur qb. We have 3 st rounders and a 2nd rounder invested in the O line. I expect more. They r probsbly the most expensive O line in terms of draft position in the NFL. The term elite continually gets thrown around and I have said they r not and get criticized for it.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
8 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

And you obviously didn’t see the run by JT that literally dragged half the Jets D by himself 6-8 extra yards, then nearly broke free for a Home run before finally going down 4 yards later... turning what was a 2-3 yard gain into 16-18. the announcers were stunned and said you don’t see that in the nfl hardly ever. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, csmopar said:

And you obviously didn’t see the run by JT that literally dragged half the Jets D by himself 6-8 extra yards, then nearly broke free for a Home run before finally going down 4 yards later... turning what was a 2-3 yard gain into 16-18

That TD run was special.  It looked like the defender had him dead to rights.  Taylor is still learning, but he looked good overall, besides the one run right into the backs of his o-line early on.  Looks like he could have cut left.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

That TD run was special.  It looked like the defender had him dead to rights.  Taylor is still learning, but he looked good overall, besides the one run right into the backs of his o-line early on.  Looks like he could have cut left.

That 3rd and 3 run was bad, had he run left he had probably 8+ yards. The TD run was great but the Safety Mcdougal also wanted nothing to do with JT, with his half-butt lunge in the hole.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

The only person I am upset about thats a rookie is Pitman he need to do something because right now he is not a threat.

Just gonna throw this out there. Reggie Wayne didn’t start becoming the Reggie we all loved until year 3...

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Freenyfan102 said:

The only person I am upset about thats a rookie is Pitman he need to do something because right now he is not a threat.

Huh. He has had some pretty big plays. Caught everything that has come his way. We spread the ball so much. He is doing exactly what we need him to. He is catching the ball when it comes his way. He will keep improving as the season goes on.

• Like 4
25 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

They run Wilkins more zone block to the edge, and also run him late in games when the D is worn down. Those two things have significant impact.

I'm not sold on Taylor yet, but Wilkins is good at some things, and not so good at others. He's not near as good running inside, or in man/power.

7 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

He was targeted 4 times and caught 3. Exactly what were you expecting? 

There were 8 receivers who caught passes. 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

He was targeted 4 times and caught 3. Exactly what were you expecting? 

There were 8 receivers who caught passes. 

Agree.  He’s being worked into the offense.  Remember he had no off-season program and no pre-season games.  Other than a couple of flags last week he’s done what’s been asked of him.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

This post... Woof.

• Like 4
33 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Honestly. The O line needs to dominate. No more stacking the box excuses and Brissett is no longer iur qb. We have 3 st rounders and a 2nd rounder invested in the O line. I expect more. They r probsbly the most expensive O line in terms of draft position in the NFL. The term elite continually gets thrown around and I have said they r not and get criticized for it.

I honestly don't think you understand what you're watching.    

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I honestly don't think you understand what you're watching.    

That is confusing. I don’t think they were watching. I think Rivers has only been sacked one time. Maybe not at all. I can’t recall if he has or not. The oline is playing great. We are playing a better defense next week so we will see.

45 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

my thoughts are that your eyes aren’t working properly for an eye test of this sort... 

39 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

you get criticized because you are incorrect. This offensive line is elite by the very definition. They have three elite first round players in Castonzo, Nelson (the best lineman in the league, IMO) Kelly who is a top 5 center... and two above average players on the right sides. AND they have now played 19 straight games together as a unit which is 16 more games than the 2nd most consistent unit. THAT is elite. And why you get criticized.  

• Like 1

We win 36-7

We had 3 picks. 

We had 2 defensive pick sixes

We had a safety

We had 2 sacks

We didn't give up a sack

We had zero turnovers

Our punter put 3 out of 4 punts inside the 20

To read a few of the comments in here you would have thought we lost the game. 

Way too much crying and whining for my taste. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

It’s Frank and the way we cycle backs in and out. Taylor never got a chance to get comfortable and into any kind of rhythm today. They put too much effort into involving too many backs too many ways. 

I’m sick to death of it at this point. 

It's only the 3rd game without a preseason.  We are in a good place.  The OL will hit it's stride soon enough.  Taylor still zigs when he should have zagged on a few runs but time will straighten that out.  I'm a little more worried about scrambling QB's doing damage.  The good ones with weapons concern me.  Hopefully our secondary will continue to improve.

12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

We win 36-7

We had 3 picks. 

We had a safety

We had 2 sacks

We didn't give up a sack

We had zero turnovers

There's hardly can't posting after a win....compare that to how much was posted after the loss to Jax 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

We win 36-7

We had 3 picks. 

We had a safety

We had 2 sacks

We didn't give up a sack

We had zero turnovers

We could win 99-0 and someone would still complain lmao 

• Like 4
22 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

We win 36-7

We had 3 picks. 

We had a safety

We had 2 sacks

We didn't give up a sack

We had zero turnovers

Well said. The Colts are far from perfect, but they won big and played hard. I think they’ll get better and better as the season progresses. The Negative  Nancies are always going to whine unless it’s a shutout and the Colts pass for 300 and run for 200. The adults in the room know this was a good day. 

• Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

my thoughts are that your eyes aren’t working properly for an eye test of this sort... 

you get criticized because you are incorrect. This offensive line is elite by the very definition. They have three elite first round players in Castonzo, Nelson (the best lineman in the league, IMO) Kelly who is a top 5 center... and two above average players on the right sides. AND they have now played 19 straight games together as a unit which is 16 more games than the 2nd most consistent unit. THAT is elite. And why you get criticized.  

K....have they dominated a D line this year?? Young Jags D line.  A make shift Minnesota D line. Jets...well the r the Jets

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, csmopar said:

And you obviously didn’t see the run by JT that literally dragged half the Jets D by himself 6-8 extra yards, then nearly broke free for a Home run before finally going down 4 yards later... turning what was a 2-3 yard gain into 16-18. the announcers were stunned and said you don’t see that in the nfl hardly ever. 

JT is has so much more talent then wilkins, but he is hesitating when getting the ball instead of just hitting the hole . He is extremely fast and talented and can be a elite RB even better then mack .  Just needs more time and slightly better vision looking for the holes.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Honestly. The O line needs to dominate. No more stacking the box excuses and Brissett is no longer iur qb. We have 3 st rounders and a 2nd rounder invested in the O line. I expect more. They r probsbly the most expensive O line in terms of draft position in the NFL. The term elite continually gets thrown around and I have said they r not and get criticized