Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts only team in the league without a three and out

14 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

top 10 O, #1 D, no 3 and outs, and still 1-1 losing to the 32nd ranked team to open the season.

I told you not to assume anything when it comes to football.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I told you not to assume anything when it comes to football.

I guess I assumed we might run more and not throw it 50 times in the first game vs a bad team. Or leave easy 3pts on the field, or miss an easy FG.

I know, I expect way too much lol. 

#dumbgameplan

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
39 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Historically, those preseason rankings for the most part, aren't worth diddly poo. 

If you looked closely at their team, the losses and additions, they're not good. That's why they lost at home to Miami.

37 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

#thiswasapositivethread

#didn'tknowthereweremoodrules

49 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I guess I assumed we might run more and not throw it 50 times in the first game vs a bad team. Or leave easy 3pts on the field, or miss an easy FG.

I know, I expect way too much lol. 

#dumbgameplan

Why did you assume that?

Didn't you know Frank is calling our plays? :D haha

• Like 1
1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Why did you assume that?

Didn't you know Frank is calling our plays? :D haha

I'm still trying to decide which was the worse game plan. 2020 Jags, or 2019 Dolphins.

It gives me a sadz to think we could have 2 stinkers like that in less than a years time.

:Cry:

• Like 1

They’ve had turnovers so it’s not really no 3 and outs.  If you dont get to 4th down because you throw ints it’s not that great a stat.  

I could have no 3 and outs if I played because I’d turn it over every time I touched it. 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

top 10 O, #1 D, no 3 and outs, and still 1-1 losing to the 32nd ranked team to open the season.

We always lose the opening game (lately) and we always lose to the jags in Jacksonville......atleast we combined it this year.  Two birds one stone!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
7 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

We always lose the opening game (lately) and we always lose to the jags in Jacksonville......atleast we combined it this year.  Two birds one stone!

I feel so much better now

:wall:

4 minutes ago, CantBeStopped said:

I'd say the jets are the worst team in the league not jax

OK, so Jags are 31st lol...

48 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

If you looked closely at their team, the losses and additions, they're not good. That's why they lost at home to Miami.

#didn'tknowthereweremoodrules

#moodmodcheckingin

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, PrNum1 said:

The pieces are there, its just taking time to gel

Oh I know. I'm still very optimistic and sticking to my 12-4 prediction. It's just frustrating to lose to a bad team week 1. It's something you can't get back, and could be the difference in a home game during the playoffs.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

The mood police
They live inside of my head
The mood police
They come to me in my bed
The mood police
They're coming to arrest me
Oh no

seth meyers i'm gonna get ya GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

They’ve had turnovers so it’s not really no 3 and outs.  If you dont get to 4th down because you throw ints it’s not that great a stat.  

I could have no 3 and outs if I played because I’d turn it over every time I touched it. 

That's not quite how 3 and outs work.  It only deals with the first set of downs on a drive.  After you get a first down, you can no longer go 3 and out on that drive.

I can't remember what happened right before the INTs in the Jags game, but I know the Vikings INT came after we had already moved the ball downfield.

26 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

That's not quite how 3 and outs work.  It only deals with the first set of downs on a drive.  After you get a first down, you can no longer go 3 and out on that drive.

I can't remember what happened right before the INTs in the Jags game, but I know the Vikings INT came after we had already moved the ball downfield.

Oh yeah.  That’s my mistake.  I heard rivers say something about never punting earlier and I had that on my brain.  

1 hour ago, Fluke_33 said:

Oh yeah.  That’s my mistake.  I heard rivers say something about never punting earlier and I had that on my brain.  

The Colts didn't punt at all in Week 1 at Jacksonville. The 1st punt of the season was downed at the 2, leading to a safety 4 plays later.  there was only 1 more Indy punt in the game, but it was after the offense had already achieved a 1st down on the drive.

6 hours ago, ScotColt said:

lol some guys on here can't handle even the slightest criticism. God forbid I be mad at our defensive performance against the Jags. 

It's hard sometimes to know which threads are safe spaces, and which are not.

12 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Week 1 was a fluke and everyone knows it. Although I do think the Jags might be a little better than we thought. They didn't show it vs the Phins but they almost beat Tennessee. For some reason they almost always play us well too no matter who they have. After today we will be 2-1 and all will be good brother.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Week 1 was a fluke and everyone knows it. Although I do think the Jags might be a little better than we thought. They didn't show it vs the Phins but they almost beat Tennessee. For some reason they almost always play us well too no matter who they have. After today we will be 2-1 and all will be good brother.

Yep, I think so too (2 and 1, and all will be right in the world).

I do think Minshew is better than most give him credit for, but the overall team isn't good. TN hasn't looked that good either to be honest. Their more of a "matchup" team to me, but they do have solid coaching. 

It will be interesting to see how they look at MN today. There's a few 1pm games on today that I'll be flipping back and forth to.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Yep, I think so too (2 and 1, and all will be right in the world).

I do think Minshew is better than most give him credit for, but the overall team isn't good. TN hasn't looked that good either to be honest. Their more of a "matchup" team to me, but they do have solid coaching. 

It will be interesting to see how they look at MN today. There's a few 1pm games on today that I'll be flipping back and forth to.

I took Minny, mainly because they are 0-2 and have to win. If they fall to 0-3 they are probably done already. 0-2 is bad enough. Minny is a good team, can't picture them being 0-3.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I took Minny, mainly because they are 0-2 and have to win. If they fall to 0-3 they are probably done already. 0-2 is bad enough. Minny is a good team, can't picture them being 0-3.

I think MN is better than they look vs us, but I don't know if they're good. That OL was rough lol. And I think I underestimated the impact of losing Diggs. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cousins rebound if the OL can step it up a little. I've never seen him play that bad.

• Like 1
Just now, EastStreet said:

I think MN is better than they look vs us, but I don't know if they're good. That OL was rough lol. And I think I underestimated the impact of losing Diggs. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cousins rebound if the OL can step it up a little. I've never seen him play that bad.

Cousins has had a few stinkers but I agree, last week is the worse I can recall seeing him. Glad it was against us lol.

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cousins has had a few stinkers but I agree, last week is the worse I can recall seeing him. Glad it was against us lol.

Perhaps once he and his stud rook WR get some chemistry, he'll look better. I'm still shocked they didn't attack us short like Minshew did. I think MN is pretty healthy this week. TN is too minus AJB.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Perhaps once he and his stud rook WR get some chemistry, he'll look better. I'm still shocked they didn't attack us short like Minshew did. I think MN is pretty healthy this week. TN is too minus AJB.

A Minny win would help us out a lot as well. Should be one of the better games.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I can really see it going either way. Total wildcard.

VIkes up 2 with 5 min. to go... they're playing TEN much better than they played us.  

If they can hold on there, then we're right back atop the AFC South.  TEN had underwhelming wins over both JAX and DEN prior.  Looks like HOU is about to fall to 0-3 with PITT up a TD after the 2 min warning.  

Again, the Jags didn't beat us, we beat ourselves... if we can take care of what should be easy business against the Jets, we should be sitting pretty moving forward in the AFC South... even if TEN comes back right now, they really don't look very good through 3 weeks.  We have to take care of the remainder of division games (at least go 4-2) and take our gimme games... if we win today, go 4-2 against the division and split the rest of the games we would wind up 10-6 (I think we can go >0.500 versus the remainder of our non-division games, but I think 10-6 is probably good enough for the aFC South or a wildcard).  

3 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

VIkes up 2 with 5 min. to go... they're playing TEN much better than they played us.  

If they can hold on there, then we're right back atop the AFC South.  TEN had underwhelming wins over both JAX and DEN prior.  Looks like HOU is about to fall to 0-3 with PITT up a TD after the 2 min warning.  

Again, the Jags didn't beat us, we beat ourselves... if we can take care of what should be easy business against the Jets, we should be sitting pretty moving forward in the AFC South... even if TEN comes back right now, they really don't look very good through 3 weeks.  We have to take care of the remainder of division games (at least go 4-2) and take our gimme games... if we win today, go 4-2 against the division and split the rest of the games we would wind up 10-6 (I think we can go >0.500 versus the remainder of our non-division games, but I think 10-6 is probably good enough for the aFC South or a wildcard).  

I've said in a few threads, TN is just not that good right now. Vikes still trying to choke