Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We May Play The Lions On Thanksgiving Day

Even though I would love to have a Thanksgiving game, I am guessing they will choose the Texans because they're a better team and more of a interesting match up against the Lions.

Because FOX and CBS alternate every year who does the Lions and Cowboys games. This year CBS has the Lions game which means the visiting team has to be an AFC team hence the Colts or Texans are the only option for the Lions this year.

(Head slap) Of course! Thanks.

Remember the last time we played them on Turkey Day?

I'd say it's a toss-up. The Luck v. Stafford matchup would be interesting, as would two potential playoff teams.

The Texans are having a tough off season as far as losing players. But you're probably right, they should make the playoff just on how weak our division is this year.

(Head slap) Of course! Thanks.

Remember the last time we played them on Turkey Day?

Yes. I was there. Manning tossed 6 TD's - 3 each to Stokely and Harrison. It was about 10 days after the Pacers v. Pistons brawl.

we have been undefeated vs the Lions since 1998. The problem is finding someone to match up with Calvin Johnson, he is a nightmare to play against.

Yeah, with Jacob Lacey gone, we would have no way to contain C.J. (extreme sarcasm). On the flip side, whoever Lacey is covering should have a big day for us!!

Lions want us badly to give us that 6 TD crushing. I am betting it is us. Hopefully our O-line can handle the D-line pressure of Detroit.

You saying they have revenge on their minds from a game that was 8 years ago?

Colts #1, Lions #2.. will be nuts at my family gathering if this happens! what fun!

This would be a good test for Coach Pagano's squad to see how good our Colts defense actually is by November. Plus, it would be interesting to see if Suh has matured as a player or gets thrown out of the game again.

Man I would love to see the Colts play on Thanksgiving. Then again my wife never lets me watch the games that day.... so meh. Whatever.

That's not American. Please don't tell me she has a say during the OSU Michigatz game or your man card will be revoked.

That TV should not be turned off a game the entire day. Okay, maybe turn the volume down during dinner.

This would be absolutely awesome, are we talking this year? Because I would think the schedules are about set at this point. I will watch the games regardless of who is playing, but I would really like to see the Colts playing.