Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

this would be quite funny

danlhart87

Someone on the Jets forum suggested tanking for Lawrence then trading Darnold to the Colts for a 3rd rounder 

This means the trade would be:

Colts get

OL Quenton Nelson

OL Braden Smith

DE Kemoko Turay

RB Jordan Wilkins

CB Rock Ya-Sin

QB Sam Darnold

Jets get

3rd Rounder in 21'

:lol:

I think we win

I don't want Darnold though 

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Someone on the Jets forum suggested tanking for Lawrence then trading Darnold to the Colts for a 3rd rounder 

Colts get

OL Quenton Nelson

OL Braden Smith

DE Kemoko Turay

RB Jordan Wilkins

CB Rock Ya-Sin

QB Sam Darnold

Jets get

3rd Rounder in 21'

I think we win

This thought has crossed my mind in the last week or so, if I'm honest. I haven't paid much attention to Darnold's career outside of the "ghosts" and knowing the Jets haven't been good. Not sure how Darnold has looked, but who knows how he would progress outside of Gase's clutches (exhibit A: Tannehill). Darnold/Eason would make for a fun TC battle for Rivers backup in his final season and potential QB of the future. If I'm not mistaken, Darnold was super young coming out.

16 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Colts get

OL Quenton Nelson

OL Braden Smith

DE Kemoko Turay

RB Jordan Wilkins

CB Rock Ya-Sin

QB Sam Darnold

Jets get

3rd Rounder in 21'

I think we win

I would trade a 3rd rounder for Darnold in a heartbeat. Darnold is only 23, and Adam Gase has ruined this kid with the way he runs that Jets team. Everyone who leaves an Adam Gase coached team does better somewhere else. Take him for a 3rd, and have him battle it out with Eason and possibly Kelly next year to see who will be our franchise QB while using our 1st and 2nd rounder to fill big needs at CB/EDGE/WR with two elite players.

20 hours ago, DougDew said:

I'd rather go all-in with Eason and keep the 3rd rounder.

Darnold is far and away better than Eason.

Darnold is a legit early 1st rounder. He just needs the proper coaching and development. I would give them Eason AND a 3rd rounder for Darnold.

Not every Colt player is wonderful and every non-Colt is a bust.

Eason is just going to be another Mason Rudolph backup at best...not even as good as Chad Kelly.

He beat out Kelly may be because of limited TC & Preseason and that he was a 4th rnd pick  over a FA pick up but the coaches seem to like him better and have talkewd about his progress & they haven't not praised Kelly  that I am aware of...

USC quarterbacks have not been that great in the NFL... basically they are back ups with short careers...

jus sayin... 

https://www.thesportster.com/football/ranking-the-usc-trojans-quarterbacks-who-played-in-the-nfl/

23 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Colts get

OL Quenton Nelson

OL Braden Smith

DE Kemoko Turay

RB Jordan Wilkins

CB Rock Ya-Sin

QB Sam Darnold

Jets get

3rd Rounder in 21'

I think we win

Darnold is worth a 3rd rounder. Eason hasn't played a down yet and we don't  know what he is and Darnold has been dumbed down playing with a horrible organization. 

That would give us 2 young QB's with physical talent and maybe,with good coaching we can hit with 1 of them.

2 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

Darnold is far and away better than Eason.

Darnold is a legit early 1st rounder. He just needs the proper coaching and development. I would give them Eason AND a 3rd rounder for Darnold.

Not every Colt player is wonderful and every non-Colt is a bust.

Eason is just going to be another Mason Rudolph backup at best...not even as good as Chad Kelly.

Well the name of the thread is 'this would be quite funny.' 

You forgot to add in your opinion. There is no proof of your comment. 

If the Jets secure the #1 pick, everyone in the league knows Lawrence is the pick. Darnold would be entering his fourth year and have an almost $10mil salary in 2021. Those factors together make trading Darnold a pipe dream for getting a 3rd round pick. 

Also, assuming the trade happens prior to or during the 2021 draft, the Colts would only have a month to determine whether they wanted to pull the trigger on the 5th year option. For comparison purposes,  the Bears Mitch Trubisky would have have had a 5th year option of $24 million. 

16 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Well the name of the thread is 'this would be quite funny.' 

You forgot to add in your opinion. There is no proof of your comment. 

the act of typing a response on this "forum" is a reflection of one's opinion. In 10 plus years on this "thing" I have seen no proof to back up any comments from anyone on here ever. Nor will there ever be. Get a life. this is pure entertainment and nothing more.

12 minutes ago, MCurtis32 said:

the act of typing a response on this "forum" is a reflection of one's opinion. In 10 plus years on this "thing" I have seen no proof to back up any comments from anyone on here ever. Nor will there ever be. Get a life. this is pure entertainment and nothing more.

Who pulled your chain? 

Archived