Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Green Bay vs. Saints

I wanted to start a discussion about this game. I am looking forward to it the most on Sunday. So far GB has looked awesome but against two lousy teams. Drew Brees is really struggling. Could he potentially get pulled in this game?  I would like to see what Hill can do. He is such an electric player. Love his grit and big arm. 

Right now the Saints are favored by 3 which seems odd. I think the Packers should be favored given how they are playing. The game is in NO.

Brees isn't struggling too much.   He's completed 65% of his passes for 3 TD's and has only 1 INT.   Maybe not as "Brees-like" as some years, but still better than the QB's of most teams.

I think the spread is simply a home field spread.

2 hours ago, Myles said:

Brees isn't struggling too much.   He's completed 65% of his passes for 3 TD's and has only 1 INT.   Maybe not as "Brees-like" as some years, but still better than the QB's of most teams.

I think the spread is simply a home field spread.

Over the past 2 seasons Brees completed over 74 percent of his passes. He is completing just 64.7 percent of his passes this season. That is a big drop considering almost all of his throws are underneath as he can't throw deep anymore. But perhaps more telling is he is averaging 4.82 air yards on his passes so far this season. That's his lowest through 2 games as a member of the Saints and it's the lowest by any QB through 2 games since Brett Favre in 2009. That was the year Favre was 41 and the wheels came off.

I am looking at the Saints defense at this point. 

David Carr just went for 282 yards and 3 TDs. That leads me to believe that Rogers and how hot he right now is going the light them up. 

I will take the Packers in this game. 

4 hours ago, FortheWin said:

I wanted to start a discussion about this game. I am looking forward to it the most on Sunday. So far GB has looked awesome but against two lousy teams. Drew Brees is really struggling. Could he potentially get pulled in this game?  I would like to see what Hill can do. He is such an electric player. Love his grit and big arm. 

Right now the Saints are favored by 3 which seems odd. I think the Packers should be favored given how they are playing. The game is in NO.

Brees isn't getting pulled unless he is hurt

• Like 2
1 hour ago, shakedownstreet said:

Sure but Brees would have <insert injury here> were he to get pulled

You actually think Peyton would sit down and not say something about it if he wasn't hurt?    Neither would Drew Brees

7 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I'll take GB in a shootout 

You may be correct but I am not sure how much of a shoot out Brees can get into with out Thomas? 

I think Brees will dink and dunk and use Kamara to keep the ball away from Rogers. 

It should be a good game. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Brees isn't getting pulled unless he is hurt

I think "pulled" was a too strong of a word. I meant more snaps for Hill. That is what Payton and Brees said before the season. Both talked about Brees splitting more time with Hill like 30 snaps or so. I would like to see that happen Sunday as Hill is electric and provides a nice change of pace from Brees.

15 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

When he was injured with a torn plantar fascia

Manning was healthy at the end of the season but was benched for Osweiller. I believer Manning was reinserted in the last game of the season at half time and then played the entire playoffs.

That being said, Brees does not look anywhere near as bad as Manning but he has lost a lot of speed off his throws and cannot push the ball down the field. A lot depends on how much Payton wants to play small ball or insert Hill more and try to get more chunk plays.

The Saints are in real trouble. Their defense is horrible this year. I thought maybe the first couple of games was an aberration but they literally cannot stop anything. Brees is only throwing 5 yard passes on top. I think this is going to be a long season for the Saints.   Tampa now sits alone at the top of the South only 3 games in. Who would have predicted that especially after the Saints beat them in week one?

• Like 2