Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Hooker done in Indy?


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, CurBeatElite said:

Yes, that was a weird scenario all around.  Ballard, keep in mind, didn't get to choose his coach.  He was basically stuck with Pagano.  Ballard knew what scheme he wanted to run on D, which was different than Pagano.  Pagano was talking about Hooker as 'the next Ed Reed' (who played under Pagano when he was a DC in Baltimore).  Hooker really fit the Pagano mold.  I would not be shocked, if Pagano is still in a defensive coordinator position going into next year that Hooker went to whatever team Pagano was affiliated with, TBH.  

Yep. He was loved by every analyst too as a single high FS, and looked good his first year with the Colts. He'll be a bargain for someone IMO if he can stay healthy. 

 

What's also weird though, is that Flus hinted that he wanted to play more man last year. Aside from the KC game, didn't seem like it happened much. And we drafted both Rock and Blackmon from heavy man systems. I think Willis was too. I just don't understand to be honest what Flus is really all about yes. Was he waiting to get a 3T and pressure up front to go more man? He has that now. And if not, not sure I understand Ballard's draft choices as they seem to be converse to Flus's scheme.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2020 at 8:24 AM, ColtJax said:

With Blackmon looking like he might be a player, and Hooker's ACL injury, does he just not get an offer? If healthy I'd like to see him come back on a 1 year "prove it" deal..

If you have to ask this then you haven't been paying attention.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yep. He was loved by every analyst too as a single high FS, and looked good his first year with the Colts. He'll be a bargain for someone IMO if he can stay healthy. 

 

What's also weird though, is that Flus hinted that he wanted to play more man last year. Aside from the KC game, didn't seem like it happened much. And we drafted both Rock and Blackmon from heavy man systems. I think Willis was too. I just don't understand to be honest what Flus is really all about yes. Was he waiting to get a 3T and pressure up front to go more man? He has that now. And if not, not sure I understand Ballard's draft choices as they seem to be converse to Flus's scheme.

 

Yes, I have been perplexed by Flus at times.  There are certain weeks where our D looks completely vanilla and gets picked apart (see JAX week 1) and others where we are very aggressive and look as though we are a top D through the league (see KC game you mentioned, MIN last week, etc.).  In some senses, it makes sense to have very different looks week in and week out, but in other senses it doesn't really seem like this D has found its identity quite yet.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

 

Yes, I have been perplexed by Flus at times.  There are certain weeks where our D looks completely vanilla and gets picked apart (see JAX week 1) and others where we are very aggressive and look as though we are a top D through the league (see KC game you mentioned, MIN last week, etc.).  In some senses, it makes sense to have very different looks week in and week out, but in other senses it doesn't really seem like this D has found its identity quite yet.

So far this year, we've have extreme variance on both O and D from game to game. I just want some freaking balance. Puuuuulease lol. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2020 at 5:24 AM, ColtJax said:

With Blackmon looking like he might be a player, and Hooker's ACL injury, does he just not get an offer? If healthy I'd like to see him come back on a 1 year "prove it" deal..

 

Is Hooker done in Indy? Not without her pimp. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A blowout is coming this weekend, I can't wait :thmup:

I hope so brother. On paper we should kill them.

 

Even if we win, I'll be irritated as hell if:

1. We don't have balance on O, and run it 60+% of the time (they're strongest vs the run)

and/or

2. Our D goes back to Charmin soft and Darnold looks good with his MASH unit of WRs.

 

This is a great game to just try and work out the kinks, and be as balanced as possible.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...