Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We'll be the 85 Bears (LOL) and #1 in total D for 2 more weeks, maybe 5

Jet's are last in the league in total O and are dealing with injuries to three of their starting OL, and all of their starting WRs.

Bears are 23rd in total O with the 22nd OL, but has a decent run game (which we have a good run D)

We have not played, and will not play, an OL ranked better than 22nd, until we play the Browns in three weeks.

If we are go into the Browns game #1 on D, even if our D is just average, we might be able to hang onto #1 for another 2 weeks. 

Wakeup call on 11/08

OL Preseason Rankings for all scheduled opponents

at Jags #26

Vikings #23

Jets #27 (C, LT, and RT are all questionable)

at Bears #22

at Browns #6

Bengals #31

at Lions #16

Ravens #5

at Titans #15

Packers #4

Titans #15

at Texans #19

at Raiders #11

Texans #19

at Steelers #9

Jags #26

• Thanks 1

I'll be fine hanging my hat on the "D" if they are #1 after 6 or 7 games.  Mostly because I know we do have some great players on defense.  I think Buckner and Leonard would be considered top 10-15 players on defense in the league.  

• Like 1

We have the talent on Defense.

Do we have the coaching?

If Eberflus goes back to his 8-10 yard cushion, soft zone defense, then it doesn't matter who we have on defense or who we play. We'll get picked apart. I liked what I saw vs the Vikings. He mixed it up. Let's just keep doing that.

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'll be fine hanging my hat on the "D" if they are #1 after 6 or 7 games.  Mostly because I know we do have some great players on defense.  I think Buckner and Leonard would be considered top 10-15 players on defense in the league.  

Don’t forget about Kenny Moore

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Myles said:

Once we hit the Ravens games, the schedule has some good Os. I'll be very very happy if we just end the year with a top 10 D. 

25 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Do we have the coaching?

If Eberflus goes back to his 8-10 yard cushion, soft zone defense, then it doesn't matter who we have on defense or who we play. We'll get picked apart. I liked what I saw vs the Vikings. He mixed it up. Let's just keep doing that.

What was weird, was that MN really didn't try to pick up apart short. It didn't appear we gave as much cushion, but I did see open short routes. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

What was weird, was that MN really didn't try to pick up apart short. It didn't appear we gave as much cushion, but I did see open short routes. 

I do think that other teams watching film will see the day and night differences between the Jaguars approach to our defense and the Vikings approach. It will be clear that quick, short routes will be key.

It almost appeared that the Vikings had a set offense and didn't make any adjustments. They just ran their base offense against the Colts.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

I do think that other teams watching film will see the day and night differences between the Jaguars approach to our defense and the Vikings approach. It will be clear that quick, short routes will be key.

It almost appeared that the Vikings had a set offense and didn't make any adjustments. They just ran their base offense against the Colts.

Darnold is not a bad QB. He's got an uphill battle though with all the WRs out, a bad an injured OL, etc., but he's capable of hitting guys short. If we make him look like a surgeon, I'm going to start a Fire Flus thread. I hope not, cause I like Flus, but just getting tired of the same old stuff. Thought (and still hope) that things would change after getting our 3T.

• Like 2

I'm wishing and hoping that the flashes we saw from Blackmon last week turn into a repeat of what we saw from Leonard his rookie season.  The natural instincts and talent level seem eerily similar.  If so our defense would be top tier for sure.  

5 hours ago, Myles said:

Outside of Payton, Singletary and Dent, I hated that team.    

Yeah the Bears won in spite of Ditka. The players paid little attention to him as a head coach.. 

Buddy Ryan was more looked at as the head coach than Ditka was. 

Ditka did show the whole football world what he was about with the Saints. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Flash7 said:

Do we have the coaching?

Hmmmmmm.....u sure we have the talent? This defence is basically the same as last year and they were horrible. Yes, they added Buckner and they r hoping he is the final piece. Thwir player are a year older so thay may help. Listen, they can win their next 6 in a row and I will not be impressed. I am waiting till they play the meat of their schedule before i get excited about this defence.

• Confused 1
11 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hmmmmmm.....u sure we have the talent? This defence is basically the same as last year and they were horrible. Yes, they added Buckner and they r hoping he is the final piece. Thwir player are a year older so thay may help. Listen, they can win their next 6 in a row and I will not be impressed. I am waiting till they play the meat of their schedule before i get excited about this defence.

Cmon MJ. The Colts could win 2 or 3 super bowls and you would find fault. 

:sarcasm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, Myles said:

Outside of Payton, Singletary and Dent, I hated that team.    

They were the biggest thing since cold beer in the eyes of the media during the years surrounding the 85 SB. There were a million stories and jokes about that team. They were and still are the Wild Bunch of pro football. 

14 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah the Bears won in spite of Ditka. The players paid little attention to him as a head coach.. 

Buddy Ryan was more looked at as the head coach than Ditka was. 

Ditka did show the whole football world what he was about with the Saints. 

Ryan was never looked at as the head coach and was a flop as a HC after he left. He proved he was a jerk in Houston.

20 hours ago, King Colt said:

No team will ever be the 85 Bears.

Exactly; '85 Bears.....LOL....

Until they play an upper tier, NFL offense, the hyperbole re the Colts D

should probably be tempered a bit.

21 hours ago, King Colt said:

No team will ever be the 85 Bears.

38 minutes ago, indykmj said:

Exactly; '85 Bears.....LOL....

Until they play an upper tier, NFL offense, the hyperbole re the Colts D

should probably be tempered a bit.

I hope you both took my "85 Bears" comments as sarcasm (I even LOL'd in the title). 

I created this thread to poke fun of some, who might think we're worldbeaters right now. 

That's why I pointed out we've played, and will play some awful OLs and Os.

Just trying to get ahead of all the "Our D is #1", and "Ballard is a genius" threads, coming in the next couple weeks.