Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Outside of QB Your Top 5 or 6 Best Skilled Position Players Over the Years

Whenever a "Ballard is a genius" threads pop up, it compels me to take a look back over the Grigson years and into the Polian years.  Not a GM comparison or fodder for debate , just an overall look of the landscape from where we've been, what we've been through, and where we are over about the past 20 years.  Got me thinking about the depth/talent at the skilled positions the Colts have had and I immediately began to rank my top 5 or 6 at RB, WR, and TE over the years.  Going back to no specific year, just a time well into the Polian or Manning Years.   

My ranking is not stat based, since stat accumulation can be about many factors.  Its about overall competence in many aspects of their position when watching them play. While not stat based, my overall sense of their production over their tenure is a factor, not just talent. Injuries play a part, but I'm ranking them based upon all around skill and talent aside from injury problems.  What's your rankings?

RBs: 

Edgerrin James

Vic Ballard

Ahmad Bradshaw

Joe Addai

Frank Gore

Dominic Rhodes

Marlon Mack

TE: 

Dallas Clark

Jack Doyle

Coby Fleener/Dwayne Allen (Tie)

Eric Ebron

WRs:

Marvin

Reggie

TY

Hmmm, I'm stuck.  Not kidding. (Maybe Stokely or Collie?)

9 hours ago, DougDew said:

Whenever a "Ballard is a genius" threads pop up, it compels me to take a look back over the Grigson years and into the Polian years.  Not a GM comparison or fodder for debate , just an overall look of the landscape from where we've been, what we've been through, and where we are over about the past 20 years.  Got me thinking about the depth/talent at the skilled positions the Colts have had and I immediately began to rank my top 5 or 6 at RB, WR, and TE over the years.  Going back to no specific year, just a time well into the Polian or Manning Years.   

My ranking is not stat based, since stat accumulation can be about many factors.  Its about overall competence in many aspects of their position when watching them play. While not stat based, my overall sense of their production over their tenure is a factor, not just talent. Injuries play a part, but I'm ranking them based upon all around skill and talent aside from injury problems.  What's your rankings?

RBs: 

Edgerrin James

Vic Ballard

Ahmad Bradshaw

Joe Addai

Frank Gore

Dominic Rhodes

Marlon Mack

TE: 

Dallas Clark

Jack Doyle

Coby Fleener/Dwayne Allen (Tie)

Eric Ebron

WRs:

Marvin

Reggie

TY

Hmmm, I'm stuck.  Not kidding. (Maybe Stokely or Collie?)

Faulk??