Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Happened With Ryan Leaf And Tim Couch?

bap1331

Moving on to someone like Luck makes me think of the possibility his career will flop. I feel good about Luck though because it is all about work ethic. Did Ryan Leaf and Tim Couch just not apply themselves?

I remember that when they talked about when Peyton and Ryan were interviewed, they asked them both, "What are you gonna do when you get your NFL contract?"

Peyton replied getting to work right away while Leaf said, going to vegas and celebrating.

Polian said that Leaf missed his meeting with the Colts. Peyton came in and asked if he could ask a few questions first and then proceeded to take his notebook out and ask 2 hours worth of questions.

I didn't know that haha. That's a funny story! Typical Peyton...."so what's your offensive attack if the defense's main CB had bacon and eggs for breakfast, but a vegetarian lunch? Alright, and what if he wears black cleats?"

Dom Rhodes played with both Jamarcus and Peyton and said in team meetings, Peyton would go into it with a notebook and come out of the meeting with the notebook looking like a 3 year old got to it with a pen. There was writing all over it. Jamarcus slept in team meetings

Leaf liked beer more than playing Ball, I mean that makes sense to me, but I can't imagine wasting that ability.

He was arrested for stealing pain killers from the medical center at the college he worked at after his failed NFL career. Last I heard he was living at his parents house.

He was arrested for stealing pain killers from the medical center at the college he worked at after his failed NFL career. Last I heard he was living at his parents house.

But on the upside I heard he heartily endorsed the Colts choosing Andrew Luck......

Leaf was immature.

Couch excelled in an offense that didn't convert to the NFL and was never fully able to grasp an NFL offense/playbook.

Leaf actually wrote a book about his trials and tribulations and seem to have finally grown up. I've heard a number of interviews of his on various radio shows, and he seems to finally get it.

i think couch actually has arm problems..elbow, shoulder or something of the sort

He did have some arm problems but he had his issues with the game before that popped up. A lot like Heath Shuler, a foot injury ended his career, but he was struggling to make it before the foot problem.

Didn't he have a brain tumor, as well? Crazy.

He had something along those lines. Maybe a cyst, or a tumor.

he is probably one of our regular trolls :)

I think he's too busy trolling the SD boards. Funniest story about that goof was how he sprained his ankle playing flag football at a park, violating his contract, getting him released by SD and costing him millions of dollars in pre-paid bonus money he had to pay back.

Like.....seriously? How can you be so ridiculous?

Polian said that Leaf missed his meeting with the Colts. Peyton came in and asked if he could ask a few questions first and then proceeded to take his notebook out and ask 2 hours worth of questions.

Peyton's nerdiness is always laugh worthy. I just picture him in those situations, with his college combover being a complete nerd.

Saw this thread the other day and was gonna comment. He was doing radio rounds probably about 5 months ago. And he truly sounded like a changed man. Went thru a tumor and fixed his drug habits. I really liked everything he had to say and felt pretty bad for the guy.....I wake up this AM to discover he's been arrested for felony burglary and drug possession....my first thought was o that's terrible, my second thought was what a doofus, and my third got me wondering if all this Luck/RG3 debate pushed him back off the edge. Opening healed wounds, and drove him to use again. Could you imagine your name being synonymous with embarrassment on a national level, over and over again? I'm willing to bet this new QB debate is the root of his relapse. Tough break.

Saw this thread the other day and was gonna comment. He was doing radio rounds probably about 5 months ago. And he truly sounded like a changed man. Went thru a tumor and fixed his drug habits. I really liked everything he had to say and felt pretty bad for the guy.....I wake up this AM to discover he's been arrested for felony burglary and drug possession....my first thought was o that's terrible, my second thought was what a doofus, and my third got me wondering if all this Luck/RG3 debate pushed him back off the edge. Opening healed wounds, and drove him to use again. Could you imagine your name being synonymous with embarrassment on a national level, over and over again? I'm willing to bet this new QB debate is the root of his relapse. Tough break.

Kind of a stretch IMO......I would think it falls under the "once a addict, always an addict" category.

That was actually more impressive than his NFL career. Perhaps he should pursue a career as an animated character steeped in self deprecating humor?

If that mop sucks as much as him, there wouldn't be a spot left on the floor.