Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

When the state moves to stage 5 on the 26th it was stated indoor and outdoor venues can be opened at full capacity. NFL will probably say no to that, but realistically do you think we will see around 20,000 fans per game after the second home game?

We shall see, Marion county has lagged behind the state in opening up (makes sense they have the most people), and the city and county health board have to make a decision with the Colts.

FWIW the motor speedway which is outdoors and much bigger with more spaces to spread out is aloud 10,000 fans for races on the 2nd and 3rd.

On 1070 the Fan today, they were discussing this and media people who were at the game last week said that the stadium could accommodate 15-20 thousand and still maintain social distancing. Probably too late to extend occupancy for this week... But for Cincinnati good possibility, especially since INDY easing constraints.

We will see.

It's so odd to see the US in general easing on the corona restrictions when it is worse than it is here, and we are about to tighten restrictions even more here in the UK for the next 6 months.

Not saying it is right or wrong.... just odd that the approach is so vastly different.

• Like 4

Id imagine they will let in the same amount as last time, maybe a little bit more. I don't think anyone wants to take a chance and be known as the stadium that blew up COVID-19 again and sets off a huge 2nd wave. lol

The Speedway went from an announced 50% capacity limit in June to 25% in July.  That was not because of a health mandate I don't believe but because that is all the responses they could get in their survey.  Lots of reasons for that I am sure but one of them is people not wanting to take the risk yet.

I have to imagine the same holds true for Colts games.  They can say they will be open at full capacity but if they get 20K in the building, I would be shocked.  I am a season ticket holder and going to an indoor place with 15-20K people screaming (filling the air with droplets) is not too appealing.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Chucklez said:

It's so odd to see the US in general easing on the corona restrictions when it is worse than it is here, and we are about to tighten restrictions even more here in the UK for the next 6 months.

Not saying it is right or wrong.... just odd that the approach is so vastly different.

Not much of anything makes sense about America's covid response.  Feels like  you're living in the twilight zone.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Chucklez said:

Try the Portland area in Oregon. We are still at stage 1, and our cases are very low. 

On 9/24/2020 at 10:46 AM, jskinnz said:

I have to imagine the same holds true for Colts games.  They can say they will be open at full capacity but if they get 20K in the building, I would be shocked

Yeah there were tickets put on sale to the general public for the Jets game and they are still available

I got an email from one of the services I've bought through . They said Jets Tix from 43 bucks.  I said no way.

Now I know it's the friggin Jets but we bought 4 tix the 5th row of 635 for 210 fees included.

Couldn't believe it.  Thought prices would be sky high. 

So my family are going this weekend, some of you guys might want to look into it.

• Like 1