Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Game 3: Jets @ Colts - Stats, Personnel, Injuries, Comments

EastStreet

41 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Decent quick hit from ESPN below. Under bold prediction, I'm going to go with Autry leading the team in sacks tomorrow (unless the swap sides with him and Houston)

Very depressing (stat about TY). Hope he rocks it tomorrow and ends that streak.

From ESPN

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/viewersguide09252020/nfl-week-3-game-picks-schedule-guide-fantasy-football-tips-odds-injuries-more#nyjind

Interesting thought. Do you line Houston up against the rookie behemoth or the 2nd stringer? I feel like Houston's technical prowess would give him the edge against a physically superior Becton, where Autry may struggle a bit against him. Regardless, I can see our DL feasting tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, Shive said:

Interesting thought. Do you line Houston up against the rookie behemoth or the 2nd stringer? I feel like Houston's technical prowess would give him the edge against a physically superior Becton, where Autry may struggle a bit against him. Regardless, I can see our DL feasting tomorrow. 

I think you're right. Autry has been playing very well though, so IDK. Autry is bigger (taller and heavier) than Houston, but I tend to agree he's better technically and may fair better. Pretty sure Houston is stronger and faster too. If memory serves, Autry has played a few more snaps than Houston each game, which surprised me a bit. I knew Autry might float between DT and DE picking up higher than thought snaps, but just thought Houston would be on the field more. Also surprised Becton is grading out as high as he is this early (he's around 80).

Also keep in mind though that Becton was on the injury list and LP 2 of 3 practices with a bum shoulder. Doubt he's 100%. And prior to that, was LP due to a bum knee. I think we should have Buckner and a DE sandwich him a couple times to kick the game off lol. 

But yes, we should feast.

On 9/24/2020 at 9:32 PM, EastStreet said:

The only element that "might" struggle is our running game, but I don't think that will happen either. Our pass O, pass D, and rush D should all dominate. My fear is we come out with a very conservative game plan, playing soft zone, and trying to not pass. 

I think Reich knows the importance of coming out the gate hot against a team most teams would look past. The offense has struggled in the red zone so far in 2020 which needs to change today. The Colts need to come out and put the Jets behind early by being able to score multiple touchdowns while allowing their D to continue where they left off last week. I honestly think the Colts will come out throwing the ball on their first couple of positions and once they build a comfortable lead they will control the clock with Taylor and Wilkins.

3 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

I think Reich knows the importance of coming out the gate hot against a team most teams would look past. The offense has struggled in the red zone so far in 2020 which needs to change today. The Colts need to come out and put the Jets behind early by being able to score multiple touchdowns while allowing their D to continue where they left off last week. I honestly think the Colts will come out throwing the ball on their first couple of positions and once they build a comfortable lead they will control the clock with Taylor and Wilkins.

Yep. I'd be more than happy with that. Some passing early will set the tone, and I just hope our coverage doesn't revert back to Charmin. I know we don't want to show all that much vs a team like the Jets, but need to work out some of the kinks on O before we play Chicago, and some of the kinks on D before we play Cleveland.

Bangou set for his first sack of the season today, look for Buckner to give former Colts backup center Josh Andrews who is starting today fits all day long. I expect former Colts corner Desir to be shadowing T.Y. while Quincy Wilson and Nate Hairston line up on Pittman and Pascal.....

Counting 8 former Colts likely to see a lot of playing time 1 more is on I.R. while 2 more are stashed on P.S.

7 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Bangou set for his first sack of the season today, look for Buckner to give former Colts backup center Josh Andrews who is starting today fits all day long. I expect former Colts corner Desir to be shadowing T.Y. while Quincy Wilson and Nate Hairston line up on Pittman and Pascal.....

Counting 8 former Colts likely to see a lot of playing time 1 more is on I.R. while 2 more are stashed on P.S.

Wilson is out, and Hairston is questionable IIRC.

Ben got a hurry/pressure last week, was so close. He should feast with the rest today.

TY is well overdue to break his non-100 streak. Hate to see Desir be the victim lol.

Bummer, was hopping Patmon might dress today.

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

Jets' inactives: QB Joe Flacco, QB James Morgan, RT George Fant, WR Jamison Crowder, WR Breshad Perriman, S Ashtyn Davis and CB Quincy Wilson. Analysis: WR Braxton Berrios (hamstring) and C Connor McGovern (hamstring) are active.

No surprises with the Colts inactives: CB-Rock Ya-Sin QB-Jacob Eason DT-Eli Ankou WR-Dezmon Patmon

Archived