Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• No big deal brother, you can always message me I am here. I have had a bad month overall in some ways. 
    • Fair enough.   Incredibly tired.   Horrible night's sleep last night.    Dragging around some baggage.    Sorry I took it out on you.  
    • Lets say we play Eason and we don't know much about him so I am not bashing the guy. What do you think our record would be? I said 7-9 which is probably pretty accurate unless he is just stunningly good. At this point Ballard isn't even sure if he would be a great backup.
    • Zib?    Bowen doesn't have "sources".    He says this is mostly his interpretation of the events.  He says he's connecting the dots.   What makes the most sense to him.    He never once said someone told me.    The closest things he said to sources is that he's heard "chatter".   I wouldn't call that sources.     I'm not knocking Bowen.    I think he makes a very strong case for connecting the dots based on the timing of events, plus what went down in the last few weeks and what we all thought might happen.      But if he had this as a "scoop" and had "sources,  there's no way he buries this in the middle of an hour long podcast and never teased that he had the inside scoop on what went down with Phillip Rivers and the Colts.   That would be journalistic malpractice.   
    • OK.....   Found it.   There's a section, roughly 11:30 minutes long.   It runs from approx 35:00 to approx 46:30.   Kevin almost downplays that he he has sources,  says he's heard talk,  but he makes a very strong and compelling case where he connects the dots.     And the dots seem to connect.   Dodds interviews for the Detroit job.   Somewhere in that talk,  the Lions likely share that Stafford wants to move on.  And the Lions will look to trade him.    That there's no way that Rivers would retire after talking up wanting to come back,  after recently moving his family to Indy, and his kids have been enrolled in exclusive schools in the area,  and then turn around and suddenly hang 'em up.    That Indy wanted to treat Rivers with respect and likely said to him that he can handle his retirement any way he wants,  and the colts will support that.    Kevin says Indy fans should feel good if this is true,  because to him it signals that Indy and Ballard have a plan.   He also turns around and says if the trade for Stafford doesn't work out,  then he hopes they can trade up and draft their QB of the future.   That things will get difficult for the Colts if the Stafford deal doesn't happen,  the Colts situation suddenly looks much more difficult.   Kevin clearly says this is his interpretation of the events.   I think he makes a strong argument.   But he does not cite sources.  He didn't get an inside tip.   But this is how he thinks the scenario played out.   Go listen to the passage.   See what you think.  
  • Members