Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton calls out the Patriots on MNF

18to87

https://sports.yahoo.com/peyton-manning-trolls-patriots-and-their-history-of-cheating-on-mnf-172847296.html

“As soon as the runner’s tackled, you’re able to hear the play-caller talking to the quarterback’s ear. He has until 15 seconds on the play clock, and then somebody cuts the line. Now, certain teams, maybe in the Northeast, they don’t cut their lines, they actually let it go all the way to zero seconds.”

Probably pay back for the RCA Dome comments that Brady made not long ago...

1 hour ago, 18to87 said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/peyton-manning-trolls-patriots-and-their-history-of-cheating-on-mnf-172847296.html

“As soon as the runner’s tackled, you’re able to hear the play-caller talking to the quarterback’s ear. He has until 15 seconds on the play clock, and then somebody cuts the line. Now, certain teams, maybe in the Northeast, they don’t cut their lines, they actually let it go all the way to zero seconds.”

LOL. I love Peyton. Sure do miss him.

From 2003-2006 we could've 4-Peated, that is how great we were. Take the Patriots and Steelers out of the equation we would've. The NFC had nothing on the AFC in those 4 seasons. The AFC was loaded in those years, not to mention the Ravens and Chargers in 2006 too. At least we won one in 2006 so the naysayers had to shut up. Counting the playoffs in 2006, we were 10-0 at home. Nobody could beat us in that dome baby!

2 hours ago, 18to87 said:

I hope so too. Dungy has a lot more to say on it as well. 

As does Tom Moore. Peyton been changing plays at LOS since he was in pee wee league. One of those playoff games vs the cheaters, I think one where Rodney Harrison had like 3 interceptions,  Tom Moore got instructions to tell Peyton just before kickoff "whatever play we send in, you run that play. No Audibles ". 

Pat's defense was all over colts plays that day. As if they knew what plays the colts called. 

At the time that was biggest game in peyton's career, oneof biggest in indy for colts. And peyton not allowed do what he does best, read defenses at line of scrimmage and audible to a better play. 

The power & length of their corruption was amazing & disgusting. 

Peyton said after the game he was told no Audibles,  run the play we send in.

15 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

As does Tom Moore. Peyton been changing plays at LOS since he was in pee wee league. One of those playoff games vs the cheaters, I think one where Rodney Harrison had like 3 interceptions,  Tom Moore got instructions to tell Peyton just before kickoff "whatever play we send in, you run that play. No Audibles ". 

Pat's defense was all over colts plays that day. As if they knew what plays the colts called. 

At the time that was biggest game in peyton's career, oneof biggest in indy for colts. And peyton not allowed do what he does best, read defenses at line of scrimmage and audible to a better play. 

The power & length of their corruption was amazing & disgusting. 

Peyton said after the game he was told no Audibles,  run the play we send in.

Yes, I remember that, and after that they started doing sweeps for bugs in the locker room. 

1 hour ago, 18to87 said:

Yes, I remember that, and after that they started doing sweeps for bugs in the locker room. 

Yes, but the sweeps for bugs in the locker room don't  explain why peyton's hands were tied at the line of scrimmage (not allowed to call audibles and ordered to run the play that was sent in).

19 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yes, but the sweeps for bugs in the locker room don't  explain why peyton's hands were tied at the line of scrimmage (not allowed to call audibles and ordered to run the play that was sent in).

Why in the world would any coach tell Peyton Manning in his prime "No Audibles" for the entire game. 

25 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Why in the world would any coach tell Peyton Manning in his prime "No Audibles" for the entire game. 

I don't know about that one... but this was the playoffs of the 2003 season, Manning was at the very beginning of his stretch of dominance over the league. Dungy was also a very conservative head coach, even for 2003. Can't imagine any coach giving these instructions in 2020, but the league has become a lot more progressive in a relatively short period of time. 

It was two years later in the playoffs against the Steelers when PM had to shoo the punt team off the field for a 4th down play. We all remember the visual. But I decided to look up the play by play. It was 21-3, Steelers, and that 4th down play was the last play of the 3rd quarter, ball at the Indy 36. It's hard to imagine any coach punting in that situation right now, especially with a QB who just won MVP by throwing 49 TDs the previous season. But Dungy's reflex was to punt, and it took PM, back to back MVP winner, QB of a team that started the season 13-0, to convince Dungy to let the offense go for it. Dungy mouthed his response: "It's on you." 

My point is that it wouldn't surprise me to find out that Dungy wasn't a fan of PM having so much control at the line of scrimmage, especially back in 2003/2004, on the road, AFFCG. 

That can all be true @Superman but doesn't take away from the fact that the Patriots were likely at the top of their game regarding signal stealing and other shenanigans during those playoff games.

Taking Peyton's audible power away in the biggest game of his career was almost guaranteed to lead to a poor performance. The coaches must have thought it was worth the risk. 

4 minutes ago, 18to87 said:

That can all be true @Superman but doesn't take away from the fact that the Patriots were likely at the top of their game regarding signal stealing and other shenanigans during those playoff games.

Taking Peyton's audible power away in the biggest game of his career was almost guaranteed to lead to a poor performance. The coaches must have thought it was worth the risk. 

Had the Patriots been accused of anything serious to that point? Had they been found guilty? Just from my recollection, I think the answer is no. Spygate didn't become common knowledge until 2007. Maybe teams/coaches had complained about the Pats to that point, but I don't know if there's a specific link to be made between these two things.

And I'm not defending the Pats, nor am I defending a decision to handcuff PM in a playoff game. I'm saying a) I don't know how accurate that story is about PM being told not to audible (maybe it's true, but I don't know if we have confirmation at this point), and b) I'm still not that surprised to hear that even PM would be limited by a conservative coaching staff back in 2003. 

4 hours ago, Superman said:

I don't know about that one... but this was the playoffs of the 2003 season, Manning was at the very beginning of his stretch of dominance over the league. Dungy was also a very conservative head coach, even for 2003. Can't imagine any coach giving these instructions in 2020, but the league has become a lot more progressive in a relatively short period of time. 

It was two years later in the playoffs against the Steelers when PM had to shoo the punt team off the field for a 4th down play. We all remember the visual. But I decided to look up the play by play. It was 21-3, Steelers, and that 4th down play was the last play of the 3rd quarter, ball at the Indy 36. It's hard to imagine any coach punting in that situation right now, especially with a QB who just won MVP by throwing 49 TDs the previous season. But Dungy's reflex was to punt, and it took PM, back to back MVP winner, QB of a team that started the season 13-0, to convince Dungy to let the offense go for it. Dungy mouthed his response: "It's on you." 

My point is that it wouldn't surprise me to find out that Dungy wasn't a fan of PM having so much control at the line of scrimmage, especially back in 2003/2004, on the road, AFFCG. 

Honestly that last line is silly. What good coach does?

On 9/22/2020 at 6:32 PM, 18to87 said:

Good for Peyton. I’m sick of Brady’s constant petty swipes at the Colts.  There is a lot our former Colts could say about that organization but usually don’t. 

18 hours ago, Superman said:

Good points. The game has changed so much over the past 15-20 years. Another point to consider, the Patriots defense was also at its best during those years so perhaps Dungy wanted to stay on script. Also I would imagine teams knowing audibles is fairly common as everyone studies tape and hears the QB calling out the audible. There are also hand signs to communicate as well. I remember Peyton doing a ton of that over his career. Not sure if he did any in 2003 in that specific game. I would have to go back and watch it.

On 9/22/2020 at 9:16 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I'm sure peyton can say plenty more of the cheaters as they cost us and him several super bowls. 

I hope one day it all comes out. Lol

Peyton’s own ability to choke in the playoffs sunk him more times than not.

if I recall , the Steelers also stopped the Colts a number of times.

And LOL at the amount of real estate that the Patriots still own in your heads.

Signal stealing?

what idiocy. 

1 hour ago, NFLUp said:

Peyton’s own ability to choke in the playoffs sunk him more times than not.

if I recall , the Steelers also stopped the Colts a number of times.

And LOL at the amount of real estate that the Patriots still own in your heads.

Signal stealing?

what 

Yes, peyton's worst games were in the playoffs.  Not just against the cheaters, and Steelers but the chargers dominated us in playoffs too.

However,  if anyone really thinks the Patriots successes were legitimate that's pure idiocracy. 

Archived