Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Michael Pittman Jr game day vlog

I was confused about the hotel thing also. At first I thought maybe they go for a team meeting but why wouldn’t they do that at the facility. Has to be covid but still strange that they do that. One night isn’t going to make a difference.

On 9/23/2020 at 1:17 PM, Rackeen305 said:

All I'm saying is, many people didn't want players named AB, or Newton (base salary approx $1 million) because of "character concerns" yes or no?

All I'm saying is, it's not "Colt like" for this vlogging going on. Especially if the player hasn't shown anything on the field.

Excuses starting in 5-4-3-2-1. 

You're reaching. 

Not wanting a player because of a character concern isn't the same thing as someone with a youtube channel, unless you're saying anyone who is on YouTube or the like, has character concerns? 

Just stop it. You're being obnoxious. 

22 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

You're reaching. 

Not wanting a player because of a character concern isn't the same thing as someone with a youtube channel, unless you're saying anyone who is on YouTube or the like, has character concerns? 

Just stop it. You're being obnoxious. 

Np. If OBJ, AB, Josh Gordon were to film around the team and was not productive. Tell me you wouldn't have a problem with that, especially if the player hasn't produced as a rookie... You stop it because the min cam wears a hat, or does anything close to Pittman, people like you always seem to attack his character and say things like "HE DOESN'T FIT OUR CULTURE". Let Cam put out a video or Dak Prescott put out a video and are not productive. 

So you stop it. The hypocrisy is real around here.

3 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

No I made a comparison of AB on field performance to Pittman on field performance. Which hasn't been much, although the rookie finds time to vlog.

If any other WR did this (Vlog) and didn't perform, everyone including you would call him out. So stop it.

Wow.. let me tell you something. MP got nearly 1/3 of the yards already that AB got hes entire rookie season.. and that was with a team that went to the suberbowl. MP got Rivers at age 38 with no preseason.. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Np. If OBJ, AB, Josh Gordon were to film around the team and was not productive. Tell me you wouldn't have a problem with that, especially if the player hasn't produced as a rookie...

Have you watched even ONE of his videos? His gameday vlog is him leaving home, on the way to the game, his girlfriend during the game, then maybe him again after the game. He's not filming in the locker room or around the team. Please take a moment to actually familiarize yourself with the subject of your outrage before you start spouting nonsense.

• Like 1

Just like when I said the Colts should have signed Newton instead of Rivers, You and Superman amongst others called me out for making a "ridiculous" assertion.

Stop lying about me.

On another topic in this thread....in college the players always spend the night before a game in a hotel.  Is it not also protocol in the NFL?

We had a player kicked off the team a few years back for sneaking a girl into his room the night before a game at the hotel.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, 1USCTrojan said:

On another topic in this thread....in college the players always spend the night before a game in a hotel.  Is it not also protocol in the NFL?

As far as I know without googling it, all teams in the NFL do this

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I was confused about the hotel thing also. At first I thought maybe they go for a team meeting but why wouldn’t they do that at the facility. Has to be covid but still strange that they do that. One night isn’t going to make a difference.

they always stay at a local hotel the night before a home game. Been this way for years. 
I think most teams do it

• Like 1

Mod Note:

All off-topic posts about other unrelated players have been removed. This thread is about Pittman and his gameday vlog, so please keep discussions at least relevant to the topic.

• Thanks 3

Np. If OBJ, AB, Josh Gordon were to film around the team and was not productive. Tell me you wouldn't have a problem with that, especially if the player hasn't produced as a rookie... You stop it because the min cam wears a hat, or does anything close to Pittman, people like you always seem to attack his character and say things like "HE DOESN'T FIT OUR CULTURE". Let Cam put out a video or Dak Prescott put out a video and are not productive. 

So you stop it. The hypocrisy is real around here.

Youre going around pointing fingers at people who haven't said anything about anyone in particular because? Because a few people don't care for the likes of Cam? AB? You keep picking the players who have mega egos in the NFL and are comparing it to a guy, wait, no, its him and his gf of 7+ years. Basically his wife at this point. 

Are you saying a man shouldn't pursue making videos with his significant other? Showing our children what a strong couple who works together does? 

Sounds more to me like a good example if anything. 

Its all my opinion. Oh, and very few around here have issues with team players, which is what he's doing with his gf. Being a team player. 

Again youre reaching and youre calling me a hypocrite and have nothing to back that up. 

Im an aspiring streamer/youtuber. I dont have any issues with it whether you like that or not. 

No. Youre a fool. 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

IDK maybe . . . 

This has been SOP for teams for years.

It promotes team cohesion, eliminates possible pregame incidents.  They have final positional meetings and go through last pregame walkthroughs.

I've read and heard about this for years. Plus they get some good pregame team comradery.

• Like 1

One last thing to add, before I leave you folks alone, another point for consideration.

It takes guts to put yourself out there, face a life long stuttering problem head on by speaking in front of large audiences when so much effort is involved to just speak.  

Takes guts, and considering the school he chose, in the city it’s in, he took up that challenge before he was even out of HS.

Good luck folks, hope our guy is who you were looking for, on and off the field. ✌️ 

• Like 3

I for one, enjoy their videos....

They seem like a sweet couple of kids and seeing their journey through the draft process and NFL life as a young couple has been interesting and a little bit of much needed fun.... especially these days.

I have ZERO problem with it.

• Like 1

He is not the the first Colts player to have a Vlog. A couple of years ago, the Colts signed WR Rodney Adams. There was at least one prominent Colts fan who said that he did not like that a player is doing vlogs. I think the difference here is that Pittman was drafted high by the Colts. Adams was cut a couple months after being signed.

I don't see why anyone would have a problem with vlogs. But I am pretty open to letting folks do as they please so long as they are not breaking rules and laws. :thmup:

• Like 1