Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

More Wolverines is always a good thing.

Sure...better for injuries but we can make a list of Michigan draft busts not named Tom Brady and Charles Woodson.

At this point give me the small school guys. Look at the guys from Alabama and OSU they just seem to be broken down by the time they make the league. Used up too much wear and tear. Maybe those smaller school guys don’t get beat up in practice and tough competition over the years and are fresher.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Sure...better for injuries but we can make a list of Michigan draft busts not named Tom Brady and Charles Woodson.

At this point give me the small school guys. Look at the guys from Alabama and OSU they just seem to be broken down by the time they make the league. Used up too much wear and tear. Maybe those smaller school guys don’t get beat up in practice and tough competition over the years and are fresher.

Zeke, Ted Ginn, Micheal Thomas, Orlando Pace, Nick Mangold, Mike Nugent, and a couple dozen others beg to differ.   

15 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Zeke, Ted Ginn, Micheal Thomas, Orlando Pace, Nick Mangold, Mike Nugent, and a couple dozen others beg to differ.   

Stop making sense.  So funny reading the "don't take players from this school" posts.  As if these guys are genetically linked because they went to the same school.........or ARE they?  Hey, I like a good conspiracy theory!

BTW, you can add ol Cris Carter to that list.  He had a "pretty good" career.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Sure OSU and Alabama etc have lots of stars over the years...they put tons of guys in the league. I think we were all just saying we have been snake bitten with them. Kinda tongue in cheek....it’s a little disturbing though how many for us have had injury issues. Maybe because we take a ton of B1G school players being in the Midwest but it’s definitely getting old. That said I still wouldn’t turn down Chase Young or any top player from OSU...just we have terrible luck.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Sure OSU and Alabama etc have lots of stars over the years...they put tons of guys in the league. I think we were all just saying we have been snake bitten with them. Kinda tongue in cheek....it’s a little disturbing though how many for us have had injury issues. Maybe because we take a ton of B1G school players being in the Midwest but it’s definitely getting old. That said I still wouldn’t turn down Chase Young or any top player from OSU...just we have terrible luck.

Yeah Chase Young looks........good.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Stop making sense.  So funny reading the "don't take players from this school" posts.  As if these guys are genetically linked because they went to the same school.........or ARE they?  Hey, I like a good conspiracy theory!

BTW, you can add ol Cris Carter to that list.  He had a "pretty good" career.

I’m pretty sure we all mean it as a joke...but some college coaches just seem to send used goods to the NFL. Take Alabama lineman and linebackers for example. Too often Saban gets all he can out of them and then they come to the league already used up physically it seems. Conspiracy maybe...but I can see where it comes from.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’m pretty sure we all mean it as a joke...but some college coaches just seem to send used goods to the NFL. Take Alabama lineman and linebackers for example. Too often Saban gets all he can out of them and then they come to the league already used up physically it seems. Conspiracy maybe...but I can see where it comes from.

In fairness, likely has to do with the fact that the Big 10 and SEC are easily the most physical of the P5s. Also factor in that both schools get a good % of the 5 star guys that could end up starting early, putting more miles on the tread. 

Same concern with a guy like Taylor from Wiscy. Really hope the tires have miles left on them.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Got that, but as far as Malik, I think he only played for two years, and was never really injured at OSU.  

And I don’t think Parris ever missed a game in college.  Receivers aren’t like RBs or D players.  They’re not in a ton of plays where they’re getting smashed.  OSU usually has so many great WRs, they don’t have to feature one guy.  

Sometimes stuff happens, and it doesn’t matter where you played your college ball.  

10 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Got that, but as far as Malik, I think he only played for two years, and was never really injured at OSU.  

he did get hurt in college, put off surgery until after the season 

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

What's the common denominator of our two big injuries this week?

(Malik Hooker and Parris Campbell)

Every time we draft a Buckeye, they're cursed from day one.

Just sayin.

I have been a colt fan since 1975.  This is so true...From Art Schlichter -Anthony Gonzalez and Now Hooker and Campbell. This schools draft picks have never worked out in a colts uniform for the most part.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Smonroe said:

And I don’t think Parris ever missed a game in college.  Receivers aren’t like RBs or D players.  They’re not in a ton of plays where they’re getting smashed.  OSU usually has so many great WRs, they don’t have to feature one guy.  

Sometimes stuff happens, and it doesn’t matter where you played your college ball.  

Actually, that was the concern with him coming into the league.  He was seen as fragile and that is probably why he slid to #15. Ballard took a chance and it didnt work out

Co-incidentally, it was a Jags player that took Malik Hooker's knee out in his rookie season and a Jags player that took Parris Campbell's knee out last game. Blame the Jags!!! :) 

Jaguars hunt Buckeyes, it looks like!!!

7 hours ago, Shive said:

Yep, torn ACL.

There were so many season-ending injuries to prominent players this past weekend. :(I believe that not having offseason practice may have contributed to some of these injuries we are seeing.