Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

More Wolverines is always a good thing.

Sure...better for injuries but we can make a list of Michigan draft busts not named Tom Brady and Charles Woodson.

At this point give me the small school guys. Look at the guys from Alabama and OSU they just seem to be broken down by the time they make the league. Used up too much wear and tear. Maybe those smaller school guys don’t get beat up in practice and tough competition over the years and are fresher.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Sure...better for injuries but we can make a list of Michigan draft busts not named Tom Brady and Charles Woodson.

At this point give me the small school guys. Look at the guys from Alabama and OSU they just seem to be broken down by the time they make the league. Used up too much wear and tear. Maybe those smaller school guys don’t get beat up in practice and tough competition over the years and are fresher.


Zeke, Ted Ginn, Micheal Thomas, Orlando Pace, Nick Mangold, Mike Nugent, and a couple dozen others beg to differ.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Smonroe said:


Zeke, Ted Ginn, Micheal Thomas, Orlando Pace, Nick Mangold, Mike Nugent, and a couple dozen others beg to differ.   

Stop making sense.  So funny reading the "don't take players from this school" posts.  As if these guys are genetically linked because they went to the same school.........or ARE they?  Hey, I like a good conspiracy theory!

 

BTW, you can add ol Cris Carter to that list.  He had a "pretty good" career.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Smonroe said:


Zeke, Ted Ginn, Micheal Thomas, Orlando Pace, Nick Mangold, Mike Nugent, and a couple dozen others beg to differ.   

Sure OSU and Alabama etc have lots of stars over the years...they put tons of guys in the league. I think we were all just saying we have been snake bitten with them. Kinda tongue in cheek....it’s a little disturbing though how many for us have had injury issues. Maybe because we take a ton of B1G school players being in the Midwest but it’s definitely getting old. That said I still wouldn’t turn down Chase Young or any top player from OSU...just we have terrible luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Sure OSU and Alabama etc have lots of stars over the years...they put tons of guys in the league. I think we were all just saying we have been snake bitten with them. Kinda tongue in cheek....it’s a little disturbing though how many for us have had injury issues. Maybe because we take a ton of B1G school players being in the Midwest but it’s definitely getting old. That said I still wouldn’t turn down Chase Young or any top player from OSU...just we have terrible luck.

Yeah Chase Young looks........good.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Stop making sense.  So funny reading the "don't take players from this school" posts.  As if these guys are genetically linked because they went to the same school.........or ARE they?  Hey, I like a good conspiracy theory!

 

BTW, you can add ol Cris Carter to that list.  He had a "pretty good" career.

I’m pretty sure we all mean it as a joke...but some college coaches just seem to send used goods to the NFL. Take Alabama lineman and linebackers for example. Too often Saban gets all he can out of them and then they come to the league already used up physically it seems. Conspiracy maybe...but I can see where it comes from.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’m pretty sure we all mean it as a joke...but some college coaches just seem to send used goods to the NFL. Take Alabama lineman and linebackers for example. Too often Saban gets all he can out of them and then they come to the league already used up physically it seems. Conspiracy maybe...but I can see where it comes from.

In fairness, likely has to do with the fact that the Big 10 and SEC are easily the most physical of the P5s. Also factor in that both schools get a good % of the 5 star guys that could end up starting early, putting more miles on the tread. 

 

Same concern with a guy like Taylor from Wiscy. Really hope the tires have miles left on them.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I’m pretty sure we all mean it as a joke...but some college coaches just seem to send used goods to the NFL. Take Alabama lineman and linebackers for example. Too often Saban gets all he can out of them and then they come to the league already used up physically it seems. Conspiracy maybe...but I can see where it comes from.


Got that, but as far as Malik, I think he only played for two years, and was never really injured at OSU.  
 

And I don’t think Parris ever missed a game in college.  Receivers aren’t like RBs or D players.  They’re not in a ton of plays where they’re getting smashed.  OSU usually has so many great WRs, they don’t have to feature one guy.  
 

Sometimes stuff happens, and it doesn’t matter where you played your college ball.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Smonroe said:


Got that, but as far as Malik, I think he only played for two years, and was never really injured at OSU.  
 

 

he did get hurt in college, put off surgery until after the season 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

What's the common denominator of our two big injuries this week?

(Malik Hooker and Parris Campbell)

 

Every time we draft a Buckeye, they're cursed from day one.

 

Just sayin.

I have been a colt fan since 1975.  This is so true...From Art Schlichter -Anthony Gonzalez and Now Hooker and Campbell. This schools draft picks have never worked out in a colts uniform for the most part.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Smonroe said:


Got that, but as far as Malik, I think he only played for two years, and was never really injured at OSU.  
 

And I don’t think Parris ever missed a game in college.  Receivers aren’t like RBs or D players.  They’re not in a ton of plays where they’re getting smashed.  OSU usually has so many great WRs, they don’t have to feature one guy.  
 

Sometimes stuff happens, and it doesn’t matter where you played your college ball.  

Actually, that was the concern with him coming into the league.  He was seen as fragile and that is probably why he slid to #15. Ballard took a chance and it didnt work out

Link to post
Share on other sites

Co-incidentally, it was a Jags player that took Malik Hooker's knee out in his rookie season and a Jags player that took Parris Campbell's knee out last game. Blame the Jags!!! :) 

 

Jaguars hunt Buckeyes, it looks like!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shive said:

Yep, torn ACL.

 

There were so many season-ending injuries to prominent players this past weekend. :(I believe that not having offseason practice may have contributed to some of these injuries we are seeing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Enuff wirh the Ballard rook over a decimated team. It has been 4 years. We r heading into year 5 and he have only one winning season under his belt. I agree, Luck set his plan back. However, he needs to get the qb position settled. Rivers, to me, a one year plan. They either find out if Eason is the guy or take  a bold step next year. I almost thought they should have traded their # 13 pick for more picks so they could have moved up in the 2021 qb rich draft. Ballard was intent upon getting that 3 technique to run this crap scheme. To me that is Ballard's biggest failure.  His total buy in to this defensive scheme.
    • I agree but it seems lame to be like, Hey look at us and how positive we are... **This was brought to you by Kays** /end advertisement 
    • Again.. who exactly soul their soul? #7 on the index finger.. God, I hate this
    • https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30175919/sources-antonio-brown-reaches-contract-agreement-tampa-bay-buccaneers
    • You've seen Harris on 3 targets, in one game, and all targets were +/- 5 yards of the LOS (not route running). Is that really enough to be adamant that he should be on the 53?   You've seen Dulin and Fountain mostly as decoys or rubs/clear-outs, and only 3 targets each (which they've looked good). Is that really enough to be adamant they should be sent down to the PS? Add in Dulin is a heavy STs contributor.    Harris is very raw from a small school. The reason you saw him +/- 5 from the LOS is likely because he's not skilled at routes yet. You really think the 3 targets is enough that someone will grab him? He's been back on the PS since the end of the game Sunday, and I don't think anyone has grabbed him.   You're making a lot of hard assumptions off very little input. I get it, he looks quick. But he's just a predictable gadget guy until he can run a route tree, and that doesn't really check the boxes needed to take up a WR spot. Now if he does have a good grasp of routes, I'd be all for it. If they feel he can take Dulin's STs responsibilities too, I'd be all for it.  Just seems unlikely given where he's from, the covid limited camp, and little time on the PS. If somebody does offer him, I believe we can simply match.
  • Members

    • Franklin County

      Franklin County 480

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • pgt_rob

      pgt_rob 2,465

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Fluke_33

      Fluke_33 1,929

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MTC

      MTC 6,509

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Pelt

      Pelt 683

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Trace Pyott

      Trace Pyott 296

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • EastStreet

      EastStreet 6,956

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • buccolts

      buccolts 4,939

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Solon

      Solon 582

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Chrisaaron1023

      Chrisaaron1023 1,803

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...