Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question for NFLfan

danlhart87

3 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

If the Vikings continue to struggle and end up with a top 10 pick at the end of the year what direction do you want them going?

QB?

OL?

D?

None of the above

QB -- It actually depends on the player. But if all are expected to have HoF careers, give me a QB who can play for 10-15 years.

If we keep losing, I believe we should start playing some of the young guys (guys drafted in the last 3 years). Keep Cook, Hunter, Kendricks, Harrison Smith and Thielen. All the other vets should sit or get traded. I like young teams. 

Among the OL that we have and I want to keep:

OT Brian O'Neill is the best.

C Garrett Bradbury is developing 

OT Ezra Cleveland was drafted this year. 

Pat Elflein was really good his rookie year but he has been terrible since. 

If there was a Quenton Nelson in the draft, I'd say draft OL.

Who are some of the best prospects in this year's draft?

16 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

QB -- It actually depends on the player. But if all are expected to have HoF careers, give me a QB who can play for 10-15 years.

If we keep losing, I believe we should start playing some of the young guys (guys drafted in the last 3 years). Keep Cook, Hunter, Kendricks, Harrison Smith and Thielen. All the other vets should sit or get traded. I like young teams. 

Penei Sewell is top OT but he's going top 5 

QBs are Lawrence who will also be top 3 Fields and Lance all possibly top 15

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

@stitches Who are the best QBs, OLs, and DL in next year's draft? (Does not have to be a comprehensive list.) :thanks:

Gonna be tough to really tell until this collegiate season is complete, and to even see if all the conferences end up playing or not, and if they all finish the season.  Better question to ask in January.

17 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@stitches Who are the best QBs, OLs, and DL in next year's draft? (Does not have to be a comprehensive list.) :thanks:

Unfortunately there hasn't been much meaningful college football so far so my watching has been limited too. 

From limited watching this year and some from last year, here are the QBs:

- Trevor Lawrence is looking like a complete beast early in the season... true, it's against bad competition, but even then you can see him making some awesome NFL type throws with accuracy, anticipation and great arm talent. I think he will be amazing in the league. 

- Trey Lance - very intriguing dual-threat QB from North Dakota State. Had 28 passing TDs and 0INT last year in his redshirt freshman season and ran for over 1000 yards and 10+ more rushing TDs. He might not play this year because of COVID. Interesting to see how that affects his stock in the draft.

-Justin Fields - another dual threat QB, who had great year last year. He's showing more than just athleticism too - he has the arm talent to win not just by running but also by passing the ball

- there is some hype for Brock Purdy... I watched his first game this season... wasn't impressed. IMO he's not a 1st round QB based on what I saw, BUT it's possible it was just a weird game, so I will have to watch more to be sure.

-Jamie Newman - he opted out of this season after transfering to Georgia... so... I will have to go back to last year's tape to watch him more intently.

OT: Penei Sewell - best OT coming into the draft last several years. Looks great. Prototypical size, lenght, athleticism...great technique. He has it all IMO.

DL: Gregory Rousseau(DE), raw but very athletic edge rusher.... Marvin Wilson - interior lineman with some pass-rush upside, Kwity Paye - another EDGE with insane athleticism... there are some reports that he ran the 3 cone in 6.36... this is madness if true - it would rank 2nd all time in the drill... this is for all positions and he's an EDGE who's listed at 6'4" 272lbs. 

18 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Yep, you know my opinion on QB and your QB in particular. I think he's the precise type that makes you lose tons of time trying to chase after unreachable target because he's at the same time too good to be cheap and too bad to give you competitive advantage in the playoffs. He needs a ton of things to be right for him to play really well and he takes a lot of capspace that in time will make you lose some of the talent elsewhere that makes him and/or the team look better. This is part of what seems to be happening now. You lose some talent(Diggs, Lindval Joseph, Griffen, Waynes, etc.)... IMO you should be targeting on of the top 3 QBs in the draft.

This draft it seems is actually pretty good up top QB-wise... 3 very good prospects, some others might emerge too. The WR class is pretty good too. If you keep Cousins he will need more weapons than Theilen. LB class is good... 

On 9/21/2020 at 7:10 PM, NFLfan said:

Instead of drafting a potential franchise QB, would you be interested in acquiring Brissett? I think he'll be a FA and I hear he's a good leader. haha

22 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Instead of drafting a potential franchise QB, would you be interested in acquiring Brissett? I think he'll be a FA and I hear he's a good leader. haha

Lol. Nah. I like Cousins better and I am not a big fan of his.

I want a young QB right out of the draft. I am not a fan of free agent QBs from other teams. The only player in recent memory who has been a winner with a team that did not draft him was Brees. Manning won with Denver but it was the defense that carried the team.

On 9/21/2020 at 8:19 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You would think but he is going #1 IMO, they would have to get the #1 to do so. 

Let's help the Jets get to that #1 spot with a win this weekend.  We've already helped keep the Jags from getting the 1st pick.

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

EjMhqYuVkAA9Gfe.jpeg.jpg

I'll take any QB.

@EastStreet Do you think any team would be willing to trade for Cousins? We may have to offer incentives like a mid-round pick to make the trade happen. I think I would be willing to give even a 2nd.  I thought Dallas for a 8-9 game rental. (Actually, Dalton may be more of a winning QB than Kirk. That was a good signing by Dallas.)

I'm thinking of any place to send Cousins. Any thoughts? Colts maybe? Fans here seem to like him.

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I'll take any QB.

@EastStreet Do you think any team would be willing to trade for Cousins? We may have to offer incentives like a mid-round pick to make the trade happen. I think I would be willing to give even a 2nd.  I thought Dallas for a 8-9 game rental. (Actually, Dalton may be more of a winning QB than Kirk. That was a good signing by Dallas.)

I'm thinking of any place to send Cousins. Any thoughts? Colts maybe? Fans here seem to like him.

I want no part of Cousins for Colts but I could see having luck elsewhere possibly 

10 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I want no part of Cousins for Colts but I could see having luck elsewhere possibly 

I'll take Luck!! :P

I don't think anyone will take him unless perhaps  Garoppolo goes on season-long IR. Shanahan loves Cousins. I would love it if he could take Cousins off our hands. 

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I'll take Luck!! :P

I don't think anyone will take him unless perhaps  Garoppolo goes on season-long IR. Shanahan loves Cousins. I would love it if he could take Cousins off our hands. 

I'm fairly confident come 21 Vikings will have brand new QB

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I'll take any QB.

If you are rebuilding, why would you give up your picks in order to get rid off Cousins? Just take your lumps with him and let him be the mentor/bridge QB for your next QB. If I'm rebuilding, I definitely would try avoiding giving up picks(especially high picks(day 1, day 2) ...

I think Dallas might be willing to take him for free for example... or even give you something small for him. 

On 9/21/2020 at 3:29 PM, danlhart87 said:

If the Vikings continue to struggle and end up with a top 10 pick at the end of the year what direction do you want them going?

QB?

OL?

D?

None of the above

I would go with QB especially if Fields is still on the board. 

3 hours ago, stitches said:

If you are rebuilding, why would you give up your picks in order to get rid off Cousins?

Check out Spotrac. If we keep him two years from now, he will count some $45M under the cap. What is happening is that we will continue to restructure his contract and delay the cap hit. I just want to get rid of his contract asap, just as the Jags got rid of that awful Foles contract and the Texans got rid of Osweiler.

Of course, I would rather not give up picks but I also do not want his contract holding us back from rebuilding and acquiring the players we need. 

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Check out Spotrac. If we keep him two years from now, he will count some $45M under the cap. What is happening is that we will continue to restructure his contract and delay the cap hit. I just want to get rid of his contract asap, just as the Jags got rid of that awful Foles contract and the Texans got rid of Osweiler.

Of course, I would rather not give up picks but I also do not want his contract holding us back from rebuilding and acquiring the players we need. 

You want to get rid off that contract if you are going to use it for something else urgently. If you are rebuilding, you don't need to do that. You are in no hurry to get rid off that money, you are in a hurry to get good young talent on the roster to develop(i,e, draft picks). If it's me, I either trade him for something coming back to me, or if he's considered negative value contract and teams want you to give them picks to take on his contract, then I would just keep him. 

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm not big on Fields honestly. 

I need to watch more of him closely though.

I have been watching the Nebraska @ Ohio State game. Fields looks very poised out there. He stays in the pocket and keeps his eyes down the field. At least in this game, he is accurate and seems to make the right plays.

You like Lance. I have not seen Lance. Is he more impressive?

Just now, stitches said:

You want to get rid off that contract if you are going to use it for something else urgently. If you are rebuilding, you don't need to do that. You are in no hurry to get rid off that money, you are in a hurry to get good young talent on the roster to develop. If it's me, I either trade him for something coming back to me, or if he's considered negative value contract and teams want you to give them picks to take on his contract, then I would just keep him. 

I want to trade him, but I don't think there are any suitors.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I have been watching the Nebraska @ Ohio State game. Fields looks very poised out there. He stays in the pocket and keeps his eyes down the field. At least in this game, he is accurate and seems to make the right plays.

You like Lance. I have not seen Lance. Is he more impressive?

Fields is great. I prefer Lawrence, but Fields is a premier talent at the position too. I would be ecstatic with any of them to be fair. Even Lance. 

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

Fields is great. I prefer Lawrence, but Fields is a premier talent at the position too. I would be ecstatic with any of them to be fair. Even Lance. 

Lawrence is one of those once in a generation QBs that I would be ok trading up to get.

Archived