Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone catch the Chargers and KC?  

Crazy story - Tyrod Taylor started experiencing chest pains right after the coin toss.  He was up until then expected to play.  So they sent in Justin Herbert with no warning.

Granted it's only one game but Herbert looks legit.  I won't say he took over the game or anything but he for the most part made good decisions and some accurate throws.  Only made one big mistake when he took a big sack instead of getting rid of the ball.

Chargers ran the ball a lot though.  Plus while Herbert obviously didn't have the advantage of all the starter's reps in practice, KC didn't have the advantage of watching tape on Herbert or preparing to play him.  

Regardless he looked pretty good for a rookie making his first career start.  

• Like 7

Herbert looked good.

I don't see how Chargers go back to Taylor aftermath performance.

Edit: NVM, seems Lynn has already stated Taylor is still the starter.

Can't say I agree woth thag decision, bit I really don't care that much about it. Lol

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Crazy story - Tyrod Taylor started experiencing chest pains right after the coin toss.  He was up until then expected to play.  So they sent in Justin Herbert with no warning.

Granted it's only one game but Herbert looks legit.  I won't say he took over the game or anything but he for the most part made good decisions and some accurate throws.  Only made one big mistake when he took a big sack instead of getting rid of the ball.

Chargers ran the ball a lot though.  Plus while Herbert obviously didn't have the advantage of all the starter's reps in practice, KC didn't have the advantage of watching tape on Herbert or preparing to play him.  

He looked very relaxed very impressive 

I too was impressed with him.  Aside from the one throw he made on the run which was ill-advised and picked, he did quite well.  For a guy who had no clue he'd be starting until a few moments before kickoff, I thought he looked very poised and even displayed some wheels.

8 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

My pick coming out to excel.   He needs to learn to throw with touch.  He has all the skils

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Told ya Taylor was out long term, the rest of the story has broken...punctured lung damn

Crazy story.

Sucks for Taylor, really big for the rookie though, no looking back, he should be the starter for the next few years at least.

No timetable, but if he miss 4-5 weeks I just dont see how you could pull out your future QB and install Taylor back in the lineup. Almost regardless how Herbert plays while he is out. He is clearly the future for LAC.

I like Herbert, I am ready to see what he does.

• Like 1

It’s not just that Taylor has a punctured lung.   It’s how he got it.

The team doctor accidentally did it just before the game while giving him a shot for pain he was experiencing.   That sure sucks!  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What I saw was a very talented rookie QB. 

He was prepared and that tells me he put the work in.

Has has confidence and poise. 

He is 6'6"  around 235 lbs. He seemed pretty quick for a guy his size. 

It would not surprise me for him to be the starter from here on out. 

Sad for Taylor but the future has been seen. 

• Like 1

Herbert certainly looked better for their team than Tyrod.

I will say that while I was impressed with Herbert's athleticism and poise, I think the hype train is going a little too strong for him already.  Will be interesting to see how he does over the course of the season.

I really think the Chiefs were caught off guard after preparing for Tyrod's boring ball control style.  They were also banged up on the line.  Herbert was exciting, compared to Tyrod, but I only counted about 5 completions that were actually thrown down field.  The rest of his yardage came from dump-offs and passes in the flat.  He also threw that momentum-swinging interception.

The good news for Herbert is that they play a terrible Panthers team this week.  Should be able to put up some nice numbers.