Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chiefs Ravens Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, bestQBever said:

I mean. we HAD speed.

We still have plenty of speed. Only our Xs and TEs are outside of the 4.3x-4.4x range. Low 4.5s (like our Xs) is still fast. 4.4s is really fast. 4.3s is super duper freak fast.

 

I love how both teams attack the edge running the ball. And of course Andy likes to blow the top off a few times a game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What an awful game for the Ravens. Completely overmatched everywhere. Lamar still looks awful from the pocket against good teams.  The Steelers do not have to play the Chiefs and are in command right now in that division. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well now, that was a massacre. After the Chargers game many predicted the Ravens to win. Instead we were shown a one sided dismantling of the NFL's top defense and and a well oiled Chiefs squad on both sides that toyed with Baltimore like a cat on a half-dead mouse. Yes it is early and the Chiefs have a tough schedule but if last night was the real Chiefs then perhaps the Miami Dolphins may have to step side and make room for two undefeated teams.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bestQBever said:

That was a textbook classic playoff mode ravens we just watched

 

Yeah. Lamar is a front runner. If he has to come from behind, he gets flustered and their OL is not the same as last year and the Chiefs have improved their OL, it looked like. I would have thought the Ravens would have gotten their run game going first before anything else but Lamar and the Ravens chose to not play to his strengths which is running to open up wide open passing lanes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, chad72 said:

 

Yeah. Lamar is a front runner. If he has to come from behind, he gets flustered and their OL is not the same as last year and the Chiefs have improved their OL, it looked like. I would have thought the Ravens would have gotten their run game going first before anything else but Lamar and the Ravens chose to not play to his strengths which is running to open up wide open passing lanes.

Been that way since College

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, chad72 said:

 

Yeah. Lamar is a front runner. If he has to come from behind, he gets flustered and their OL is not the same as last year and the Chiefs have improved their OL, it looked like. I would have thought the Ravens would have gotten their run game going first before anything else but Lamar and the Ravens chose to not play to his strengths which is running to open up wide open passing lanes.

We have witnessed (or been a victim) of having a team where the QB has to carry the team. 

IMO that is what the Ravens have become. 

I am not sure Lamar is a good enough passer to be the carrier? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, I don't think anyone can match Mahomes skill set at QB at this stage.  To beat the Ravens, who's favored to go to the Super Bowl was taken to school by Mahomes.  The rate he's going, the Chiefs will beat out Brady's 6 Super Bowl rings before he retires. This guy is a generational talent, great future ahead of him...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Wow, I don't think anyone can match Mahomes skill set at QB at this stage.  To beat the Ravens, who's favored to go to the Super Bowl was taken to school by Mahomes.  The rate he's going, the Chiefs will beat out Brady's 6 Super Bowl rings before he retires. This guy is a generational talent, great future ahead of him...

Too early to tell how many SB's he will win. It depends on how many key players they lose to Free Agency each year and depends on how long Andy Reid sticks around. Mahomes is clearly the best QB right now. If a lot falls right for him I can see him winning 3 SB's, I put the over/under at 3.5. I thought Peyton would win at least 3 after 2006, he did win 2 but winning a SB is extremely hard. If it was easy Rodgers and Brees would have more than 1. IMO no way Mahomes wins 6 SB's like Tommy did. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Too early to tell how many SB's he will win. It depends on how many key players they lose to Free Agency each year and depends on how long Andy Reid sticks around. Mahomes is clearly the best QB right now. If a lot falls right for him I can see him winning 3 SB's, I put the over/under at 3.5. I thought Peyton would win at least 3 after 2006, he did win 2 but winning a SB is extremely hard. If it was easy Rodgers and Brees would have more than 1. IMO no way Mahomes wins 6 SB's like Tommy did. 

Mahomes is the best right now but Wilson is pretty close. 

Don't overlook Murray and Allen either. 

 

I think Belichick had more to do with winning 6 superbowls. Add the fact that at least 2 super bowls were gift wrapped. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Mahomes is the best right now but Wilson is pretty close. 

Don't overlook Murray and Allen either. 

 

I think Belichick had more to do with winning 6 superbowls. Add the fact that at least 2 super bowls were gift wrapped. 

Yep. It takes luck sometimes to win a SB and a full team effort. If the Seahawks just give the ball to Lynch in 2014, Wilson has 2, Tommy has 5 instead. If's are if's though lmao 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, danlhart87 said:

Brady would have 9 if not for these guys...you got it smile GIF by ADWEEKmanning new york GIF by Gatorade

Actually Peyton commercial peyton manning GIF even blocked him 3 times in 2006, 2013, and 2015 in the AFC Title Game. He may have 12 if it wasn't for him also. I think they beat the Bears in 2006 and beat the Panthers in 2015 for sure. Beating the Seahawks in 2013 is questionable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Actually Peyton commercial peyton manning GIF even blocked him 3 times in 2006, 2013, and 2015 in the AFC Title Game. He may have 12 if it wasn't for him also. I think they beat the Bears in 2006 and beat the Panthers in 2015 for sure. Beating the Seahawks in 2013 is questionable. 

I don’t think the Pats beat 2013 Seahawks. The way that defense was playing that year. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just watched this game highlights on youtube.  Lamar isn't on Mahommes level.  Lamar was just ready to bail on the pocket the first time a purple helmet got within 5 feet.  He looked like he was under pressure all evening and evading pressure that wasn't really there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Mahommes is great bit Reid is maybe  the greatest offensive mind ever in the NFL

Maybe but you have to look at Bill Walsh and Don Coryell also. 

If you look at results like it or not Josh McDanials may be the best. He has the most hardware.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I just watched this game highlights on youtube.  Lamar isn't on Mahommes level.  Lamar was just ready to bail on the pocket the first time a purple helmet got within 5 feet.  He looked like he was under pressure all evening and evading pressure that wasn't really there.

Peter King gave this stat yesterday - Jackson has started 27 games total including playoffs. He is 21-6. In all 6 of his losses he was trailing at halftime.  In all of his 21 wins he was winning at halftime. This is very telling as when the Ravens are down they cannot run the RPOs with the same effectiveness and they also lose the ability to play action if their opponent is stopping the run.  I really think Jackson has a ceiling that is very low unless he is able to dramatically improve his passing. They will beat the bad teams just because the roster is so good and the coaching but they will have a tough time with the good teams.

11 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Mahommes is great bit Reid is maybe  the greatest offensive mind ever in the NFL

I am glad to see Reid getting some love. He has been great for a long time but never had the talent he has now at QB so you could really see his talent. Him and Mahomes are the perfect match.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FortheWin said:

Peter King gave this stat yesterday - Jackson has started 27 games total including playoffs. He is 21-6. In all 6 of his losses he was trailing at halftime.  In all of his 21 wins he was winning at halftime. This is very telling as when the Ravens are down they cannot run the RPOs with the same effectiveness and they also lose the ability to play action if their opponent is stopping the run.  I really think Jackson has a ceiling that is very low unless he is able to dramatically improve his passing. They will beat the bad teams just because the roster is so good and the coaching but they will have a tough time with the good teams.

I am glad to see Reid getting some love. He has been great for a long time but never had the talent he has now at QB so you could really see his talent. Him and Mahomes are the perfect match.

Jackson is 21-1 in the regular season. 0-3 against Mahomes and 0-2 in the playoffs 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...