Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chiefs Ravens Discussion Thread

Just now, King Colt said:

Given the Chiefs performance against a Chargers rookie QB I'll go with Baltimore.

ok I'm reluctant to make my pick just yet. Ravens are home so def have advantage. 

But never discredit Mahomes

This is going to be such a good game. We know what the offenses can do. The real question is the defense. The Ravens on paper have more talent compared to the Chiefs. 

The Chargers had a good gameplan for Mahomes. They just couldn't get it done at the end of the game. Expect the Ravens to continue that blueprint: Stick the backs to the receivers like glue. 

• Like 1

Last year, the Chiefs had to make miraculous 4th down conversions from Mahomes to Hill to win the game. Ravens still have a small weakness, run D down the middle. Showed up vs Nick Chubb in 1 game and Derrick Henry at the inopportune time in the playoffs. They still are middle of the pack in yards per carry down the middle.

Both the Chiefs and Ravens play good pass D and the Ravens pass D has improved with the signing of Calais Campbell. The run D is the weaker aspect of both defenses. So, it boils down to which team can control clock better with running the ball. On that aspect, I would give the edge to the Ravens and they are looking forward to this as a revenge game for last year's Week 3 game.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will probably roll with Baltimore since it is at Baltimore. Chiefs looked lethargic today. 

As good as Herbert looked his rookie mistake opened the door for the Chiefs to win.

IMO had he ran for the first down instead of throwing an interception, chances are the Chargers would have had a better chance. 

I liked how good he looked considering he didn't even know he was going to start till game time. It's kinda amazing he played so well with zero snaps with the starters. 

Mahomes vs. Jackson I would not say one is so much better than the other and I know stats, etc. may favor Mahomes but I think we are going to see a banner year for Jackson. Taking nothing away from the rookie Cardinal.

9 hours ago, King Colt said:

Mahomes vs. Jackson I would not say one is so much better than the other and I know stats, etc. may favor Mahomes but I think we are going to see a banner year for Jackson. Taking nothing away from the rookie Cardinal.

I agree. The Ravens team is lethal right now. Not sure the Chiefs defense which has looked pretty bad will be able to slow them down. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Mahomes is reason enough to pick Chiefs

Watkins is banged up and might miss the game, they would need their full arsenal to compete vs the Ravens, IMO.

I feel like Mahomes could throw up random love and someone would catch it

Just now, IndySouthsider said:

53.5 Rating for Lamar. Ring up Wilson’s MVP.

He's favorite but are other candidates 

Rodgers 

Mahomes

Allen