Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My favorite stat of the day

danlhart87

• danlhart87 changed the title to My favorite stat of the day

The thing that i have been loving is we are no longer dependant on TY to have a good game on order to have an effective offense. Even when he has a bad game or two we are still walking up and down the field. Would like to cash in more 7s but overall im happy

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

2 double cheese and an onion chip from White Castle is really moving with a shot of whiskey included Happy So Excited GIF by TikTok

That's exactly what I order + fish and cheese every time I go back to Indy. And have to have a large bag on onion chips.

With coffee.

I miss WCs

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The fish with cheese is good I agree with tarter too. The onion chips are great.

Got to have tarter. I almost always pick up a bag when I hit Indy, and generally before I even get to my mother's house. I'm always hugging her hello with one arm, big bag of WCs in the other arm. If not, when I wake the next morning, first words out of my mom's mouth is "do you want Biscuits and Gravy for breakfast, I already know you want White Castles for lunch". 

I know, super unhealthy, but only have them twice a year tops. Haven't been back to Indy since the Covid... Need more WC to go with my cowbell. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Got to have tarter. I almost always pick up a bag when I hit Indy, and generally before I even get to my mother's house. I'm always hugging her hello with one arm, big bag of WCs in the other arm. If not, when I wake the next morning, first words out of my mom's mouth is "do you want Biscuits and Gravy for breakfast, I already know you want White Castles for lunch". 

I know, super unhealthy, but only have them twice a year tops. Haven't been back to Indy since the Covid... Need more WC to go with my cowbell. 

Sounds like me haha . White Castle is great when you crave it. I love it about once a month. Their chicken and cheese is good too but their fish and cheese rules with the ol onion chip lmao . 

13 hours ago, krunk said:

The thing that i have been loving is we are no longer dependant on TY to have a good game on order to have an effective offense. Even when he has a bad game or two we are still walking up and down the field. Would like to cash in more 7s but overall im happy

Agree here.  I think we need TY to step up, especially with the uncertainty surrounding Campbell... but Rivers does a great job of spreading the ball around (as he has most of his career).  It felt like Jacoby was so reliant on TY and often stubbornly forced throws his way (either b/c we didn't have much other talent or b/c Brissett can't make his reads nearly as fast as Rivers can).

I, like the OP, was happy to see Rivers not throwing 46 times.  For 2 reasons, (1) Rivers is up there in years, he seems to still have a strong arm (as evidenced by the bomb to TY which TY dropped) but the wear and tear adds up more with old age and it seems like an alarming number of players have been getting hurt (which I think has to be at least in part, a result of lack of a full/normal off-season), and (2) we have a solid OL and we're skilled at RB even without Mack, the more we can play keep away from other teams and impose our will on other teams the better off we'll be (IMO).  

12 hours ago, IinD said:

Let's hope Rivers and TY get in sync with each other. We need TY, the young guys (at WR) can't carry this team.

I thought it was encouraging to see MAC have such a good game and to see Rivers continue to have faith in him after he was responsible for an INT early in the game.  I also thought Pittman played better as a WR in week 2 and expect him to continue to improve.  I hope TY gets his act together (he hasn't looked like himself either week) as he's definitely an asset to this team, but I think with Rivers' QB play (compared to Brissett) we are much less reliant on TY than we were last year.  I think if we can keep the ball for 38 min 25 sec, put up 150+ rushing yards and 200+ passing yards every week while limiting our turnovers, we'll be in good shape.  I would like to see us improve in the red zone, though -- yesterday we had 1 INT inside the red zone and 3 of 4 field goals were after we got the ball to the 20 or closer (the other we were on the 26).... it'd be nice to see more TDs when we get that close, and that's an area where I think a fully 'normal' TY could help.

14 hours ago, IinD said:

Let's hope Rivers and TY get in sync with each other. We need TY, the young guys (at WR) can't carry this team.

I get what you're saying, but it's not that they have to get on the same page.  TY ran the route and Rivers delivered it spot on.  They're on the same page.  It's TY's job to catch it and he is failing miserably.  Definitely concerned now.  Until he starts to catch again he's not even a decoy.

16 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Never had WC 

That explains a lot. J/K.

Then you've never truly lived.

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sounds like me haha . White Castle is great when you crave it. I love it about once a month. Their chicken and cheese is good too but their fish and cheese rules with the ol onion chip lmao . 

I grew up down the street from one in my early youth. Us kids would ride our bikes down there several times a week after we played BB or FB all day. All you needed was some spare change back then.

21 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

That explains a lot. J/K.

Then you've never truly lived.

I grew up down the street from one in my early youth. Us kids would ride our bikes down there several times a week after we played BB or FB all day. All you needed was some spare change back then.

Me too, back when I was kid (10 years old or so) I had one right down the road as well. A couple of friends and I would walk over and get a huge bag of hamburgers lmao . Back then hamburgers were .39 cents.

1 hour ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I get what you're saying, but it's not that they have to get on the same page.  TY ran the route and Rivers delivered it spot on.  They're on the same page.  It's TY's job to catch it and he is failing miserably.  Definitely concerned now.  Until he starts to catch again he's not even a decoy.

In fairness no preseason and these guys have played 2 games together.

For me personally I'm not worried yet, I don't think TY's shown enough where he's done. He turned and burned a DB on that last catch he had,  I think that was his last catch??

I also wouldn't underestimate the terrible shadows at LOS, wow they're annoying. I've been stuck in those terrible shadows attending games and they suck.

56 minutes ago, IinD said:

In fairness no preseason and these guys have played 2 games together.

For me personally I'm not worried yet, I don't think TY's shown enough where he's done. He turned and burned a DB on that last catch he had,  I think that was his last catch??

I also wouldn't underestimate the terrible shadows at LOS, wow they're annoying. I've been stuck in those terrible shadows attending games and they suck.

It's always tough for me on plays like that because I've seen SO MANY inept non-plays by too many guys to count over the course of Philip's career that have cost him and his teams when he's made the great play on his end. But I have to admit, I'm with you here. Yes, Hilton has played his whole career there and should know the "terrain" better than anyone, but still. I was grumbling at numerous times throughout the game about how difficult it was for me to see what was happening on my 65" HD TV because of the starkly contrasting bright light to dark shadow across various portions of the field. I can only imagine how much more difficult it must have been to deal with as a receiver/defensive back trying to track the ball through that.

Still, any receiver needs to catch a ball effectively laid perfectly in his hands with nobody else anywhere around him.

On a different note, did anyone else have to turn up the volume on your TV for that broadcast? Man, it was awful for me. I didn't watch every game yesterday, of course, but I did watch significant parts of several others across all three networks, and not one of them had the horrendously low volume problem that broadcast did. I had to more than double my normal volume level just to have a chance to understand what was being said throughout most of the game. That was ridiculous.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Me too, back when I was kid (10 years old or so) I had one right down the road as well. A couple of friends and I would walk over and get a huge bag of hamburgers lmao . Back then hamburgers were .39 cents.

.25 or less when I was a kid. And they had coupons every once in a while for a bag of 10 for next to nothing. 

ah the good ol days

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it may have been .39 cents for the cheese burgers, I think it was .29 cents for the just the hamburger. We are about the same age.

I just found the following little blurb lol

White Castle opened its first restaurant in Wichita, Kansas, in 1921 and sold its burgers for only 5 cents. During the 1930s prices increased slowly. It was 1950 before the price of a hamburger rose from 10 to 12 cents. The 12-cent price held until 1967 when the price of a burger increased to 14 cents. The price of a Slider didn't reach the 27-cent mark until the early 1980s. While prices have always varied from city to city, the average price of a White Castle hamburger today is 53 cents.

So if correct, my big WC days were somewhere between the 14 and 27 cent days. I think early in those days, a cheeseburger was the same price as a hamburger.

Also, this was interesting comparing the prices of different burgers at different places over the years. McDs used to be cheap too.

https://www.insider.com/fast-food-burgers-cost-every-year-2018-9#in-1975-your-burger-cost-an-average-of-025-7

On 9/21/2020 at 7:11 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it may have been .39 cents for the cheese burgers, I think it was .29 cents for the just the hamburger. We are about the same age.

In  1969 a slider with cheese was 14 cents at the White Castle on Washington St. and Oriental St. 

In 1967 a Cheeseburger, small fries and a coke was 40 cents at Burg n Steak on E. 10th St. and Tuxedo St. 

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

In  1969 a slider with cheese was 14 cents at the White Castle on Washington St. and Oriental St. 

In 1967 a Cheeseburger, small fries and a coke was 40 cents at Burg n Steak on E. 10th St. and Tuxedo St. 

I am getting hammered right now so I can't drive but 4 Fish with Cheese and 2 Onion Chip sounds awesome lmao . 

Archived