Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should The Colts Go After Tomlinson

CR91

eh if they go after a running back which I doubt they will Id go for one in the draft, Tomlinson was great but now hes a shell of what he used to be injuries caught up with him he was at one point even contemplating retirement, that makes me question if hes still hungry

obviously he wont be an every down back, but he can helpful option for luck both as a player and leader plus he can mentor both brown and carter and i doubt he would cost much. he isnt getting alot of offers

obviously he wont be an every down back, but he can helpful option for luck both as a player and leader plus he can mentor both brown and carter and i doubt he would cost much. he isnt getting alot of offers

1) The Colts need to get younger - that ain't LT.

2) Being a mentor is dramatically overrated to actually being able to play.

3) Why do you think he isn't getting alot of offers.

I know you didn't say this but the article itself cracks me up. The Colts "must" sign LT. Really?

Nope

1. We are pretty deep at running back when compared to other poistions on the roster. That doesn't mean we have all world backs but we have players who can play at the poistion vs. other poistions on the team.

2. We are in a rebuilding mood. LdT is at the the end of his career and will probably want to go some place where he can try to win a ring before he retires. We aren't a good match for each other.

eh if they go after a running back which I doubt they will Id go for one in the draft, Tomlinson was great but now hes a shell of what he used to be injuries caught up with him he was at one point even contemplating retirement, that makes me question if hes still hungry

Agree.. LT is playing like TP. The Colts do need to draft a good rb this year. Manning had Faulk and james to take the presure off. Luck has Brown? Even I don't think that's fare.

LT was great in his time, though

I will say this, I dont want this to turn into a bashing LT thread, he was arguably the best in the league for a time with the chargers but like players do no matter the position they get old and add injuries to that and they just arent what they used to be, mentoring a running back would be overrated, JUST SEE THE HOLE AND HIT IT STRONG, nothing much to that really unless a running back was expected to pickup a blitz and he wasnt ever required to do that, not a whole lot of running backs are Addai was a rare exception do to us passing so much

I'll tell you something very interesting is that Donald Brown and LaDainian Tomlinson are both eerily similar, especially in terms of size and athleticism.

Brown: 5"10 210

Tomlinson: 5"10 215

Athletically they are also very similar if you check out there combine stats they have the exact same 40 time.

LT http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=60525&draftyear=2001&genpos=

DB http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=67975&draftyear=2009&genpos=

Maybe in a new system that can block for the run perhaps we could see DB be very productive if we stick to him and use him on a consistent basis. He also needs to be more aware and try to improve his vision instead of running into the back of offensive lineman. I think he might mesh well in Arians system, I assume that's why he's being kept. I think one big difference about them is LaDainians vision, he was exceptional at avoiding things where as DB seems to be an expert at NOT avoiding defenders and even his own offensive linemen.

Brandon Jacobs is up in age for a running back thats why he was released among his other fumblitus issues in my opinion, Id say no, if were getting another running back the logical thing to do is go through the draft. free agent running backs that are left are either to old, to expensive for us, been ravished by injuries or have been in some sort of legal trouble or just plain backup material which would make no sense to the last one (backup material) considering we have yet to see who our official starter will be, I expect Brown at this point but its going to be running back by commite in my opinion

I like LT, and at first thought maybe it would be good to consider bringing in LT due to his age and wanting to "mentor/teach" young RB's coming into the league (as he said in his live interview on the NFL channel). I respect LT, and think that he does have more in him. That being said, I don'tthink he is what we need as far as the direction we are taking. To top that off, we have Brown and Carter. Some are skeptic and not sold on either of the two, but I think given the right coaching and offensive design/plays they can be very successful. Both have the talent, they just need the right support to get it done (JMO).

no way... I love how much LT hates the Pats, but he's too old for the new look Colts.

The rivalry with the Pats is over. It was all about Manning vs. Brady, and Manning plays for the Broncos now. The Colts will develop new rivalries.