Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeForest threw #73 out of the club . . .

It is incredibly encouraging to see DeForest put in such a physically dominant performance in just his second game as a Colt.

I can't wait for Sheldon Day to get back, too. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, runthepost said:

Who said this lol. Need their fan membership cancelled immediately 

There was a thread called did Ballard make a mistake about this and last week someone was talking about kinlaw and how the Colts coils have used him over Buckner.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

But I was told Ballard made a mistake trading for him 

I dont think many people said it was a mistake.  Kinlaw was sitting there at 13 and I just think people thought what if. Vikings have a bad O line. I have said numerous times, I am just not a fan of this defence

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I dont think many people said it was a mistake.  Kinlaw was sitting there at 13 and I just think people thought what if. Vikings have a bad O line. I have said numerous times, I am just not a fan of this defence

Give credit where its due. 

This D isn't good but today they were GREAT

7 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Ya know it's been 2 weeks and I still don't have a clue what kind of team we have.  I would like to THINK they will be good, but what do we really know?  They haven't allowed many yards, and are likely to be #1 in yards allowed after this game.  But other stuff like completion percentage, 3rd downs, etc.  who really knows?  We've seen one terrible performance and one awesome one.  I guess the Jags lit it up vs. the Titans again today so maybe they aren't as bad as we thought?  Also, the Vikes last week vs. the Pack saw Cousins hang 34 points and a 118.6 rating, while today they get 11 and he has a 15.9 rating.

I would like to think this game was the REAL Colts team this year but I really have no idea.  I guess I need to likely see a couple more games to determine what they really are?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, chad72 said:

With Nick Bosa injured and probably going to miss a brief time, the 49ers sure would like to have Buckner back. Still one heck of a trade. 

Meh they couldn't afford to pay him.  That's why they sent him here.  

I don't care how much they miss his talent they are probably happy as hell that they managed to get a first round pick for a player they would not be able to keep in their roster past last year.  

3 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Me and its a long season. Kinlaw will b starting and we shall c how good he is

It don't matter what Kinlaw does. He is not a Colt.

Going back and using hind sight serves no purpose but to find a reason to whine. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, B~Town said:

Love the thread title that Gronk Sergio Brown referance epic well done sir

Buckner went beast mode on that play

44 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Excellent memory!

At least Buckner was inbounds when he threw #73 out of the club. :thmup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, csmopar said:

Not sure of your point? What I said was a factual summary after week 1.  I asked the question (hence the question mark) and it go 171 replies which is the point of a message board, create content to enjoy bantering about.  He did nothing week 1.  Simple reality.  Week 2 he played closer to his salary range against a horrible O-Line.  Let's hope when he's playing a better line he keeps hustling.  

• Like 1
19 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

Ya know it's been 2 weeks and I still don't have a clue what kind of team we have.  I would like to THINK they will be good, but what do we really know?  They haven't allowed many yards, and are likely to be #1 in yards allowed after this game.  But other stuff like completion percentage, 3rd downs, etc.  who really knows?  We've seen one terrible performance and one awesome one.  I guess the Jags lit it up vs. the Titans again today so maybe they aren't as bad as we thought?  Also, the Vikes last week vs. the Pack saw Cousins hang 34 points and a 118.6 rating, while today they get 11 and he has a 15.9 rating.

I would like to think this game was the REAL Colts team this year but I really have no idea.  I guess I need to likely see a couple more games to determine what they really are?

We aren’t as bad as it looked after the Jags game nor as good as after Vikings. I do think when we get rolling we are going to be a tough out for anybody if we stay healthy.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

Buckner's most recent victim was #73 for the Vikings: Dru Samia, their 6-5 308lb 2nd year starting RG. 

Big Q and buckner should put stickers for every one of these.

Big Q...pancake stickerson the helmet, Buckner?..,. 

• Like 1

Buckner is going to be fine.  Because he didn't do anything of note in his first start with the team and WITHOUT a preseason to get ready means nothing to me.  I want to see what he does over the course of the season.  Besides, just because he isn't getting sacks or hits doesn't mean he isn't effective.  If he is facing a double team then somebody else is free to make a play.  Colts had 4 sacks in Jax.  You can't convince me he didn't have anything to do with that production.

Bottom line is you can find flaws with every player in this league if you look hard enough.  This guy is one of the better players the Colts have.  Period.  And if you don't believe me, then believe the "experts" who say the same thing.

21 hours ago, zibby43 said:

Dang DeForest.  That man had a family.

Been waiting for a guy like this. How many years did we see this happen to our OL (Linkenbach and others). We’ve begged for guys like Suh...well Ballard now has studs on both sides of the line (Nelson/Buckner). I like his brand of football!

• Like 1

That kind of vicious attack not only on their lineman but their qb is tone setting. I know it came later but it started early in the game and just become more obvious as the game went along...no doubt it had affect on Minnesota’s offense and Cousins performance.

• Like 1