Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hines!?

IndyEric07

I dont trust the early bspn or media heads on their predictions, but i saw on a couple sources that Hines was gonna play every snap!? Whats the deal with his p.t.?!? I dont want the Colts to over use JT! He should get the bulk of the carries, but I thought he was a bit over used early on! Im ranting cuz i chose Hines on my Fanduel lineup and got me .9pts! Thats all, not a big deal otherwise just as long as we get the W!

Taylor had the hot hand and when he needed a rest Wilkins who is more like him came in because the Vikings couldn’t stop that running set.  Hines played in passing situations but I have a feeling the Vikings were looking for him and he wasn’t open.  That’s why guys like Mo having a good game is a good thing it will start to open up guys like Hines who other teams are keying on.

Reich has always cycled backs in and out at a high rate. As someone who owned Mack in fantasy last year I took a very vested interest in how many snaps Mack just didn’t get. Even when he was playing well. And we saw it last week before the injury. It was a real timeshare back there. 

I wasn’t surprised to see them make Taylor the starter. It makes sense. Hines is better in a complimentary role, and Taylor is better in the featured role. 

But how little Hines played today was surprising, and it makes me want to smack Frank right in the mouth for what he did to me over the course of a turbulent fantasy season last year. It’s why I put Colts RBs on my “do not draft” list. I just don’t want to have to play the game of roulette of who gets the carries this week. 

As good as Taylor looked and was today, it wouldn’t be surprising to see Hines come in and get a lot more carries, and maybe even more than Taylor next week. That’s just what this staff does. 

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

Reich has always cycled backs in and out at a high rate. As someone who owned Mack in fantasy last year I took a very vested interest in how many snaps Mack just didn’t get. Even when he was playing well. And we saw it last week before the injury. It was a real timeshare back there. 

I wasn’t surprised to see them make Taylor the starter. It makes sense. Hines is better in a complimentary role, and Taylor is better in the featured role. 

But how little Hines played today was surprising, and it makes me want to smack Frank right in the mouth for what he did to me over the course of a turbulent fantasy season last year. It’s why I put Colts RBs on my “do not draft” list. I just don’t want to have to play the game of roulette of who gets the carries this week. 

As good as Taylor looked and was today, it wouldn’t be surprising to see Hines come in and get a lot more carries, and maybe even more than Taylor next week. That’s just what this staff does. 

The PC injury took the gimmick out of the O

I think it was just a matter of gameplanning for the defense we were facing.

Just now, Shive said:

I think it was just a matter of gameplanning for the defense we were facing.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I was surprised we didn’t use Hines more. But it worked out for the best. Wilkins is so good. He isn’t Mack bur man he gets so many yards per carry.

Agreed. I'm a big fan of Wilkins.

52 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

Hines isn't a guy that'll get consistent production week in and week out and that's ok. He's our 3rd RB and a hybrid weapon. Some games he'll have 2 catches for 10 yards, other games he'll have 6 catches 50 yds and 2 touchdowns. He's our percy harvin

Some games he will sneak up on the D and other times he will be a defensive key

Hines is a scatback...and not a very efficient runner or receiver.

He hasn’t had as many touches as he had Week 1...since Week 5 of 2018. They were easing in Taylor last week...and apparently that’s over. 

But Hines will have a role going forward. It’s just won’t be the volume RBC role you were sold on.

5 minutes ago, Dasteez said:

Wilkins is good. Just doesn’t have the burst to take it to the house. His YPC is high because he doesn’t get a high volume of touches. 

He was good today and think it may be the beginning of more carries for him.

If the Colts have big second half leads...Wilkins will get more carries. But Taylor is going to get monster touches unless he gets hurt.

Archived