Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s a PCL injury. No time table. Anyone know how long of a recovery that is.

 

 

Long enough time where I doubt we see him again this season maybe if we make a deep playoff run. But doubtful even then

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Not a good day for knees

 

Have to wonder if the whacky offseason has much to do with this... I get that starters don't play all that much in preseason, but I'm not thinking just about pre-season games -- everything started later this year and it seems like most training camps had less contact drills than normal.

 

20 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Lewis.  He had a sack today.

 

Hopefully Lewis turns it around, it seems like he was the training camp MVP... though, he was injured or battling nagging injuries for the larger part of his NFL career up to this point.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, B~Town said:

Just got a ff update says he is expected to only miss a few games not sure how accurate there sources are though.

What is FF

 

They might have to wait until swelling goes down to see how bad it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If it’s just a sprain of those ligaments and no tears that is pretty good news.  It might be more like weeks rather then months.

My understanding is that sprains are essentially tears in the ligaments... it's just partial and not complete tear.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, stitches said:

My understanding is that sprains are essentially tears in the ligaments... it's just partial and not complete tear.

Let’s hope it is like a grade one sprain. Looks like that means no tear while a grade three is a partial tear. I imagine until swelling is down they might not know the full extent. Keefer said surgery is a possibility. Probably won’t know more until after swelling is down. I feel so bad for the kid. Is OSU loading their kids up with HGH. Is their conditioning program bad. Makes no sense. What’s crazy is all his injuries I believe have come on gaget plays. Maybe we need to just stop with those and concentrate on WR.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The local sports media are saying it’s just a MCL that the pcl report is not true. Cours of action as far as surgery or no surgery is yet to be determined.

 

Holder says it’s both. Somebody else saying that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Superman said:

 

That was the IR designated to return list, but they got rid of it a couple years ago. Now you don't have to designate a player for him to return. 

 

It's all moot this season; any player can return after three weeks, and I don't think there's any limitation on how many players you can return, or for what reason. So I figure Parris goes on IR now, but that won't tell us anything about his timetable. If he has surgery, that will likely indicate his season is over.

This is how IR should work in future year, too, imho. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stitches said:

Pelissero is saying it's both too. 

Reich said it was both at his presser today. They don't know yet a timetable. They don't yet know if he'll need a procedure.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dogg63 said:

Reich said it was both at his presser today. They don't know yet a timetable. They don't yet know if he'll need a procedure.

Yup.  @AWalkerColts has it up on the colts site

 

https://www.colts.com/news/parris-campbell-malik-hooker-rock-ya-sin-injury-updates

 

 

 

» Campbell suffered a knee injury early in the first quarter of Sunday's 28-11 victory over the Minnesota Vikings at Lucas Oil Stadium, and did not return. Reich confirmed today the second-year wide receiver suffered injuries to his MCL and PCL, and while Campbell is "going to miss some time," it's not yet known exactly how long he's expected to be out. "We're going to just continue to evaluate his injury, really to make the determination on his status," Reich said. "So we'll leave that up to the doctors. Not sure if he's going to need a procedure yet. We'll defer to our doctors and training staff there." Others at the wide receiver position who got added reps in Sunday's game with Campbell out included Daurice Fountain and Ashton Dulin, while Dezmon Patmon, who was inactive against the Vikings, is also on the 53-man roster. DeMichael Harris, who like Campbell also plays in the slot, is also an option on the Colts' practice squad.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

 

Holder says it’s both. Somebody else saying that?

 

8 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Jim ayello is reporting that. He also said a source says he has a low chance of returning this season.

 

8 hours ago, stitches said:

Pelissero is saying it's both too. 

 

5 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

Reich said it was both at his presser today. They don't know yet a timetable. They don't yet know if he'll need a procedure.

 

I was hoping for an MCL only, but always felt there could possibly be more (but not an ACL). The MCL generally has a high potential to heal conservatively, non-surgically, on its own. Nevertheless, there appears to be a lower threshold to surgically address the medial ligament if a significant instability also exists because of a PCL injury and deficient knee.  They are likely checking these scenarios out, thus the delay in deciding on the upcoming healing plan.

 

9 minutes ago, dw49 said:

From what I'm reading , it's unlikely that he plays again this year. 

 

That is a real possibility, depending on the decided medical correction/healing plan.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Let’s hope it is like a grade one sprain. Looks like that means no tear while a grade three is a partial tear. I imagine until swelling is down they might not know the full extent. Keefer said surgery is a possibility. Probably won’t know more until after swelling is down. I feel so bad for the kid. Is OSU loading their kids up with HGH. Is their conditioning program bad. Makes no sense. What’s crazy is all his injuries I believe have come on gaget plays. Maybe we need to just stop with those and concentrate on WR.


I can’t believe this post got a like. It deserves ridicule and not a like. 
 

OSU is a multi million dollar business. I am sure their strength training, conditioning and nutrition are handled by Hans and Franz from SNL. 
 

So only run him on “WR” plays. Are the moves and potential for hits less so on a WR play than on a gadget play?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

The beat indicator on the severity of an injury? The player in most cases. He was crying. I think he himself knows that his season is over but we shall c.

 

I'm not sure that's a good indicator.  Parris like us probably initially suspected that he tore his ACL.  So his emotions at the time would have been on the basis of the feared injury.  

 

That said I am guessing it will likely be a while.  The fact that they are not giving any kind of time table seems to indicate that we shouldn't get our hopes up too much about it.  If he does return it will likely be late in the season.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

 

I'm not sure that's a good indicator.  Parris like (MOST OF) us probably initially suspected that he tore his ACL.  So his emotions at the time would have been on the basis of the feared injury.  

 

That said I am guessing it will likely be a while.  The fact that they are not giving any kind of time table seems to indicate that we shouldn't get our hopes up too much about it.  If he does return it will likely be late in the season.  

Fixed it for you.  When I saw the hit on the outside of the knee, It said MCL to me.  To what grade was/is unknown. But the replays I had were inconclusive if there was also any frontal impact (which may lead to a possible PCL injury as well).  That's why I was reserved and that there could be more.  And if the reports that he also has a PCL injury, that complicates matters, significantly lengthens rehab time, and maybe even suggest internal interventional remedies that might end his season. I await updates.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s all going to depend if he needs surgery. If it heals own there is a chance. If he needs surgery he is probably done. It’s so sad this has happened his first two years in the league. Praying he can have a successful final two seasons. It’s all just been bad luck. Someone  running into your knee by accident. Pittman said today Paris is his big brother. Kind of funny since Pittman is older then Campbell I believe. Pittman is actually renting Paris old rental house as Paris and his fiancé bought their first house in Indy.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jskinnz said:


I can’t believe this post got a like. It deserves ridicule and not a like. 
 

OSU is a multi million dollar business. I am sure their strength training, conditioning and nutrition are handled by Hans and Franz from SNL. 
 

So only run him on “WR” plays. Are the moves and potential for hits less so on a WR play than on a gadget play?  

I just thought it’s interesting.  I believe all his injuries have come on gadget plays. I was just asking the question about OSU. It’s worth asking because it is happening a lot. There was no reason to be rude.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s all going to depend if he needs surgery. If it heals own there is a chance. If he needs surgery he is probably done. It’s so sad this has happened his first two years in the league. Praying he can have a successful final two seasons. It’s all just been bad luck. Someone  running into your knee by accident. Pittman said today Paris is his big brother. Kind of funny since Pittman is older then Campbell I believe. Pittman is actually renting Paris old rental house as Paris and his fiancé bought their first house in Indy.  


that is funny.  This kid has had rough luck in the field.  Man he looked good as far as he got.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nickster said:


that is funny.  This kid has had rough look in the field.  Man he looked good as far as he got.

Ok I take that back. Campbell is actually a few months older then Pittman. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe its time for a change in philosophy or thinking. player gets hurt, send him to centra care and cut them a settlement check. Move on. Frank gore was the only player I know of who blew out both knees and continued on with a good career. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Fixed it for you.  When I saw the hit on the outside of the knee, It said MCL to me.  To what grade was/is unknown. But the replays I had were inconclusive if there was also any frontal impact (which may lead to a possible PCL injury as well).  That's why I was reserved and that there could be more.  And if the reports that he also has a PCL injury, that complicates matters, significantly lengthens rehab time, and maybe even suggest internal interventional remedies that might end his season. I await updates.

 

I said the same thing at the time. I don't practice medicine...but it just did not look like your typical ACL tear. It's sad that I have seen enough of those to know the difference.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

 

I said the same thing at the time. I don't practice medicine...but it just did not look like your typical ACL tear. It's sad that I have seen enough of those to know the difference.

 

True, and I'd wager more ACL are non contact than contact. Sure, player may be engaged and even take contact, but injury too often occurs on the non contact side during the play. Much less often is an ACL a direct contact injury... but still can be.

 

Any official word?  I'm saying if it is either 'just' and MCL, or 'just' a PCL, he might be ready to come off IR after the 3 weeks or so. If both, things get more complicated.  But I've never heard definitive that it is both, just many reports.  If anyone knows with certainty, let me know who/where please.  Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Any official word?  I'm saying if it is either 'just' and MCL, or 'just' a PCL, he might be ready to come off IR after the 3 weeks or so. If both, things get more complicated.  But I've never heard definitive that it is both, just many reports.  If anyone knows with certainty, let me know who/where please.

Reich confirmed today the second-year wide receiver suffered injuries to his MCL and PCL, and while Campbell is "going to miss some time," it's not yet known exactly how long he's expected to be out.

 

From an article 2 days ago at:

https://www.colts.com/news/parris-campbell-malik-hooker-rock-ya-sin-injury-updates

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

True, and I'd wager more ACL are non contact than contact. Sure, player may be engaged and even take contact, but injury too often occurs on the non contact side during the play. Much less often is an ACL a direct contact injury... but still can be.

 

Any official word?  I'm saying if it is either 'just' and MCL, or 'just' a PCL, he might be ready to come off IR after the 3 weeks or so. If both, things get more complicated.  But I've never heard definitive that it is both, just many reports.  If anyone knows with certainty, let me know who/where please.  Thanks.

 

I was golfing on Saturday...and an older man in the group in front of us was teeing off and just went straight down after swinging. Like you said...very often a non-contact injury.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

Reich confirmed today the second-year wide receiver suffered injuries to his MCL and PCL, and while Campbell is "going to miss some time," it's not yet known exactly how long he's expected to be out.

 

From an article 2 days ago at:

https://www.colts.com/news/parris-campbell-malik-hooker-rock-ya-sin-injury-updates

 

Thanks. I'm not sure I trust Reich or Ballard at 100% on medical information, but I guess that's the best we can get for now.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I think Jacoby is gonna surprise a lot of people. Even if it isn't with the Colts.
    • Getting Linderbaum in the 5th would be an absolute steal. Plays Center at Iowa and is one of the top rated if not the top rated college OL in the nation this year.
    • Brissett 2019 QBR: 52.1   Rivers 2020 QBR: 62.5 (Lamar Jackson is 61.8)   Brissett 2019 YPA: 6.6 (29th in league)   Rivers 2020 YPA: 7.6 (11th in league)   Brissett 2019 completion %: 60.9   Rivers 2020 completion %: 67.3   You may have a preference for Jacoby for whatever reason, but he is a worse QB than Rivers (by a Grand Canyon-sized margin) in every measurable capacity (except maybe rushing yards, but who cares).    
    • Yes, I mostly agree here.    I think Rivers will play EVERY week.   And you have to respect a guy whose playing with pain like this.    I'm only saying his QUALITY of play may be uneven based on his pain tolerance.   That's all I'm trying to say.  
    • Don't mean to be argumentative,  but.....   The chances of 5 QB's going in the top-10 I think are Slim and None, and Slim has already left town.    I believe the last time 5 QB's went in the top-10 is....    Never.     Off the top of my head MAYBE the famous '83 draft?     And 6 in the top 20?    Again,  highly not likely.        And some of these guys, while getting a lot of attention, the scouts are going to pick them apart in ways that fans don't.   At least one of these guys will likely fall out of the first round.    Maybe more than one.       And remember,  of the five quarterbacks taken just a few years ago in 2018,  the best one came....  with the 32nd pick, Lamar Jackson.    The famous top-4 of Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen and Allen is not looking so great.    Allen appears to be getting the most love of these four.   People appear to be 50/50 on Mayfield.   Darnold has been mishandled and looks questionable at best.   And Rosen appears to be a bust.     So, maybe 2 out of the top 4 appear to be worth the pick.    And then there's Jackson who has exceeded expectations of many.      I'm just saying predicting QB's, especially this early,  is an invitation for a misevaluation.  
  • Members

    • stitches

      stitches 9,729

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • hoosierhawk

      hoosierhawk 831

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • teganslaw

      teganslaw 642

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coltsva

      coltsva 1,789

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • zibby43

      zibby43 1,586

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Fluke_33

      Fluke_33 2,104

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • JlynRN

      JlynRN 825

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • TonyBungee

      TonyBungee 253

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • cdgacoltsfan

      cdgacoltsfan 606

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Flash7

      Flash7 2,713

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...