Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Falcons just choked


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If they want to save this franchises confidence, they better fire Quinn today. Epic....epic faiures

 

Yeah, how do you coach your specials teams guys to not fall on a ball that is going slow on the ground when you know the Cowboys cannot touch it till 10 yards for the onside kick?

 

If this stat is not worth getting fired, I am not sure what is:

 

 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If they want to save this franchises confidence, they better fire Quinn today. Epic....epic faiures

 

No I think Quinn needs to fire Ben Kotwica. (special teams coordinator)  It was Kotwica's job to make sure his players knew the basic rules in covering an onside kick. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

 

No I think Quinn needs to fire Ben Kotwica. (special teams coordinator)  It was Kotwica's job to make sure his players knew the basic rules in covering an onside kick. 

So grown men playing football for years don’t know the rules? Unbelievable!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

 

No I think Quinn needs to fire Ben Kotwica. (special teams coordinator)  It was Kotwica's job to make sure his players knew the basic rules in covering an onside kick. 

U think Quinn should stay?   I said after the super bowl  loss this team would never be the same.  They need to do a deep clean and get rid of everyone  associated with that loss. Quinn hired to improve the defencr.  How has that worked. If he cant fix the defence what is his value??

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2020 at 1:10 PM, danlhart87 said:

6 guys could have got that onside kick freakin 6

 

Amazing.  How can 6 guys not know the rules on onside kicks??

 Wouldn't be surprised if they were instructed "don't touch the ball".

Heck, this organization gave away a super bowl championship so what's a early season game to the cowboys?  Lol

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2020 at 9:13 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

U think Quinn should stay?   I said after the super bowl  loss this team would never be the same.  They need to do a deep clean and get rid of everyone  associated with that loss. Quinn hired to improve the defencr.  How has that worked. If he cant fix the defence what is his value??

 

The Falcons, like others,  have been a 2nd/3rd tier organization.  When they do replace Quinn and other coaches the new coaches will also coach incompetently. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

 

He collects his huge check every week. If he wanted better he would have forced a trade.

Its not as easy as that.

 

If the Falcons trade him this year, they are left with a $75m dead cap hit. Even if they trade him next year, he still has a $50m dead cap.

 

1st year he could be moved and save money is 2022 he is owed $41m and still has a $25m dead cap, but would save the team $16m.

 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/matt-ryan-3983/

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2020 at 9:13 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

U think Quinn should stay?   I said after the super bowl  loss this team would never be the same.  They need to do a deep clean and get rid of everyone  associated with that loss. Quinn hired to improve the defense.  How has that worked. If he cant fix the defense what is his value??

 

He is their Pagano. At least they have had better offensive coordinators than we had under Pagano, IMO, except for maybe Arians.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Falcons have never been the same since blowing that huge lead in the SB, a SB that had won. I feel bad for Matty Ice, he had his one chance and he and his team blew it. History will show he will just go down as another good QB but nothing special.

 

All they had to do was let the play clock rundown before plays. They were routinely snapping the ball with 10-20 on the clock

 

Having watched Manning maestro the clock all those years, I was screaming at the frigging TV. Dipwads gave the Patriots the Lombardi. Sure glad I am not a Falcons fan

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Falcons have never been the same since blowing that huge lead in the SB, a SB that had won. I feel bad for Matty Ice, he had his one chance and he and his team blew it. History will show he will just go down as another good QB but nothing special.

Cant feel to bad for him, after all he is the one who continually snapped the ball with more than 20 seconds on play clock as they had their big lead in the 2nd half.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...