Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Blackmon

krunk

Just now, Smoke317 said:

This kid flashed early & often.  Big hits.  Plays on the ball and in coverage.  Off to a great start.  

That hit on the elbow to knock the ball out of receiver's hand and the tackle on the hurdle got me extremely hyped on this kid. Throw in the tip on the INT and I'm sold after 1 game. 3 big plays and you got me, lol.

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

You’re correct. He had a surprisingly quick recovery during the summer. In fact he was able to return to practice back in August. He was ruled out for week 1, but here we are today. 

1 hour ago, IinD said:

To lazy to look it up, but is this the kid we drafted with a torn ACL? How did he recover so quickly?

I'm happy he did, but I remember the tv heads saying he'll need to redshirt this year because of the injury...

If I recall,  Blackmon was hurt very very late into his last college season, but had surgery almost immediately. Depending on just what the ACL injury intent was, it’s entirely possible to be cleared for running again within 3 months. 3-6 is the average, and a LOT depends on what method they used to reconstruct it. Cadavers are usually a quicker recovery but have some cons. Using parts of other ligaments lengthens the recovery time. From experience, about 12 months to run, even longer to get back to speed. But everyone heals at different rates. 

53 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Remember when people were losing their minds over Blackmon being drafted?

Yup.

Yeah .. i remember well. I brought that thread back up ... it's below.  Many forum experts said he was a 4th- 5th round talent that would miss half or all of this season.

15 minutes ago, csmopar said:

If I recall,  Blackmon was hurt very very late into his last college season, but had surgery almost immediately. Depending on just what the ACL injury intent was, it’s entirely possible to be cleared for running again within 3 months. 3-6 is the average, and a LOT depends on what method they used to reconstruct it. Cadavers are usually a quicker recovery but have some cons. Using parts of other ligaments lengthens the recovery time. From experience, about 12 months to run, even longer to get back to speed. But everyone heals at different rates. 

That's honestly why I was asking..I think I remember them saying he got hurt very late in the season or around bowl time, that's why I was shocked at first.

I remember them talking up his comeback, but I honestly thought it was just to give the fans some info and that he'd be back eventually, not basically the beginning of the season.

1 hour ago, IinD said:

To lazy to look it up, but is this the kid we drafted with a torn ACL? How did he recover so quickly?

I'm happy he did, but I remember the tv heads saying he'll need to redshirt this year because of the injury...

Yep, it's been about 9.5 months since he tore his ACL. Depends on how fast he heals. I'm not surprised he's healthy enough to play, but I am surprised he came in and played *well* right away after missing most of training camp.

18 minutes ago, csmopar said:

They said today he was hurt in the bowl game.  That’s pretty impressive to comeback as fast as he did.  I remember when he was drafted the experts said he’d miss most of the first half of the season at least.  

1 hour ago, Dingus McGirt said:

More interested in his hair.

I have just always been surprised at how underwhelming he acted. Like this is just a job. And for a lot of guys thats all it is, but on this team. 

I had high hopes for Hooker but, it would seem, his career is looking bleak. 

All the best to him. 

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

We have Tavon Wilson who has a ton of experience and I would assume we bring Ibraheim Campbell who started 3 games for the Packers last season up from P.S., he has now had 3 weeks to ingest the playbook.

For what? Weve got Willis and Odum at SS

23 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Odum played CB, FS, LB & SS in college - heavy emphasis on LB and SS.

His speed has translated well to FS in the NFL. His role won't likely change....teams and primary backup at FS/SS....

Theyve played him at both after injuries forced us to but i think hes more suited to playing in the box.

16 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The fact he only missed one game is impressive. Then add that to how well he played. The draft experts said he would of went in the second round had he not been injured. They weren’t expecting him to play until oct. 

Blackmon is going to be a good one IMO. Ballard got a steal there (and I thought he was a reach originally). Couldn't of timed his return better! :thmup:

4 hours ago, stitches said:

Hooker has an Achilles injury according to reports.

But Blackmon played very well. I was kind of shocked when I first saw him on the field, I thought he would need a bit more time to get ready to play... Oh well, that one comes in the best possible moment. Let's hope he can keep it up in case Hookers injury keeps him out for a while.

Exactly with Blackmon coming off injury I thought he was probably not available till Week 6 or so. Same reaction was surprised to see him out. Great game by him stud player. 

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks. He sure is not. 

Exactly. He is not that good. He compiles a lot of his stats in the fourth quarter (like last week). But he does not do what it takes to win. 

We should not have traded Diggs. He and Thielen complemented each other well. I read that Diggs had 8 catches for 153 and 1 TD today. 

Diggs called him out last year, I believe.  After that Cousins elevated his game to where it should be.  He's not the same without Diggs.  No knock on Thielen, but he can't carry that team.

16 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

What has Hooker done to get any respect?

If you don't know that Hooker has done things for this team that has probably never been done at FS then stop asking questions. You get hyped that our rookie (coming off injury) played well. Lookup how many INTs Hooker had his rookie year. Thats your answer.

Another unexpected good game came from TJ Carrie.  Outside of one penalty he played a very good game.

But, personally, I'm going to wait a bit on an evaluation of Blackmon and Carrie because Minnesota is really, really bad.  They may even be in the Lose for Lawrence club.

But Blackmon did play well, and as someone who has long thought that Hooker was a mediocre player, I think Blackmon will prove to be better than Hooker.  But, again, I was to see him play against a good QB a few times before making a declaration.

4 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

If you don't know that Hooker has done things for this team that has probably never been done at FS then stop asking questions. You get hyped that our rookie (coming off injury) played well. Lookup how many INTs Hooker had his rookie year. Thats your answer.

He hasn’t been able to be available on many Sundays, not a good tackler, and interceptions have dropped off by being out of position and taking poor angles. Sorry to disagree, but my eye test tells me he’s not all that.

4 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Minnesota was preseason betting favorite to win the NFC North actually so many thought they were going to be very good. They faced a solid Green bay club and a solid and **ed off Colts Defense.  Let's see how they do next week i expect them to get a win

I hope so.  I grew up near Ft Wayne, life long Colts fan.  Lived in TN the last 25 years.  Be nice to see the Vikings hang a loss on the Titans.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2020 at 2:35 AM, PrincetonTiger said:

I feel sorry for @NFLfan, @VikingsFanInChennai and others because he is not the answer

It's simple, if the opponent defense has great pass rush, cousins can't play well. If the secondary is good as well, Cousins won't even give a fight. 

He will play inconsistent to elite, depending on how these two factors vary in the opponent defense. Quite simple. 

Has been the story of his career, probably even from college days and also why he's a polarizing player. Fans can assert their opinion based on how he played so and so against some teams and how he can do great if this and that is resolved (OL for Vikings, receiver drop and defense for Washington). 

There are numerous other flaws in him, but it all starts there as I explained.

I can't remember which play it was, but I think it was about the 3rd quarter. Browns ran a playaction pass if I recall, and we were playing with a single high safety (Blackmon). Baker and everyone on the field rolled left, ended up throwing across the field right to a wide open TE I believe. They showed the overhead view and it was incredible watching Blackmons instincts and range to get over there and laid a perfectly timed hit, that almost caused an incompletion. I think this kid is legit.

Archived