Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Per Schefter: Pascal likely to play; Pittman unlikely (toe)

Not all that worried about Pittman being out, but it does stink given he's a TE-like WR in terms of measurables. 

Regardless of Doyle and Pittman being out, Rivers still has plenty of pass catching options. Sure, we're all gun shy about the INT issues, but he's not JB who struggled to find open guys. And MN DBs are plain bad and got torched last week. He still has TY, Campbell, and Hines. That's a pretty good top 3. I expect that one or more of MAC, Pascal, Fountain, Dulin, or perhaps even Patmon or Taylor to emerge and make some plays today.

What really is at risk for Pittman, is that he simply needs reps. If a guy like Patmon plays today and looks good, Pittman might be facing competition for future snaps. The competition of course is good, but whoever falls behind and loses snaps simply slows their development. 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not all that worried about Pittman being out, but it does stink given he's a TE-like WR in terms of measurables. 

Regardless of Doyle and Pittman being out, Rivers still has plenty of pass catching options. Sure, we're all gun shy about the INT issues, but he's not JB who struggled to find open guys. And MN DBs are plain bad and got torched last week. He still has TY, Campbell, and Hines. That's a pretty good top 3. I expect that one or more of MAC, Pascal, Fountain, Dulin, or perhaps even Patmon or Taylor to emerge and make some plays today.

What really is at risk for Pittman, is that he simply needs reps. If a guy like Patmon plays today and looks good, Pittman might be facing competition for future snaps. The competition of course is good, but whoever falls behind and loses snaps simply slows their development. 

I have a feeling TY has a huge game today.

• Like 1
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I do too. But to be honest, he look very un-TYish last week. MN DBs looked horrible last week, so if he doesn't have a good game, I'll be officially worried.

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually think Campbell will do better than TY again this week. He's our no1 after last week until proven otherwise. IMO, Hilton is the no1 receiver by name only.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I actually think Campbell will do better than TY again this week. He's our no1 after last week until proven otherwise. IMO, Hilton is the no1 receiver by name only.

I could easily see that happening. A little torn. On one hand, MN will likely take note of Campbell last week and may pay as much or more attention to him than TY. I'm sure they're eyes are on TY, Campbell, and Hines as the top 3 to limit.

I can also see Campbell start to get more time at Z. TY, PC, and MP all had similar snap counts last week. PC with the most, but only by 2 over TY. I definitely think if PC continues to perform, he'll play more and more outside, with TY playing more and more inside.

Conversely, if TY shows out today, we may all be thinking different tomorrow. Father time though...

• Like 2

It sux for any of the rookies to miss time.  This is basically their preseason and they need all the reps they can get with this modified season.  Hopefully it won't keep him out past today.  I also think TY shows out today vs. the inexperience in the Vikings secondary, and maybe their best guy Dantzler being out.  On the flip side, Thielen could go off for 200.  Should be a good battle between he and TY for air superiority.  But I like Campbell to have a sneaky good game going against their #2 guy.  I don't see too many big plays but I think he'll see a lot of catches.  Hines too.

5 minutes ago, PrideOfAthens17 said:

Really need the typical run game performance from the offense today to offset the pass game options they'll be without.

Purely my opinion, but the way MN DBs played last week, TY, PC, Hines, and Pascal will be more than enough receiving options. I do expect more running this week, but I expected a lot more running last week though too lol. And now Mack is out, and Taylor didn't look like we thought he would last week. I hope he gets the start, and looks the part this week. I'm going to go full melt down if they run goal line up the middle with Hines again though.

If Pittman is hobbled, why not activate Patmon.  What does us bringing up Fountain from the practice squad and activating him on game day over Patmon mean?  Patmon needs more time with the playbook?

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I disagree with this. Campbell will continue to progress, but I don't think he'll be the Colts' No. 1 receiver today or this season. We'll see.