Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2 Round Nfl Mock Draft (3/24/12)

First Round:

1. Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

- No explanation needed.

2. Washington Redskins (From Rams) - Robert Griffen III, QB, Baylor

- No explanation needed.

3. Minnesota Vikings - Matt Kalil, OT, USC

- Vikings need a blindside protector for Christian Ponder. Charlie Johnson did not do the job last season.

4. Cleveland Browns - Justin Blackmon, WR, OSU

- Browns should take Trent Richardson here but they wont. Blackmon is the best receiver in the draft and whoever the Browns quarterback is they need a #1 receiver which they currently don't have.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU

- Buccaneers still need a cornerback even with Ronde Barber back with the Bucs. Eric Wright doesn't qualify as a starter for me.

6. St. Louis Rams (From Redskins) - Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame

- Rams still haven't signed a good #1 receiver for Bradford. That being said, I expect them to draft one in the draft. Floyd is the best receiver available and some speculate he might be the best one.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Quinton Coples, DE, UNC

- Jaguars need a star at the defensive end position. Jeremy Mincey is average, Derrick Harvey is a Bronco, and Matt Roth is a free agent. The Jaguars will need to start pressuring the quarterback if they want to be competitive in the AFC South.

8. Miami Dolphins - Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa

- Ryan Tannehill will not be the pick here because he will be a total reach and the Dolphins signed David Garrad who is somewhat decent. I expect them to draft Matt Barkley next season with the #1 pick. For the pick, Marc Colombo was awful last season. Dolphins certainly need a upgrade at right tackle if they want to fall flat for Matt (Barkley) next season.

9. Carolina Panthers - Devon Still, DT, Penn St.

- The Panthers will need some help on defense if they wanna be a playoff contender. Terrell McClain was awful last season and need a new replacement to help the front four.

10. Buffalo Bills - Johnathan Martin, OT, Stanford

- After upgrading the defense, the Bills will look on offense for this pick. Free Agent LT Demetrius Bell is more than likely gone. In that case, Bills must draft a offensive tackle or else they will struggle.

11. Kansas City Chiefs - Dontari Poe, NT, Memphis

- Chiefs nose tackle Kelly Gregg is 36 years old and if I were them I would look for a new replacement immediately.

12. Seattle Seahawks - Melvin Ingram, OLB/DE, South Carolina

- Seahawks need a pass rusher to help rush the quarterback.

13. Arizona Cardinals - Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina

- The Cardinals need a wide receiver to match with Larry Fitzgerald. Jeffery is a risky pick, but I am sure it will work fine with a future hall of famer mentor Larry Fitzgerald to teach him.

14. Dallas Cowboys - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama

- Even with the addition of Brandon Carr, the Cowboys still need secondary help.

15. Philadelphia Eagles - Luke Kueluchy, MLB, Boston College

- Andy Reid must be happy to see Kueluchy taken with this pick. Eagles need a linebacker desperately and Kueluchy is the best one in the draft.

16. New York Jets - Courtney Upshaw, OLB/DE, Alabama

- Jets need a pass rusher badly and Upshaw will be a upgrade for Rex Ryan's defense.

17. Cincinatti Bengals (From Raiders) - Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama

- Bengals now have their franchise runningback for the future. Dalton + Green + Richardson sounds pretty scary to me. Adios Cedric Benson!

18. San Diego Chargers - David DeCastro, OG, Stanford

- With former Chargers OG Kris Dielman retired, Chargers must quickly find a replacement. Fortunately, DeCastro is supposed to be the best offensive guard in the draft in years.

19. Chicago Bears - Mike Adams, OT, Ohio St.

- The Bears left tackle Webb is by far the worst tackle in the league. He is more suited for the guard position. Mike Adams is the best tackle available so he will be the pick.

20. Tennessee Titans - Peter Konz, OC, Wisconsin

- Titans need a center and they failed to do so in free agency.

21. Cincinatti Bengals - Nick Perry, DE, USC

- With Rucker and Fanene gone, the Bengals desperately need a defensive end. Perry is the best one available.

22. Cleveland Browns - Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M

- Colt McCoy is not a franchise quarterback. Plain and simple.

23. Detroit Lions - Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama

- With Eric Wright gone, Lions need someone at the cornerback position.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers - Kevin Zeiter, OG, Wisconsin

- Steelers had some offensive line issues last season. Zeiter should help fix the issue.

25. Denver Broncos - Fletcher Cox, DE/DT

- Peyton Manning will make Denver's offense one of the best in the league, if the Broncos wanna reach the superbowl, they have to have a better defense. Fletcher Cox can replace Brodrick Bunkely (Now on the Saints).

26. Houston Texans - Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor

- Texans need a new #2 receiver because Jacoby Jones is not that good and Kevin Walter is just average. Kendall Wright is a explosive wide receiver who is similar to Mike Wallace.

27. New England Patriots (From Saints) - Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illionois

- After Mark Anderson joined the Titans, the Patriots need a playmaker to replace him.

28. Green Bay Packers - Michael Brockers, DT, LSU

- Brockers and Raji is a scary duo you do not want to mess with.

29. Baltimore Ravens - Dont'a Hightower, MLB, Alabama

- Ravens need to start looking for replacement for Ray Lewis.

30. San Francisco 49ers - Keleche Osemele, OT/OG, Iowa St.

- I strongely believe Coby Fleener will not be the pick. The 49ers have Delanie Walker and Veron Davis, so it would be confusing why they woul draft Fleener. Adam Synder signed with the Cardinals so they need to find a replacement.

31. New England Patriots - Mark Barron, SS, Alabama

- Patriots need a strong saftey, Mark Barron will fit the need.

32. New York Giants - David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech

- With Brandon Jacobs out, Giants need a runningback and he is the best one available.

Round 2:

33. St. Louis Rams - Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson

34. Indianapolis Colts - Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford

- Colts need a tight end with Tamme and Clark gone. Fleener is the best tight end in the draft hands down. Luck is familiar with Fleener and will make a fantastic duo for years to come.

35. Minnesota Vikings - Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech

36. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Zack Brown, OLB, UNC

37. Cleveland Browns - Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia

38. Jacksonville Jaguars - Brian Quick, WR, Appalachian St.

39. St. Louis Rams (From Redskins) - Lamar Miller, RB, Miami

40. Carolina Panthers - Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska

41. Buffalo Bills - Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan St.

42. Miami Dolphins - Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers

43. Seattle Seahawks - Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson

44. Kansas City Chiefs - Zebrie Sanders, OT, FSU

45. Dallas Cowboys - Markelle Martin, FS, Oklahoma St.

46. Philadelphia Eagles - Vinny Curry, DE, Marshall

47. New York Jets - Lamar Miller, RB, Miami

48. New England Patriots (From Raiders) - Bobby Wagner, OLB, Utah St.

49. San Diego Chargers - Andre Branch, DE, Clemson

50. Chicago Bears - Dwight Jones, WR, UNC

51. Philadelphia Eagles (From Cardinals) - Bruce Irvin, OLB, West Virginia

52. Tennessee Titans - Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina

53. Cincinnati Bengals - Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia

54. Detroit Lions - Vinny Curry, DE, Marshall

55. Atlanta Falcons - Vontaze Burfict, MLB, Arizona St.

56. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska

57. Denver Broncos - Josh Robinson, CB, UCF

58. Houston Texans - Lavonte David, OLB, Nebraska

59. New Orleans Saints

60. Green Bay Packers - Chandler Jones, DE, Syracuse

61. Baltimore Ravens - Andrew Datko, OT, FSU

62. San Francisco 49ers - Ronnell Lewis, OLB, Oklahoma

63. New England Patriots - Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern St.

64. New York Giants - Antonio Allen, SS, South Carolina

Pretty good IMO. I think if Blackmon is off the board they will select an OT at #6...perhaps Reiff or Martin. Floyd at that position seems a little bit of a push to me...he seems like he should go somewhere in the top 15-25 but not in the top 10. Who knows what St. Louis will decide. I'll tell you one thing though. If they can't protect Bradford he will never reach his potential in this league. Protection seemed to be an issue with the Rams when they had Bulger too and I thought he never reached his potential as a QB.

I see Fleener going #32 to the Giants, because they're decimated at TE after the SB. If Stephen Hill is available as well as Fleener at #34 I don't see us passing up Stephen Hill.

Yeah, Especially after seeing Kendall Wright drop all those passes on his pro day. I've heard some mixed reports on Chris Givens hands on his pro day (although his hands on tape look terrific) Stephen Hill is looking more and more likely the best pick at the top of the 2nd. But only if Wright goes in the 1st.

Antonio Allen, Vontez Burfict, Dwayne Allen, Andrew Datko, Chase Minifield and Dwight Jones will not be 2nd Rounders.

Defientately for Chase, Burfict and Allen

Burfict will be extremely lucky if he's selected before the 5th round at this rate. No one who has actually watched his game tape thinks he's any good and he simply doesn't have the talent between the ears to properly make use of his physical talents. Nevermind the fact that he's also a complete egotistical nutjob and likely locker room cancer.