Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Doyle is Out (9/20)

Doyle is an availability issue. Hip, then other issues and now the ankle. I think Jack is closing down and I don't think Mo is the answer. When they went to Trey in the offseason, I think the coaches made their decision to give Jack a back up role. I think Jack felt it and is now just trying to coast to the end of the season. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
8 minutes ago, Introspect said:

Paying Doyle was a mistake. 

4 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

Doyle is an availability issue. Hip, then other issues and now the ankle. I think Jack is closing down and I don't think Mo is the answer. When they went to Trey in the offseason, I think the coaches made their decision to give Jack a back up role. I think Jack felt it and is now just trying to coast to the end of the season. 

Horse dung. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
47 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

jon stewart what GIF

• Haha 4
54 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

He had a hip issue which happens, and a lacerated kidney in which he was in a hospital for. Last year he played all 16. He doesnt have an avaliablilty issue, especially as a TE who is almost every play and takes shots across the middle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Doyle was a smart buy. He’ll be back and playing well in no time. But the team does need to invest in the position via the draft next year. It’s been ignored long enough. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, AustexColt said:

I’ve  never been impressed with your thoughts on this board.  This post does not in any way alter that perception. In fact it confirms my sentiment. In other words,

Dear God...

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hes Ballards boy.  I thought it was a joke when they were so eager to extend him

It’s not that they gave him an extension...he’s a fine vet to have around...who catches well and blocks well. But he’s also 30 now and is one year removed from hip surgery...so he would be better used as a TE1b to a young TE1a.

But Ballard hasn’t drafted one and the coaching staff hasn’t developed one. And then this offseason...Ebron left and Ballard was only able to get a lotto ticket signing of a (likely broken) Trey Burton to address the position. 

I hope that doesn’t happen this upcoming offseason. If TE is truly meant to be a staple of the passing game...then the Colts are going to need sign/trade for a good one and then draft one to develop.

Even better would be an in-season trade.

• Sad 1
52 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Green could see the field. What 2 players were brought up last week, I never read anywhere.

None, Colts elected to not bring up an extra 2.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Wonder why, maybe because on the road, does the club save money by not elevating I wonder (Would think so though that is kinda penny pinching).

With the new CBA, teams may elevate two practice squad players to the active roster each week, but that can only happen with each individual player two times. For a third (or greater) time, the player has to go to the 53-man roster.

Teams then return to the 53-man roster limit when players revert to the PS at 1 p.m. business day following game.

I think the Colts are trying to be careful with their allotment of 2 elevations per PS member. Only use them when absolutely necessary. You are correct that PS players who get elevated to the active roster get paid league min for that week.

• Superman changed the title to Doyle is Out (9/20)

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2020/9/24/21454904/colts-injury-report-tight-end-jack-doyle-manages-to-practice

Tight end Jack Doyle (knee) managed to practice today, albeit it in a limited capacity, for the first time in over a week. This is great news for the Colts as Doyle is a big part of what the team does in Frank Reich’s tight end centric offense. It’s good to see Doyle trending in the right direction but he will likely still be a long shot to play Sunday against the Jets.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Dogg63 said:

Jack Doyle is ACTIVE for today's game. This is excellent news!

Here are our inactives:

• QB Jacob Eason
• CB Rock Ya-Sin
• DT Eli Ankou
• WR Dezmon Patmon

Shouldn’t there be 6-7 inactive? 

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Shouldn’t there be 6-7 inactive? 

Ya-Sin (non-football illness) and linebacker Matthew Adams (ankle) had already been ruled out of today's game on Friday by head coach Frank Reich; Adams was then placed on injured reserve on Saturday.

Per colts.com

• Thanks 1