Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Even if the team loses Sunday, they have as soft a schedule as your could ask for after that.  Jets, Bears, Browns, Bengals, Lions.

I was thinking 5-2 after the first 7 would be probable, maybe 6-1 or possibly all 7.  

After this, the non con schedule is just brutal and looks even worse with how good Pitt looked this weekend.  In division, Texans don't look as formidiable, and I am not sold on Tennesse either, but the Colts were far from impressive.

If the Colts are not significantly better against the run going forward then they were last season, this is going to be pretty much a lost season IMO.  

If we can't go 4-1 v. those 5 teams IMO, we are far from what I thought we were.  

Until we see this team put it all together...I don't feel safe predicting any type of stretch like that.

This season has a lot of parity...more than I recall seeing in recent years. Of those teams you listed...only the NYJ appear to be a dumpster fire. CIN maybe...but they are still figuring things out with Burrow. I think CHI and DET are decent opponents...and CLE has talent. 

Going to have to take it one game at a time.

• Like 6

It's too early to judge, but I don't know why anyone thinks the Browns, Bears, Lions, or even the Bengals games are going to be easier than the second part of the season.  And historically, we haven't had much luck with the Jets.

I agree with @shasta519 , the lack of OTAs and the preseason resulted in a lot of parity. 

I think as the season goes on, the wheat will start separating from the chaff.  I just hope we're wheat.

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

It's too early to judge, but I don't know why anyone thinks the Browns, Bears, Lions, or even the Bengals games are going to be easier than the second part of the season.  And historically, we haven't had much luck with the Jets.

I agree with @shasta519 , the lack of OTAs and the preseason resulted in a lot of parity. 

I think as the season goes on, the wheat will start separating from the chaff.  I just hope we're wheat.

Agreed. And some of the teams that looked good in game 1 may not look so good come week 6 and vice Versa. 

• Like 1

Weve got an explosive group on offense. We need the D to step up starting Sunday to really get some solid results. The problems we had last week were not due to being outmatched in any way. The film shows technique and execution issues which are fixable

Well yeah theoretically it's to early to "judge" but I think we can predict with mountains of evidence and just common sense that 

wks 3-7 Jets, Bears, Browns, Bengals, Lions  

are going to be a much lighter schedule that

wks. 8-12   Ravens, Titans, Packers, Titans, Houston

I'm not a gambling man but I would be willing to bet a a pretty hefty percentage of my meager assets that the SOS for wks. 8-12 is going to prove to me much greater than wks. 3-7

6 hours ago, Nickster said:

If the Colts are not significantly better against the run going forward then they were last season, this is going to be pretty much a lost season IMO.  

Well the second half they were doing better it seemed. The big question will be the passing

14 hours ago, Nickster said:

Even if the team loses Sunday, they have as soft a schedule as your could ask for after that.  Jets, Bears, Browns, Bengals, Lions.

I was thinking 5-2 after the first 7 would be probable, maybe 6-1 or possibly all 7.  

After this, the non con schedule is just brutal and looks even worse with how good Pitt looked this weekend.  In division, Texans don't look as formidiable, and I am not sold on Tennesse either, but the Colts were far from impressive.

If we can't go 4-1 v. those 5 teams IMO, we are far from what I thought we were.  

Hmmmmm....so u think we could run thr table if we lose this weekend? We just lost to the Jags. They were predicted to be in play for the  #1 pick

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hmmmmm....so u think we could run thr table if we lose this weekend? We just lost to the Jags. They were predicted to be in play for the  #1 pick

Just who predicted the Jags would be in play for the #1 pick? 

5 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Maybe the Colts are in play for the #1 pick?

Endeavor for Trevor!

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nah not our goal, we are in it to win it all. After this Sunday I think that will show. Last week was a fluke IMO. 

I dunno.... maybe it was a fluke for Jax, but our defense was so bad and Rivers' propensity to throw to the other team continued to be something to be wary of. I wouldnt be overly shocked if Dalvin Cook torches our run D and Thielen eats. We couldnt handle DJ Chark, how we gonna manage with him?

My two cents...

I’ve never understood how applying last year’s SOS has any bearing on this year’s outcomes. Good teams last season turn out to be bad this year and vice versa. It happens every year. 

I never bought the hype that the Jags were tanking and an automatic win for Indy. 

I don’t think the season is over should the Colts lose on Sunday nor do I think it salvaged should they win.  And declaring it either way is pure folly. 

Hope they win on Sunday. Then I will start to think about the Jets game. 

7 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

My two cents...

I’ve never understood how applying last year’s SOS has any bearing on this year’s outcomes. Good teams last season turn out to be bad this year and vice versa. It happens every year. 

I never bought the hype that the Jags were tanking and an automatic win for Indy. 

I don’t think the season is over should the Colts lose on Sunday nor do I think it salvaged should they win.  And declaring it either way is pure folly. 

Hope they win on Sunday. Then I will start to think about the Jets game. 

While true, the statistics and history of teams that start 0-2 and their season prospects are not promising (I believe it's like 12% make they playoffs from that position). Just numbers i know, but still something to think about.

If the defense looks like a dumpster fire again, I think it would be fair to start worrying about how the rest of the season will fare.

1 minute ago, Chucklez said:

While true, the statistics and history of teams that start 0-2 and their season prospects are not promising (I believe it's like 12% make they playoffs from that position). Just numbers i know, but still something to think about.

If the defense looks like a dumpster fire again, I think it would be fair to start worrying about how the rest of the season will fare.

Great and correct use of fair and fare in your last sentence. 

Dis not say it would not be an uphill climb should they lose on Sunday just that the season is not over. 

Plus there is an extra playoff spot this year as well. 

All I am saying is that I won’t panic or get completely relieved with either outcome on Sunday. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Dis not say it would not be an uphill climb should they lose on Sunday just that the season is not over. 

All I am saying is that I won’t panic or get completely relieved with either outcome on Sunday. 

The bolded is a key bit of info, when discussing the percentages of teams making the playoffs after 0-2 start. That extra slot is a game changer.

11 hours ago, Sumo63 said:

I wont feel confident vs any opponent until Eberflus fields a D that is competitive.

There was an article earlier this week showing some evidence that it wasn't all on Flus. Our guys played really poorly. The % and easy TDs was alarming and poor field position due to TO kept yardage totals down. Blame goes to the whole D unit. Just hope it doesn't take weeks to get it goin. 

57 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

First bolded sentence, a true and good point which should help bump that 12% number up a bit higher.

Second bolded point, if we lose and go 0-2, my reaction will be based on HOW we lose. If the defense looks completely and utterly inept again, I'll be heavily in panic mode for the season's prospects. If it is a close fought battle and we lose, but we showed up (especially on D), that is a totally different looking 0-2 and I wouldn't be as worried.

I also need to see Rivers make those plays still but not throw those bewildering more like 30-70 balls (30% our guy gets it - 70% their guy does. His picks last week definitely weren't 50-50 balls). 

11 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

No.  I meant I was thinking that before Sunday.  Can’t go 7 and 0 when you’ve already lost Moose.