Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kinlaw

Moosejawcolt

Just now, rockywoj said:

Choosing a “sure thing” over a prospect. I have no regret in using the pick on Buckner rather than Kinlaw. 

True to some degree. However, this is totally on Ballard. By making this trade, he was telling everyone that Buckner was the missing piece to this defence. Ballard was saying to the world that I have assembled defensive talent and Buckner is what I need to make this D legit. Just saying. Game 1 and I dont like what I saw

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

No. I am a Colts fan.  Just having fun. Allowed to have a little fun now and then aren't  I? Or has the Jags loss left this forum in a state of crisis? lol.

Trying to stir stuff up because your board is the very definition of trolling even if you are a Colts fan.

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Trying to stir stuff up because your board is the very definition of trolling even if you are a Colts fan.

"Trolling is defined as creating discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people by posting inflammatory or off-topic messages in an online community. Basically, a social media troll is someone who purposely says something controversial in order to get a rise out of other users." So i guess if I upset u or got a rise oit of u, then by definition, I was trolling lol

28 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

True to some degree. However, this is totally on Ballard. By making this trade, he was telling everyone that Buckner was the missing piece to this defence. Ballard was saying to the world that I have assembled defensive talent and Buckner is what I need to make this D legit. Just saying. Game 1 and I dont like what I saw

How is that different than if he stood pat and then selected Kinlaw?  DT was a need and he took the established young star route rather than going with a rookie, using the very same draft capital in doing so. No controversy here, methinks you’re totally splitting hairs here. 

Just now, rockywoj said:

How is that different than if he stood pat and then selected Kinlaw?  DT was a need and he took the established young star route rather than going with a rookie.

Well. We would have used the 13th overall pick and a lower contract. Ballard paid Buckner 100 million, as he saw him as the missing piece. Big difference I think.

7 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Well. We would have used the 13th overall pick and a lower contract. Ballard paid Buckner 100 million, as he saw him as the missing piece. Big difference I think.

Pfft, I don’t sign the cheque’s so what the player is paid is no never-mind to me.  Fans pay far too much worry about what people are paid. My mantra, not coming out of my bank account, so I don’t give a crap, as long as the player improves the team, pay them billions for all I care. Plus, at the end of the day, there’s no guarantee the Colts would’ve selected Kinlaw.  Ergo, you are playing a fools game in the comparison. Do the prairies proud, lets turn the discussion forward instead of dwelling on should’ve could’ve irrelevant hindsight. 

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

"Trolling is defined as creating discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people by posting inflammatory or off-topic messages in an online community. Basically, a social media troll is someone who purposely says something controversial in order to get a rise out of other users." So i guess if I upset u or got a rise oit of u, then by definition, I was trolling lol

Yeah I don’t really care but you admitted to it when you said you were start a thread to stir things up.  Anyway have a nice night.

1 hour ago, rockywoj said:

Pfft, I don’t sign the cheque’s so what the player is paid is no never-mind to me.  Fans pay far too much worry about what people are paid. My mantra, not coming out of my bank account, so I don’t give a crap, as long as the player improves the team, pay them billions for all I care. Plus, at the end of the day, there’s no guarantee the Colts would’ve selected Kinlaw.  Ergo, you are playing a fools game in the comparison. Do the prairies proud, lets turn the discussion forward instead of dwelling on should’ve could’ve irrelevant hindsight. 

It’s also one game.  Check back with me at the end of the year or even a couple of years.  Then we will know if it was bad a trade or not.  For now we can’t know based off one game.

I agree with you 100% about the money part.  It’s not our money and the Colts have the cap space to sign anyone they want too so why worry about the money situation?

• w87r locked this topic

Archived